YouTube is a video sharing website which has a large user base.Brands and individuals can make use of this platform to promote their products, services and make money.YouTube Monetization program allows the users to earn money on their videos.Advertisements are shown before, during or along the video and the revenue from these advertisements can be shared by the uploader.
Table of Contents
- YouTube Monetization Basics
- YouTube Monetization Model
- YouTube Monetization Tips
- The Ultimate Guide To YouTube Monetized Playbacks
- YouTube Monetization Terms And Conditions
- Live Video Streaming Monetization – Next Big Thing
- 20 Facts About YouTube Monetization
- What Is Multi-Platform VOD Monetization?
- Guide To YouTube Estimated Monetized Playbacks
YouTube Monetization Basics
When a video is uploaded on YouTube and is getting the attention of viewers, these clips can be used to make more money by enabling monetization process.Here are the steps in which YouTube account can be monetized.Sign into your YouTube account and choose the video manager.Go to channel settings and click on monetization option. In the Monetization page, choose the enable my account button and check the YouTube terms and conditions agreement box.Follow the steps for monetization. YouTube checks whether the videos and the channel meet the monetization requirements and within two hours approves or rejects it.
There are different ad formats available for YouTube channels. The uploader can enable them to increase the ad revenue.Different types of ad formats are
• Display ads:
This type of ad format is lower paid and appears on desktops and laptops only.
• Overlay ads:
These ads also appear on laptops or desktops and these can be dismissed by the viewers.
• TrueView in-stream skippable video ads:
These can be inserted at any place in the video and viewers can skip these ads after they are played for five seconds.
• Non-skippable video ads and midroll ads are other types of ad formats available.
YouTube Monetization Model
To earn revenue from YouTube, you have to monetize your YouTube videos. Accept the guidelines of YouTube advertising and then connect to AdSense account to receive payments. Google’s ad revenue share for YouTube should be agreed to enable YouTube video ads. Google keeps 45 percent of the advertising on Videos on YouTube and the user will get the 55 percent share.
YouTube pays the credit for YouTube channel once $100 in earnings is accumulated.The money is a pad to the bank account of the user.
YouTube Monetization Tips
Here are the ideas using which YouTube videos can be monetized –
• The basic thing to monetize the YouTube videos is to get the account verified to enjoy YouTube advanced feature such as YouTube Live, Hangouts on Air etc.
• One of the ways in which YouTube videos can be monetized is through YouTube partner programs. Video uploaders can use this system to earn money through revenue sharing system.
• Paid product placement is another option for monetization of YouTube videos.Find a sponsor who is ready to buy airtime in your video. The approval from YouTube administrator is required for this.
• Collecting funds from fans for financial support is another option and this is called the fan funding. This feature can be started after enabling YouTube channel monetization.Google Wallet needs to be enabled to start the YouTube fan funding.
• The user can promote and sell their own products and this way he will be able to earn more money as the revenue need not be split with anyone else.
• Building affiliation relationship also one of the ways to earn money from YouTube videos.
After the YouTube channel is monetized, the uploader needs to release the content regularly to keep connected with the audience.Bring in viewers from other social network sites such as Twitter, Facebook,Instagram etc.Refine your YouTube monetization strategy t make more money.Maximize the income by pushing people towards offers on your affiliate product, website etc.