The process of creating multiple versions of the same video is named as Video Transcoding. Each version is optimized for various types of devices used for watching videos. Video Transcoding process allows the broadcasters to deliver high-quality videos to users with high-speed internet and avoids buffering at low internet speed. It is a helpful tool for media delivery without any loss of quality and time-consuming process. Here are the best practices to achieve high-quality video.
Table of Contents
- Video Transcoding best practices to achieve High Quality in Videos:
- Tips for video transcoding
- This is why you should do video Transcoding
- Just transcoding your video can make it twice as popular
- Have you ever seen a video that doesn’t play on your mobile?
- If you want high-quality videos
- Lots of YouTubers want high quality
- How can you create a high-quality video that people want to see?
- Here is a greater importance placed on video content
- Likes and video views are some of the best marketing tools out there
- This is what you do wrong when recording videos for your business
- Best Practices To Achieve High Quality In Videos
Video Transcoding best practices to achieve High Quality in Videos:
Encode from the best quality source:
If the source of the video is interlaced, try to enforce and de-interlace settings to achieve high-quality video.
Use 2-Pass VBR:
Unlike Constant Bit Rate and Variable Bit Rate methods, the 2-pass VBR method is the best method to transcode video to achieve the best picture quality.
Try to use the median filters to improve the picture quality in your video by correcting the defects.
Mobile Device Specific Settings:
If you are using it for mobile devices, make sure to change the platform-specific settings.
Create adaptive sets:
First should verify that the video playback is running with no issues and also overall connection speeds. Create adaptive sets that transcodes the same video with multiple bitrates.
Select the right bitrates for encoding and transcoding of any video. Sometimes selecting the right bitrate depends on the video type.
Width and Height:
Video Transcoding delivers high-quality video when the width and height are in the right use. People can use any width or height, but be careful with non-optimal settings damage the quality and it may reduce the frame rates.
Consider Turbo Mode:
Considering the right Turbo Mode will improve 2x-4x speed gains over normal mode, increase your costs $1-$2/GB. You can enable the turbo mode with a simple call.
Choose the right streaming content and All the content that is viewed on the internet inside an application is considered streaming content.
Eliminate Blocking Artifacts:
Blocking artifacts are undesirable video characteristics that appear to be made up of small squares, rather than smooth edges. Reduce the blocking artifacts to improve H.264 encoding efficiency and it’s best for horizontal and vertical frame size dimensions.
Pay Attention to your Profile Settings:
Pay attention to your profile settings. If your screen dimensions are LD chose baseline and dimensions are SD choose mainframe dimensions SD (720) chose high.
Progressive Scan Mode for Source Video:
Use the progressive scan modes of professional cameras, smartphones that offer a progressive capture mode.
Providing a high-quality source video is critical and your output will be good if you give the right input. The garbage-in garbage-out options apply here.
Optimize your profiles:
Optimize your profiles such as MP4 H.264/AVC for delivery codec and also for modern video applications.
Frame Rate (FPS):
The Frame rates are the frequency at which separate frames are displayed. That is expressed in frames per second. 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, and 60 are the main standards for Video and television.
Balancing between Bitrate and Resolution:
It is still a challenging task to maintain the right balance between bitrate and resolution as it is related to an end user’s system capability and connection speed.
Maintain proper bandwidth that is faster than ever or which is equal t0 10 Mbps spread for the high-quality picture. Connection speed is one element that might impact a user’s streaming experience.
The network is one more parameter in video transcoding average users will connect to the internet via home WIFI or company network. Connecting to the home network may affect the overall bandwidth and video quality.
Different users use different devices as each device has its own potentials. So, make sure to get into specific device settings for lossless video.
The device’s age plays a key role in streaming content. The old versions of devices may not have supportive memory, OS to handle HD quality video streaming.
Few browsers have streaming problems while adopting the HTML5 and MPEG DASH delivery. The browser also just needs to be updated for delivering the HD quality video content.
Choose the best platform for video Transcoding and to get lossless video delivery. Transcoding plays a major role in the estimating process of power and other platform parameters.
Setting the performance bar:
Setting the performance bar at the high end of the STB platform and it must be set for HDTV 1080p. STBs are capable of supporting this high level of rescaling display outputs and throughput in real-time.
Try to close all other unused apps in the window for fast and reliable video delivery.
Tips for video transcoding
- Use square videos
- Stick to one story per video (with voice over if necessary)
- Keep the video vertical and refrain from rotating it into landscape mode
- Make it short. 1-2 minutes maximum
- It should be of high quality and high resolution
This is why you should do video Transcoding
- There are too many formats and sizes on the market to deal with
- It is essential for the SEO of your video to choose the right formats and resolutions
- Videos with subtitles are more likely to be watched than videos without subtitles
- Vimeo is better for SEO than Youtube
Just transcoding your video can make it twice as popular
- Auto Transcode your videos using a tool like ReelSEO
- Check and fix the quality of each video.
- High-quality videos get more shares.
- Use .mp4 instead of .mov as it works better with Facebook
Have you ever seen a video that doesn’t play on your mobile?
This is because not every device can handle the same video formats.
- Buy a Mac Laptop (Macbook, Macbook Pro, or iMac)
- Download the YouTube Video Editor
- Start Transcoding all your videos into these formats!
- MP4, WebM, or AVI for mobiles like and comment if you have any questions.
If you want high-quality videos
- Consistency in uploading
- Stop filming in landscape
- Use a smartphone with an external microphone and camera
- Don’t rely on natural sound. Get rid of background sounds
- Use steady hands or get a tripod
Lots of YouTubers want high quality
- Go live
- Shoot videos with a phone
- Use hashtags in the video title when relevant
- Stay consistent on editing time. Mon, Wed, Fri at 10 am and Thursday 1 pm
- Use unique content in every new video
- Quote related influencers inside your video. This way, you’ll be ‘sponsored’ by fact.
- Make a 30-second trailer that includes
How can you create a high-quality video that people want to see?
- Keep your videos short < 3 minutes.
- Keep your ratio of talking vs. action shots at less than 50/50.
- Put it in landscape mode at [email protected] fps.
- Keep it simple and use natural angles.
Here is a greater importance placed on video content
- If you’re not using videos, you’re missing out
- Videos are the future of your blog
- Low-quality videos will push users away
- High-quality videos will keep users engaged
Likes and video views are some of the best marketing tools out there
- Don’t use auto settings when uploading videos
- Use a great background
- Use a great microphone. There is no better way to stand out from the crowd than having a nice mike. On iPhone, try iRig Pops
- Don’t keep it at default 15 seconds long
This is what you do wrong when recording videos for your business
- Low-resolution videos
- Poor sound quality
- Bad lighting
- Lack of branding or creative editing, or both!
- Poor audio recording quality
- Shaky videos
- Too many cuts in each video
Best Practices To Achieve High Quality In Videos
- Best lighting techniques for your videos
- No need for a huge studio; you can use DIY ideas.
- Unique mouth-tone technique to improve the quality of your voice.
- Using a DSLR camera for action shots.
- Be willing to do unpaid videos on your way up, as it will increase your exposure in the long run.
- Startup Benchmarks
- Look at other blogs and websites
- Collaborate with the creators of these content
- A/B test your videos, too
- Video Optimization
- Make sure you have a good microphone
- Have a good lighting
- Pay attention to background noises during live streams
- You can find more in-depth listicle ideas here.
- Out of the Box Ideas
- Show you have personality (it’s boring to see talking heads)
- Be prepared for pre
- Pick a background video that compliments your work
- Make sure your camera can shoot at the required frame rate
- Provide good lighting
- Use a tripod
- Make sure to use a microphone
- Prepare Your Space
- Use A Tripod When Shooting Videos
- Ergonomics Are Key in Editing
- Exposure And Focus Are Crucial In Video
- Audio Is Also Important
- Have Several Different Shots From Several Angles
- Film in moving vehicles for an aerial view
- Don’t have a background that distracts the viewer
- Have 2 or more cameras to cover different angles
- Pick an interesting topic
- Choose a good location for your video
- Use words to help guide your viewers.
- Use short clips with transitions
- Avoid bad lighting
- Having a bright background is a must
- Use professional camera and lighting
- Have a clear overview of your expectations
- Make the video as short as possible
- Get real feedback from real people
- Don’t use the camera’s microphone
- Use a good microphone
- Consider a directional mic
- Don’t have echoes
- Avoid shooting videos in a busy place
- Figure out how to effectively light the video
- Poor lighting is bad lighting
- Use multiple cameras for a more natural viewpoint
- Keep movement smooth
- Get rid of distracting backgrounds and props
- Edit to focus on the content and not the environment or video recorder
- Good Quality Editing Software
- Good quality sound source
- Proper Camera (both hardware and software)
- Learn your camera’s functionality
- Find Your Voice in the Crowd
- Use Slides and Images to Reinforce the Main Points
- Edit Quickly to Create a Hustle-Free Environment
- Record Vlogs of Yourself While You Work
- Select proper camera
- Understand how to shoot video
- Work with a great team
- Hire a professional editor
- Find the right tools to create your video message
- Stay in frame
- Use the best possible equipment
- Compressing your video
- Avoid camera shake
- Balance the audio
- Overlap your audio and video tracks
- Recognize your own strengths and weaknesses while filming
- Use the right format
- Find great talent
- Get royalty-free music and video
- Plan your shoot
- Edit well
- Produce high-quality images and videos
- Test, track and share content across all platforms
- You can’t be sure about getting visitors from the online video.
- One Review App for all the online stores
- Choose a topic you are interested in
- Keep it short and snappy
- Show off your products while filming
- Always use a tripod
- Don’t use zoom while filming
- Learn about the color grading
- Find the right distance to your subject
Video Transcoding is important when you want your videos to reach huge end-users across various devices. Choosing the right transcoding solution or platforms to ensure good user experience. Here we have gone through some best practices that cover a simple pipeline for transcoding high-quality videos for web delivery.