What does the future of travel and hospitality video marketing look like? What trends should you be aware of? In this blog post, we’ll discuss the latest trends expected to take hold in 2022. So if you’re looking to stay ahead of the curve, then read on!
In fact, according to Forbes, 90% of customers say that video helps them make purchasing decisions. If you’re in the travel or hospitality industry, it’s more important than ever to incorporate video into your marketing strategy. But what trends will be most effective in 2022? Keep reading to find out!
What is Travel and Hospitality Video Marketing?
If you want to get your company more exposure, then video marketing is the best way to do it. Studies have shown that people share videos ten times more than text posts.
It’s the process of marketing a travel or hospitality product by using video to attract visitors and convert them into customers.
Travel and Hospitality video marketing is one of the best ways to advertise your business. It’s so effective that you can expect a 1,400% return on investment!
People who travel for business or pleasure are always looking for the best places to visit. As an owner of a hospitality company, you can use video marketing on social media and YouTube to increase awareness of your brand and drive more people to your website.
A great way to market your business is through video. I tell people that Travel and Hospitality Video Marketing can be applied in any niche. Still, it’s beneficial for travel-related companies because they often need to attract new customers.
Travel and Hospitality Video Marketing Trends You Need to Know in 2022
- Video marketing will be more personalized
- The rise of the short video
- Live streaming will become a major form of social media content
- More immersive storytelling formats, including augmented reality and virtual reality
- A focus on authenticity in videos
- Travelers will be more concerned with the quality of food and hotel amenities than the price
- The rise in tourism will require a new focus on safety, security, and sustainability
- Online reviews will become more important to travelers as they look for feedback from other customers
- The need for travel video marketing will increase because of the rise in demand for tourism
- Travelers are more likely to book trips that they can see on social media than those they cannot see online
- Video content is becoming more popular, with over half of all global marketers using it as part of their strategy
- Consumers are looking for authenticity and personal connection in videos, so brands should be careful not to come across as disingenuous or fake
- Travelers are becoming more adventurous
- The rise of the millennial traveller
- A changing landscape in tourism
- Social media’s influence on travel and hospitality marketing
- The rise of the ‘sharing economy.’
- The increase in mobile-friendly travel sites
- An increased focus on sustainability and green initiatives
- A shift away from hotels to home rentals
- The rise of the “staycation.”
- Emerging markets will continue to play a large role in tourism
- More travelers are interested in visiting destinations with emerging economies, such as Cambodia and Nepal
- Travelers will be more likely to stay at budget hotels or hostels rather than luxury resorts
- Videos will have higher production quality, with more sophisticated graphics and animation
- Video content will focus on the unique experiences of destinations, not just the destination itself
- There will be increased use of 360-degree videos to show potential travelers what they can expect before they arrive at their destination
- More videos that give viewers access to exclusive events like concerts or sporting events
- Travel and hospitality video marketing trends will be more interactive
- Video content will become less about destinations and more about people’s stories
- Videos that are done by influencers or celebrities will be the most successful, but videos that show off a company’s culture and values can also do well
- More businesses are going to start using live streaming for events, tours, or interviews to encourage engagement with their customers
- Travel and tourism is the world’s largest employer, with over 1 billion people employed in it
- According to a recent report, video is the most popular content marketing tactic among travel and hospitality brands this year
- With 82% of marketers using it for their business, video has become one of the most effective ways for businesses in these industries to reach their customers on social media
- The rise in popularity of live-streaming apps like Periscope and Facebook Live makes it easier than ever before for organizations and individuals alike to share videos with their followers
- In 2020, we’ll see an increase in 360-degree footage from hotels worldwide as more people want to get a virtual tour of properties before booking.
- Airbnb will continue to be a popular alternative for travelers due to its lower prices and more personalized experience
- Travelers are expected to spend an average of $4,400 on their trips by 2022
- Some people are opting out of travel altogether because they don’t want the hassle or cost
- Technology has made it easier than ever before for people who can’t afford vacations to virtually visit other countries through virtual reality headsets
- The hospitality industry is seeing a surge in new trends, including VR hotel rooms and immersive dining experiences
- Social media influencers are playing an increasingly important role in travel and hospitality marketing
- Companies need to be aware of the changing attitudes about privacy when it comes to social media posts
- Travelers will be able to stay in a hotel for as little as $5 per night
- Chatbots will replace customer service agents and become the primary way travelers interact with hotels
- Hotels will start offering amenities such as Wi-Fi, breakfast, and massages at prices lower than what you’d find at home
- There will be an increase in small boutique hotels that offer unique experiences like spa treatments or cooking classes
- Video will be the primary way to communicate with customers
- Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will continue to grow in popularity for video marketing
- Videos on YouTube will have a higher production quality than those that are uploaded directly to social media sites
- Live streaming videos on Facebook or YouTube will become more popular as new technology becomes available
- One-third of all travel bookings will be made through a voice assistant
- There will be an increase in the use of technology to change the way we travel
- Travelers are looking for more personalized experiences
- People are taking more trips, especially to the Caribbean and Latin America
- Customers want to be able to book their trip on an app or website that they already use
- Customers will increasingly rely on social media influencers for advice about where to go next
- The hotel industry is going through a significant disruption as people prefer booking private residences over hotels
- More than 1 million hotel rooms are under construction globally, with a majority in China and India.
- Travelers will increasingly use messaging apps for customer service purposes- this year, customers contacted Marriott through Facebook Messenger 2x as often as they did through phone calls or email combined!
- The number of travellers who use mobile devices while traveling has increased, with over 50% using them for booking flights and hotels
- Customers are looking for more personalized experiences when they travel, including customized itineraries that match their interests or dietary restrictions
- Video content is a great way to show off the culture of a destination in a fun and engaging way
- Travelers are expecting more personalized experiences
- Technology is influencing the way people travel
- Video marketing will be a key part of any successful travel campaign
- Marketing campaigns need to focus on emotional storytelling to connect with travelers.
We’ve learned a lot about the future of video marketing, and we can help you get ahead of these trends. Let us know how to partner in 2022 with Travel and Hospitality Video Marketing Consulting services tailored to suit your needs.
If you want more information on any of these travel and hospitality video marketing trends for 2022, contact our team today!