Facebook is going to start ranking videos in the newsfeed by how long people watch them. This change will be rolled out over the next few months, so it doesn’t affect video marketers right now. But if you’re a business owner, this might be something to keep an eye on or consider when promoting your content.
Facebook video watch time is an important metric for marketers to monitor. It gives a better indication of how successful your marketing campaign has been on Facebook than just the number of views or likes. In this blog post, I will share some tips that you can use to increase the length of time people spend watching your videos on Facebook.
The Facebook News Feed algorithm has been updated to prioritize videos, so what will you do about it? I have compiled the top five tips that will help your video get more views!
Table of Contents
What is Facebook Video Watch Time?
Facebook Video Watch Time is the average amount of time that people spend watching videos on Facebook. It’s a metric that Facebook uses to measure how engaging and exciting their content is.
Facebook Video Watch Time is the average amount of time people spend watching videos on Facebook. It’s a way to show how engaging your video content is, which helps you earn more money from ads.
Facebook Video Watch Time is the average amount of time people spend watching videos on Facebook. It’s a way to measure how engaging your video content is and see how it compares against similar content from other publishers.
One of the first things you should know about Facebook Video Watch Time is that it’s not a standalone metric. It’s based on views and takes into account click-based metrics such as duration and completion rates for videos.
Video watch time is a metric that represents the total minute’s users spend watching.
- Make sure your video is short and to the point
- Include a call-to-action at the end of your video, such as “Share this with friends!
- Add an interesting background sound effect to grab people’s attention
- Add subtitles in different languages so that you can reach out to an even wider audience
- Upload your video to Facebook and share it with friends
- Create an event on Facebook for people who want to watch your video together
- Share your video link on other social media networks like Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat
- Include a shocking or engaging moment in the first few seconds of the video
- Use humor to get people’s attention
- Share your video with friends and family before posting it on social media
- Make sure your video is short and sweet
- Include a solid call to action at the end of the video
- Add music or sound effects to make it more engaging
- Use high quality, original content
- Share with friends and family members first before posting on Facebook
- Make sure your video is less than 5 minutes long
- Create a good title for the video that will capture people’s attention
- Include text on top of the video to let viewers know what they’re about to watch
- Place clickable links in the description, such as where they can find more videos like this one or other information related to it
- Post on Facebook at different times during the day and week, so you reach a wider audience
The dos and don’ts of uploading videos to Facebook
- Do upload videos in HD quality
- Don’t upload videos that are too long or have poor sound quality
- Do use Facebook Live to connect with your audience and share behind-the-scenes moments
- Don’t forget to tag the people you’re filming so they can see it, like, comment, and share
- Do upload videos you know your audience will enjoy
- Don’t post videos that are too long or have poor quality
- Do make sure the video is relevant to your business and has a clear call-to-action at the end of it
- Don’t forget to put captions on videos with sound so people who can’t hear the audio can still understand what’s going on in them
- Do upload videos that are of good quality
- Don’t upload videos with copyrighted music or images in the background
- Do use a clear and concise title for your video, so people know what it is about before they click on it
- Don’t include too many tags, as this will make your post look spammy
- Do upload videos that are between one and two minutes long
- Don’t upload videos with nudity or violence in them
- Do use a consistent schedule for uploading new content to Facebook
- Don’t post the same video content multiple times
- Do make sure you have a Facebook page set up for your business
- Don’t upload videos that are too long or complicated to watch
- Do post videos regularly to keep your followers engaged
- Don’t use the default thumbnail- it’s not engaging enough
- Do choose a call-to-action button at the end of every video, so people know what they’re supposed to do after watching
What you need to know about copyrighting your videos
If you have content on YouTube that you don’t want anyone else to use, then copyrighting is best to protect your assets. Copyrighting a video means preventing others from stealing or using it without permission.
If you are looking to earn money from YouTube videos, the chances are that you’ll need to copyright the material. This is not as hard as it sounds, and this article will tell you how.
For all you YouTube and video makers out there, if you want to protect your work from anyone stealing it or copying it for their own benefit.
Ways to Increase Views and Engagement for Facebook Videos
- Make sure your video is engaging
- Use Facebook Live to promote your videos
- Add a call to action in the video description, like ‘comment below’ or ‘tag someone who would love this!’
- Use a catchy title
- Create a thumbnail that is eye-catching and represents the video well
- Include an intro text that introduces the video’s content and what viewers can expect to see
- Make sure your videos are short and concise, with a clear call to action at the end
- Encourage people to share their thoughts in the comments section
- Use a call to action in the first 10 seconds of your video
- Promote your videos on other social media platforms, like Twitter and Instagram
- Add an annotation linking back to your Facebook page or website at the end of each video
- Create content that is relevant to different groups within your audience- for example, if you’re targeting mothers, create content about parenting topics
- Post every day with new content and keep people engaged by asking questions in posts
- Make your video exciting and engaging- not just a talking head
- Upload the video in HD, with clear audio
- Add subtitles to your videos if you speak another language (especially important for viewers who don’t understand English)
- Use Facebook’s live feature to stream events or behind-the-scenes footage from your company
- Create a Facebook group where people can discuss topics related to their industry or interests
- Use a compelling thumbnail
- Include an engaging title that will make people want to click on it
- Make sure your Facebook page is set up correctly with the right categories and tags
- Upload videos at the right length for social media, which is usually between 15 seconds and 2 minutes long
- Write an engaging title for the video
- Include text in your video that is entertaining or informative but not too long
- Add visuals to your videos using appropriate graphics and images
- Make sure you have good sound quality- use a microphone if necessary
- Upload your video to YouTube and embed it on Facebook
- Use a thumbnail that is eye-catching and grabs the viewer’s attention
- Add text overlay with important information about the video, like what they’ll learn from watching or how long it will take them to watch
- Include subtitles so non-native speakers can follow along in their language
- Share your video on Facebook
- Reach out to influencers and ask them to share it with their followers
- Post the video in groups that are relevant to you and your target audience
- Use hashtags for increased visibility
- Create a compelling thumbnail image for the video
- Use a catchy and enticing title
- Include an interesting thumbnail image to grab people’s attention
- Upload the video in HD quality
- Add closed captions and subtitles for accessibility purposes
- Share your videos on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine, Snapchat– anywhere you can find an audience!
- Upload a title that is descriptive and engaging
- Include relevant hashtags in the description of your video
- Use high-quality images to promote your video on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
- Promote your videos through paid advertisements on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
Facebook video watch time has increased 55% year-over-year. We know that the public is hungry for more live content, and we can help you create a successful strategy to meet this demand on your social media channels. If you’re looking for help in making your videos stand out or if you want to learn how our team of experts can provide consulting services around developing an effective SEO plan tailored specifically for your brand, contact us today!