YouTube is one of the most used sited on internet. It gets billions of views every day. YouTube for Educational Purpose plays a significant role in education, also as professionals. Educators and students share their education-related content on this platform.
Table of Contents
Ways to Use YouTube for Educational Purpose
1. Show the students the clips from news stories and encourage the students to share their thoughts and opinions.
2. Search for clips on YouTube that generate topical discussion.
3. High quality educational videos are available for YouTube audience and these are short, entertaining and educational.
4. In literature classes, the videos of poets reading their works can be shown to the students.
5. Look for documentaries created by channel such as BBC and show them to students to provide context to topic.
6. Log onto YouTubeEdu that contains videos created for education purpose.
7. Create playlists to plan the future lessons.
8. YouTube clips can be shown to children who love learning things with visual content.
9. A homework task can be given to the students by sharing the URL of a particular video and ask them to research it debate on it.
10. Teachers can create a YouTube channel and create learning videos to explain topics simply.
11. Students can watch the YouTube videos on different topics are prepare a list of questions that they want to ask their teacher in the class room the next day.
12. Teachers can ask the students to watch a video and create quizzes based on the video.
13. Create videos and share the links with other schools.
14. Schools can have their own YouTube channels and share the work of their students.
15. Schools reputation can be enhanced by having videos on their own YouTube channel depicting the events in their schools etc.
16. Students can discover videos to learn basic concepts to difficult experiments.
17. YouTube videos can bring scientists into the class room and help the student learn better.
18. Teaching students with YouTube videos is more effective as these videos engage them more.
19. Do not allow students to access YouTube without guidance.
20. Help the students with the most relevant video based on video description.
21. Videos created for only targeted users such as school community can be uploaded with privacy setting.
22. YouTubeEdu is a section that can be used freely in the classroom.
23. There are many great tutorials, experiment and illustration on YouTube
24. Using YouTube videos in science and math classrooms will help to display charts and graphs.
25. Many big institutions are uploading course related videos that can be accessed for free.
26. Educational institutions are using YouTube to promote their message.
27. Schools can host their videos on YouTube and use it for local advertising.
28. Online presence of schools will give a big boost to them.
29. Many universities and schools are uploading weekly and monthly newsletters.
30. Important announcements are also being made with YouTube videos.
31. Schools can create teacher training videos and upload them on YouTube.
33. YouTube videos for education can be re watches as many times as possible.
34. Use the YouTube channel to create online community and use it for social learning.
35. YouTube videos can be watched on mobile and tablets also.
36. Whatever the screen site, this platform can be accessed for learning.
37. Note taking is important for students and they can view, rewind and replay the videos to take notes.
38. YouTube can be used to learn thing in the class and also out of the class.
39. Students can make video of what they have learned and upload it to YouTube.
40. YouTube is beneficial for educators also to reach a range of students.
41. Videos are best option for creating digital classroom.
42. Education videos are better for offering lesson to students with special needs.
43. Add subtitles and transcripts for students with special needs.
44. Some students learn better with visual content.
45. Videos lead to greater classroom connectivity.
46. Schools can use the YouTube videos to show the children notable sites around the world.
47. Pre recoded lectures and assignments help the students who were absent.
48. Students can take advantage of rich bounty of educational lectures from prestigious institutions.
49. YouTube also has invalid content and children should be denied to access this.
50. Elders should help the children to use YouTube as unique tools with great resources for education purpose.
YouTube has many benefits for students and teachers. It encourages digital learning. Children are now growing with video lessons as schools are incorporating videos in their syllabus to teach children.
These are the ways and ideas use YouTube for Educational Purpose.
10 of the Best Education YouTube Channels Every Student Should Follow
It is not hard to find good education channels online. There are large numbers of lectures relates to different subjects readily available on YouTube.
Are the Education YouTube channels popular?
Yes, it proved that the education channels on YouTube are watched at least twice more than other videos on this platform. Almost all top universities in the world have their channels on YouTube. You can search the videos based on categories and subcategories.
1. The University of California in Berkley is a top-rated university in the United States of America. Academic lectures of around 300 hours are available on this channel. It also offers university courses that everyone can watch for free.
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology located in Cambridge, and this is a private research university. Classroom video lectures from professors and the exciting news about the school can see on this channel.
3. FOR A.tv is another educational channel on YouTube that provides content related to social issues, politics, and economics. The videos on this channel are around five minutes, and these can be watched easily as work breaks.
4. UCTelevision is the YouTube channel of the University of California. We can find videos of lectures by UC professors and also guest speakers.
5. Hoopla Kidz is an educational YouTube channel for kids. Nursery rhymes with colorful animation can found here.
6. Sesame Street is another kid’s channel that offers the show for children, and the videos here are engaging, entertaining and educational.
7. Those who want to learn English online can subscribe to Speak English with the Misterduncan channel. We can learn to speak English naturally here.
8. Jennifer is another channel on YouTube for learning English. We can find videos that teach grammar, writing, and vocabulary.
9. The Spanish Blog is a favorite YouTube channel that features native Spanish speaking tutors and offers Spanish lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
10. Book.TV videos offer tips to improve writing skills and learn from the interviews of authors, book fairs, and much more.
Ways to Use YouTube for Educational Purpose and Ideas
- Partner with youtube content creators
- Find educational channels
- Use playlists to organize videos of interest
- Use YouTube to watch your favorite educational channels
- Use YouTube to listen to educational podcasts
- Share your own videos on YouTube
- Watch YouTube tutorials of DIY crafts, cooking, and gaming
- Make promises and keep them!
- Use of YouTube to improve communication between students and teachers
- Encourage collaborative learning using videos
- Using video to enhance class discussions
- Incorporate videos into lectures for offline use
- The use of short documentaries in history and science courses
- Make a playlist for your family
- Use YouTube tools
- Provide context for the students
- Use educational channels
- Have your child watch
- Do videos that interest your child
- Make an interest-based playlist
- Let students post their own questions
- Show them how someone else has done it
- Encourage them to look for resources online
- Link to educational videos from homepages and on student pages
- Create videos that focus on current events
- List ten things to do this month
- Do a product review or comparison video
- Teach your viewers something new
- Watch videos for inspiration
- Go Behind the Scenes and make your video
- Create a video remix with other people’s videos
- Make lesson plans and give free tutorials
- Search for how-to videos
- Subscribe to YouTubers (Influencers)
- Use educational hashtags (K-12, library media specialist)
- Create a video library to share with the class
- Play games and learn at the same time
- Record how-to videos for yourself and your students
- Share videos that you like with your colleagues
- Comment on videos from other teachers
- Use quotes in your title
- Post videos of you doing something related to the topic
- Get free audiobooks, videos and other helpful resources from websites
- Use YouTube to teach other
- Making a video of your work
- Real-life examples
- Collecting useful links
- Distributing information about a new topic
- Telling people what to lookup
- Having a video conference for tutoring sessions
- Create a motivational video
- Make a video on how to study
- Teach students what’s needed
- Use Google hangout or skype
- Add text onto the screen
- Add photographs onto the screen
- Make a video list
- Let the students create a video of their own
- Use short clips from documentaries
- Use interviews with people from the same field
Learning through videos is very active. The lectures are made creative with humor touch. It is thus a good idea to go to YouTube and subscribe to these channels to get new knowledge.