The rapid increase in online traffic may cause brands to rethink marketing strategies to stay on top. Video consumption is increasing people inspire by watching eCommerce videos which can simply bring your sales to the next level. Nowadays, retail brands shifted their focus to video marketing and advertising strategies. Shoppable Videos are significant elements for boosting your sales, and retail brands can engage with their audiences like never before.
Table of Contents
- What Are Shoppable Videos?
- How do Shoppable Videos work?
- Why are Shoppable Videos Effective?
- Using Interactive Video on Your Website:
- Importance of Shoppable Videos for eCommerce Platform:
- Best Practices For Creating Creative Shoppable Videos:
- Best Practices For Creating Creative Shoppable Videos
- Video isn’t dead
What Are Shoppable Videos?
Shoppable video is a format that allows consumers to interact with the video advertising via a series of clickable signals that leads customers through to a purchase. Shoppable Video brings quickly gaining momentum with the top brands.
Shoppable video content encourages viewers to make a purchase decision. The content primely includes the Landing page links or product page with the “Buy Now” button, including the product’s demonstration through video.
How do Shoppable Videos work?
Unlike traditional advertisements, Shoppable videos create an interactive experience for viewers. Viewers can click on the custom call to action buttons with embedded links consumers can purchase products instantly without changing the windows. It simply allows customers to contact the brands and purchase products from the video directly.
Shoppable Videos make retail brands’ jobs easy, and consumers can freely meet by reducing the time and actions. Customers need not open the website link manually by opening the products. Shortly, we can say that it will improve customer experience, increasing sales and lead generation.
Why are Shoppable Videos Effective?
Shoppable videos are potential because it offers great opportunities to satisfy the desire to purchase intent with effective, engaging customer service. It provides an extra motivation to make the purchase decisions while viewing the shoppable links within them to give the customers, increase the chance to buy immediately. Shoppable videos have proven to boost customer retention in an engaging manner that encourages viewers to return and repeat with a compelling shopping experience.
Well-defined shoppable videos give an impression on your brands’ products or services with a clear-cut description to the viewers to buy that product and allow them to make the right purchase decisions before changing their minds. It offers a user-friendly process to the retailer by controlling UX and UI design for better user engagement.
Using Interactive Video on Your Website:
Shoppable videos can inspire the Viewers with a whole new approach to present your business services and offerings on your company website and professional platforms. There are many more to explore about the Shoppable videos. Creating this type of in-house video allows brands or businesses to integrate it fully on companies’ digital marketing standards.
Leveraging the Shoppable Videos can be a great video marketing strategy that shows excellent creativity by keeping the brands more aesthetic. Especially, this video advertising strategy has streamlined the better experience for prospective buyers. A fully-formatted shoppable video ad campaign will increase sales and increase audience engagement; it also works as a sales driver and turning away from traditional ads.
Importance of Shoppable Videos for eCommerce Platform:
- Most successful brands plan for Shoppable Videos to align the purchasing process with interactive shopping and increase conversions.
- Shoppable videos are absolutely the future of e-commerce because it uses the newer introductions, new technologies to consume the content.
- It allows brands to gather valuable data to contact indented and loyal customers.
- Shoppable Videos can change the buyer’s intent, boost the conversions increase, and eCommerce sales in the future.
- It will speed up the product buying process rather than traditional buying by removing fundamental steps and protect the loss of custom due to the too-long sales funnels.
Best Practices For Creating Creative Shoppable Videos:
Shoppable videos make flexible communication, especially for direct-to-consumer brands. YouTube launched a new ad format for increasing the demand for brands and a good business outcome from their video advertising. Here are a few best practices to create Shoppable videos to ensure they are impactful promotions.
Offer Clear Viewer Education:
Make sure to educate your viewers on the significance and the power of shoppable video by introducing the poster frame that makes the viewers easy to shop. If possible, include the word interactive representing the hotspot that they should be looking out for throughout the clip.
Stay Loyal to your brands:
Most viewers will recognize the brand style or brand logo as something familiar to them as an extension of your online shopping videos. Brands can also customize their banner designs to continue to remain on-brand. Include the brand colors, same font in the logo as recognizable icons.
Use Right Video Creation Platform:
Creating great shoppable videos on YouTube may require highly professional videos and equipment to make. Take advantage of the great tools to create ad formats and also include annotations.
Know your Audience:
To create an effective shoppable video, marketers need to understand the target audience’s intent first. Based on your audience, your script will showcase your offering informatively and positively. It will help brands drive quality leads for your business and increase your chances of closing a deal.
Be clear with your calls-to-actions:
Be clear with your Call to Actions, include the correct links depending on the button name that should directly reach the product page, company portals, etc.
Best Practices For Creating Creative Shoppable Videos
- Make them shoppable
- Use product tags
- Find your inspiration in brands like Spanx, Red Bull, and Lululemon.
- Try different ways of making the video shoppable. There are a few things to avoid though
- Have several aspects of your product to show off
- Create a video that doesn’t just sell but informs
- Start with a promotional video, add 2-3 explainer videos, and end with an interview.
- Add a time saver
- Choose the ones you like: do you want a creation tool to help you share content quickly or numerous collection of articles under one single post?Would you rather have a plugin that comes with additional features instead?
- Define your objective
- Identify the best shoppers for your video
- Keep it short and sweet
- Call to action is the key to conversion
- The segment you content based on demographics
- Create a watchable video
- Add unique images
- Show the product being used
- Employ humor
- Infuse some energy into the video
- Place the product front and center in every shot
- Add a Call to Action
- Add a supplemental video
- Test, and retest the design
- Offer a second video
- Put it on your site!
- Use a good balance of copy and images
- Show the product from different angles
- Explain each aspect of the product with words
- Encourage viewer to engage with call-to-action
- First of all, your video needs to be in HD
- Ensure that you have a strong image of the product
- Your video should provide details about the product
- Use different shots of the product
- Lastly, you need to have an engaging soundtrack in your video
- Start with the Conversational Videos
- Choose a Compelling Animator
- Have a Unique Branding
- Use the Shoppable Video Formats
- Test and Evolve
- Video and fashion
- Shoppable video product placement
- Animating your video for shopping
- What to do with the other senses?
- Showcasing your work
- Using animations for visual merchandising
- Adding events to the mix
- Linking the shoppable video to your site
- Use video to move past the FAQ page
- Keep customers coming back for more videos
- Add creative content and interactive elements
- Use landing pages that convert
- Use related videos in your videos
- Create a 1-minute window
- Use action steps
- Give the user control of the video experience
- Test different videos
- The video should work as an ad unit
- The video should have a call to action on the landing page
- The video should be used to introduce the brand and product or service to potential customers
- Incorporate clear calls to action
- Succinctly explain the benefits of using your product
- Have an easily navigable site
- Create a seamless shopping experience
- Attach links to products in the description of your video
- Optimize your feed to make it shoppable
- Work with your vendors to ensure you have the right assets
- Create an eye-catching thumbnail
- Add sound and captions
- Integrate shoppable features in your video
- Have a product page ready
- Add Closed Captioning to your video
- Use product screengrabs & text overlays
- Create a shoppable feed with Pinterest’s Rich Pins feature
- Give the video a clear call to action
- Use text that stands out
- Optimize the thumbnail
- Make sure your audience can see you
- Have a strong brand presence
- Make sure to mention price in the video
- Know what you are selling
- Use YouTube commenting to help build hype and get feedback from potential customers.
- The show, don’t tell
- Sell the lifestyle
- Be authentic
- Make sure you have a call to action
- Know your target audience
- Create a video that builds a desire
- Incorporate video assets into the product page
- Include calls to action in the video
- Stick to the subject
- Don’t have too much going on in your video
- Create a unique story
- Use individual lifestyle videos
- Talk directly to your audience
- Include a call to action
- Keep content short and concise
- Shoot via smartphone
- Create shoppable props
- Incentivize shares through an Instagram contest
- Keep your videos short
- Campaigns and strategy are an essential place to start for success
- Video ad formats provide little flexibility. Create style based on your analytics
- Standard placements in key locations can attract a lot of attention
- Focus on call to actions
- Keep the video short
- Provide clear and concise information
- Trace, verify, and test your links recommendations
- Wherever possible, provide videos that include the products being described or shown
- Make sure all of your videos are easy to find and mobile-friendly
- Match video style with your brand
- Show multiple products uses
- Use Product Videos in Promotions
- Implement interactive video for maximum engagement
- Incorporate video into your existing content
- Add more products to maximize revenue
- Optimize your videos with your product feed
- Your video should be catchy
- Show various angles of a product
- It must compel people to click and shop!
- Make human connections with shoppers
- Use humor as a marketing technique
Video isn’t dead
- Shoppable videos will elevate your content strategy
- Shoppable videos add value to your brand
- Visual merchandising is more important than ever (shoppable videos)
- Creative shout-outs and brand mentions still have value
- Your product video (shoppable or not) can be a powerful call-to-action
Shoppable videos have excellent features video hosting giant YouTube has introduced for video marketers with ease and convenience. With Shoppable videos help, Brands can emphasize some of their offerings better than ever and gain the quantifiable ROI and boost sales. Now is the right time to introduce the Shoppable Videos for your business, enhances your audience, engagement and drive huge sales.