Table of Contents
What is A/B Testing for Videos?
There is a huge competition in online video marketing. Marketers are going with various marketing strategies to promote their businesses. In these competitive worlds, the comparison is significant to get the perfect outcome from your efforts.
By comparing with the other strategies, you can get to know your weak points as well as the strong points you can go with your strategic plan. So, here A/B testing is beneficial to the marketers to know where they stood in this competitive world.
A/B testing is referred as the split testing in which an experiment will be carried between the two different videos or strategies to analyse the negatives and positive outcomes from the result.
Need for A/B testing
• Marketers can segment the audience basing on various factors like interests, demographics, etc. with A/B testing.
• They can also utilize this A/B testing to create a new strategy that can fetch good conversion rates.
• Marketers can run the video in the assignment that is specified for the establishment of the test groups on checking the genuine conversion or traffic.
• They can also know about the key performance indicators.
• They can compare the things basing on different factors and get the best and important things to follow in their marketing.
Planning A/B testing
Many software tools are available online for digital marketing. The primary thing you need to focus while preparing for the A/B testing is to know what exactly you need. Consider the things like whether you are conducting some on-site or off-site testing.
If you are going with the on-site testing then what exactly you need and what are important sales related things to your site or your videos. If you consider testing your video strategy or videos, you need to test according to that are required for your requirement.
A/B testing for videos
If you are planning to test a video for the social media campaign, then you need to split the video for your social media campaigns you have planned to do.
What to test for A/B?
Some things can make a difference in A/B testing. There are many important factors like image, text post, landing pages, placements and other headlines, etc. There are various things you need to consider like thumbnails, colours, call to actions, etc. lets us discuss in detail.
If you not plan an auto-play video, it will surely display a thumbnail. The thumbnail will provide the viewers with an idea about your content. Thumbnail is the first impression that every viewer will have on your video. It can fetch a significant impact on people who choose to watch the video. So, test the thumbnails and its features that most successful videos had utilized.
colors you use in the video also impact more on your video. A good color scheme can provide a professional look at the video. So, test the colors as one of the important factors in A/B testing. So, consider the color as one of the best factors that can influence the viewer’s perception.
Call to actions
Compare the call to actions on the video. A good call to action can reveal about the next step of your viewer. It depends upon the wording and minimizes the sense of obligations and as well as describes the action dynamically. So, compare and get the best way to implement on your video.
Titles, Intro, length, location
Video title plays an important role in your video success. So, they are one of the most fundamental factors. Consider the type of titles used by the videos, location of the video positioned and the total length along with the introduction. These factors play a key role in A/B testing.
Finally, go on with testing the videos by utilizing these above factors as main which can help you to succeed.
A/B testing is crucial for video marketing. Using this tool, marketers can test a number of videos at a time and decide what works best for their strategy. A/B testing also helps to increase traffic. Here are few A/B tests to carry out to make sure that right video marketing strategy is used.
50 Simple A/B Tests Video Marketing Strategies
1. Trying different titles for the video is helpful to determine which title attracts the audience.
2. The title can be specific or generic.
3. Thumbnail captures the attention of the viewers. Try different thumbnails for the video and measure the effect.
4. A/B test with the automatically generated thumbnail and the one created by you.
5. Add text to thumbnail or have a close up of the product and see what difference it makes.
6. When having the video on the webpage try positioning it in different places.
7. Test the conversion rate by changing the length of the video.
8. Make two different types of introduction videos and find which of them amuse the audience.
9. Another crucial A/B test is to check whether to opt auto play mode or manual video play mode.
10. Try two different styles such as animation style and live video and see which works better.
11. To check which platforms assures maximum viewership try uploading the video on YouTube and also self-host it.
12. Using A/B testing try two videos with different voice overs, colors and music.
13. Another A/ test for video is to change the metadata and see how the viewers react.
14. Try testing the video on the landing page as well as on the website.
15. Try different colors, text, size and font for the text in the video.
16. Different call to actions can be tested
17. Try different places for the call to actions.
18. Test different offers.
19. Run the A/B tests for longer to get more confidence.
20. Do not stops monitoring the performance and continue to try A/B testing.
21. Some seasonal periods may bring changes to the performance of the video and so it is necessary to test at the right time.
22. Track the key performance indicators.
23. Try calls to action with different words.
24. Also, change the colors of the calls to actions and A/B test them.
25. Try different sizes of buttons for the calls to action.
26. A/B test the calls to actions by using pop-outs or placing a link.
27. Try different emotions for the tone of the video and see how it is affecting the conversion rate
28. A/B test long and short landing page copy
29. The font size on the landing page copy is another thing to A/B test.
30. Use different headline copies.
31. Try using different images on the landing page and check the conversion rate
32. Use professional images and also causal images and see the difference in response.
33. The fonts used on the landing page are also important.
34. Test the sale of the product by offering free delivery and charged delivery in different videos.
35. Try to promote a product or service with video informing about different offers and discounts.
36. Try relocating un necessary information
37. A/B test which graphics and color schemes are attracting the viewers more.
38. A/B test whether to use music or commentary in the video.
39. Find which type of video content is helping to make the video go viral
40. Experiment with different customer testimonials
41. Try including sales videos as well as informational videos and see which of them are more effective.
42. For Facebook video marketing strategy, use two videos to the same target group and test the percentage of views.
43. Try auto play mode and manual play mode for the videos uploaded to Facebook and see the impact.
44. For Twitter video marketing strategy, the A/B testing is similar to that of Facebook but the video length should not be more than 30 seconds.
45. The limit of video length for Instagram marketing is fifteen seconds and test two versions of videos of this length and choose the best performing one.
46. A/B test the YouTube videos by showing two types of ads.
47. Also A/B test a landing page with or without a video and see the conversion rate.
48. Have your video with and without subtitles and see what difference it makes.
49. Test the views rate and conversion rate with giving different offers to the video viewers.
50. Include sales copy or the product description in the email video marketing and test.
A/B testing is not a one-day affair. It has to be continued for few weeks based on the traffic one gets. It is worth continuing the test as this gives an opportunity to figure out the best marketing strategy for your business.