Disney Plus is a streaming platform from the hub of Disney’s biggest franchise and is not a general entertainment streaming platform. Disney+ is giving challenges to the big streaming channels since the launch. Disney plus entered with good start-up and right tools with offendable pricing. Let’s find out how Disney is challenging to streaming giants via Disney Plus Statistics and Facts.
Disney Plus Statistics and Facts
- Disney+ app has launched in the UK and other European nations on 24 March 2020.
- Disney plus announced that it reached 28.6 million since launch.
- Because of the high demand for Disney+ consumer market planned to launch 25% in the market by 24 March 2020.
- The monthly membership cost for Disney+ is £5.99.
- £59.99 is the annual subscription charges for Disney+ channel.
- More than 10 million sign-ups for Disney+ in a short period.
- Disney offered a promotional offer and discounts a bundle of Hulu, Disney+, and EPSN+ as $12.99 per month.
- Walt Disney had acquired a report 21 century Fox Inc. in $ 71 billion.
- $6.99 per month is the subscription charge in the US.
- Over 30 million downloads for Disney+ in the US that is more than Hulu and Amazon.
- Disney+ app immediately grabbed 34% more on SVOD downloads after the launch of this ott platform.
- Disney+ CEO told that more than half of the Subscribers come from the US.
- Disney experts reveal that the new subscribers coming from the European countries and next from India.
- The Subscriber’s growth of Disney + increased all its overall earnings.
- $69.99 is the annual subscription charges for Disney+ in the US.
- $28.6 billion total revenue projected for Disney streaming channels.
- Disney direct to consumer division stated that they saw the growth rate of $0.9 billion to $4 billion in the first quarter.
- Christine McCarthy, the chief financial officer of Disney, notes that the majority of the growth comes from International Subscriber.
- Disney+ has made a good potion for Netflix over the total subscriber’s base.
- Disney recorded on gaining subscribers by its two more streaming services, such as ESPN+ and Hulu.
- Disney estimated that it would earn between 60 to 90millon subscribers by the end of 2024.
- Disney studious saw big grossing titles for “Frozen 2” and “Star Wars: The rise of Starwalkers” collectively earn revenue as $2.5 billion.
- The Disney Studious revenue increased from $1.8 billion to $3.8 billion in the first quarter.
- Disney Plus is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, and the Netherlands. It is coming to the other European countries an India by 2020.
- Over 28.6 million subscribers for Disney+ streaming channel for less than three months.
- The app has reached 41 million installs across the Google play store and App Store Globally.
- $97.2 million revenue is the estimated consumer spending for Disney+.
- The revenue figures are going strong, and it has generated $43.9 million in the first 30 days.
- $81.5 million is the estimated revenue for the early 60 days in the US.
- As per the reports from Disney, over 50% of the Subscribers Signed Up from the main Disney+ website.
Disney plus recommends shows based on consumer activity and supports multiple user profiles at a time. It makes it easy to find out UHD content with a separate section. We can thank Disney for an exclusive franchise and offering 4K streaming at affordable prices. The above Disney Plus Statistics and Facts reveal it’s strong subscriber count and revenue figures.