Video content is perfect for reaching out to all generations of people to create direct and emotional connections with the user. As mobile optimized video and voice searches, a huge part of the social media content is consumed over mobile devices. As a part of video marketing strategies, marketers, and brands including Artificial Intelligence, 360-degree videos, AR, and social videos for business promotions. The entertainment industry has been turned to streaming media rather than traditional television. Here are the top Media Trends that will matter most to brands, marketers, businesses in 2021.
Table of Contents
- Different Media Trends Changing the way of Video Content
- New media trends for video content
- Today’s media consumption trends
- 5 new video content trends for the next 2 years
- Trends That Will Affect The Video Content You Make
- New media trends, it’s hard to keep up
- Consume video content will be completely different
- It’s time for a video revolution, in
- Media consumption is changing
- The way people consume video content is changing
- New Media Shaping Our Lives
- The way we consume content is changing
- Trends that will change the way we consume video content
- What are the biggest video trends?
Different Media Trends Changing the way of Video Content
Visual Content is already Taking OFF.
Hike in Television streaming services
Video marketing is not going away.
Use of mobile devices
The potential use of quality long-form content
Social Media content goes viral everywhere.
Growth One to one streaming
Drastic changes and growth in social media
Consumers rely on brand marketing videos.
Consumers rely on relaxed daily life.
Most of the Gen Z and millennials don’t know how to live without video.
Live video is engaging and leads substantial fan followers.
People depend on Internet things.
The younger generation is focusing on long-form content.
People entirely depending on Multiscreen don’t like to stick n TVs
Consumers rely on App Entertainment.
People learning their passions through niche content
Consumers do not like big-budget corporate videos.
More engaging personalized videos
Existence of free web applications
The potential use of 360-degree video content
Mobile will continue to be easy of the essence.
Mobile search content is more trending.
Growth of Instance News Channels
Spike in mobile video marketing
Voice search will be the Norm.
Voice search will trend in digital marketing.
Marketers depend on voice search Optimizations.
More Searchable long-tail keywords
Understanding the mobile-first search
Continuous investments in AR and VR
A data-first approach in video marketing
Integration of more marketing funnel
Advanced developments in Mobile Video Marketing
Maintain the public relations and Data Analytics
Trends in video and there seem to be a few that will dramatically change how we use video content online.
- 8k resolution
- 8kHz audio
- 60fps playback
- 3D and Augmented Reality video
New media trends for video content
- Shoot vertically
- Use hashtags
- Use the @ symbol on your videos
- Say someone’s username in the video
- Save for later (Instagram stories)
Today’s media consumption trends
- The Internet is going mobile
- People are watching less TV
- Attention spans are going down
- Content available is increasing exponentially
5 new video content trends for the next 2 years
- Our attention spans are getting shorter
- Video content isn’t always entertaining
- 3D is very niche
- Subtitles can increase engagement by five times
- You’re probably already using these video trends
Trends That Will Affect The Video Content You Make
- Videos on smartphones are 3x more engaging than any other platform
- If checked out at one social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram story, Twitter, Snapchat), users will watch a video on another platform
- 75% percent of video views are watched without sound
- More than 70% of users will not finish watching a video that is boring or what they’re interested in
New media trends, it’s hard to keep up
- The way we consume video content will change again in 2021
- Sports will become an online-only sport
- Virtual Reality won’t take off until at least 2022
- No one has found a way to monetize live videos yet
Consume video content will be completely different
- Facebook Live video will be popular than what it is now
- Streaming on Instagram
- Snapchat Viewing is going to go up too
- Discontinued: Youtube stars who don’t create consistently
- More Products and services for Content Creators
It’s time for a video revolution, in
- Television Shows
- Web Series/Podcasts
- Events and Conferences
- Live Streamed Entertainment
Media consumption is changing
- Streaming will create a new norm for viewing habits
- Instant gratification will continue to rise
- Short-form video will continue its growth
- Camera and editing quality will continue to improve
- 360-videos are here to stay
The way people consume video content is changing
- When it comes to video, less is more
- Videos under 3 mins drive the most engagement
- Vertical videos are becoming the norm
- Instagram stories are now a priority.
New Media Shaping Our Lives
- Content is diversifying in every dimension, also by devices
- Live Streaming on Facebook, Periscope, and YouNow
- Videos autoplay on Facebook, which impacts organic activity
- YouTube is a strong influencer of purchase decisions
- Live video is coming to Instagram soon. We’ve just started!
The way we consume content is changing
- Larger Screens are the New Status Symbol
- Focus on Short-Form Content to Reach More People
- Video Marketing Creates Buzz
Trends that will change the way we consume video content
- Longer ads
- Branded hashtags
- Personalized messages
- Human faces in ads, not models and celebrities
- Facebook’s mid-roll change!
These are some of the trends that are shaping the video content consumption landscape.
- (Micro) Personality based Content
- Video Apps consuming more screen time
- Audience Engagement Index
- Where brands can be and how they’ll get there
What are the biggest video trends?
- More vertical video consumption
- Focus on shorter, faster clip content
- Vloggers are being replaced by influencers
We are now consuming more content through mobile devices
- The number of minutes we spend on our smartphones has doubled since 2012
- Uptake of over-the-top streaming services is growing rapidly
- The way we watch video is changing, with more people watching ad breaks in back-to-back episodes rather than pausing it to make dinner
- Advertisers are spending more and more on online content
Brace yourself, and this is going to change the way you watch content in 2022
- Live video streaming will be everywhere.
- 360-degree video is going to be huge.
- Voice commands will dominate searches on YouTube
- Storytelling and user involvement will get more refined as VR takes off
The various digital transformation is happening in the Entertainment and media business that mostly focuses on marketing and money. The future of media streaming and consumption results in behavioral changes in living rooms. It is essential to know the consumer needs and follow the Media Trends that are changing the digital world.