Cord cutting is referred to as stopping the costly cable subscriptions and switching to the internet or any other clients for television channels.
Table of Contents
Introduction to cord cutting
Cord cutting is a way of watching your television without a cable wire, which means cordless. People can watch the television using the internet and other services to watch TV. Many other services are available for people to watch the television on different devices without any cable wires. Drastic effect on the cable providers.
Previously Cable TV is an ultimate entertainment to the people across the globe. But people are searching for useful and trending content. Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are some of the other cordless television providers who hit the heads of cable providers today.
Significance of Cable Cord Cutting
- The first most advantage of cable cord-cutting is saving the money without sacrificing your favourite television shows.
- There are different streaming services and devices in the present market offering good services to the people which are comparatively cost effective than the cable providers.
- So you can save a lot of money by cutting the cable cords.
- The streaming devices provide you with the latest information about the must-see shows instantly when connected to the internet.
- There will be many options with the streaming devices where you can also access the new movies and premium content within the device.
- All options are very cheaper than cable television when compared to the market prices.
Disadvantages of Cord Cutting
- The first disadvantage of cutting your cable cord is losing access to the live events, news live streaming etc.
- The users cannot be able to watch the other live sports events and games across streaming devices.
- Only national games can be covered in the streaming sticks as they can be available for free of cost across the web.
- There will be some delay of watching the television series if you are a dedicated follower of some series.
- If you are a hardcore follower of television series of episodes, then it is really a great challenge to them to wait for the next episode which is really difficult.
- There will be some cable locked channels like HBO which you cannot access all the things as it limits access.
20 Amazing Facts and Figures of Cord Cutting
From many years cable TV networks are providing good quality content through their networks. Now it’s become expensive when you go for consumer choice. Curd Cutting is the Process of removing the expensive Cable TV networks, moving to OTT networks or low-cost networks.
Now let’s take advantage of many streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime. Each service has their plans for the consumer choice with the least amount of cost.
- According to eMorketer, nearly 25% of US households will be Cord-cutters by 2022.
- Over 39.3 million cord-cutters occur only in the US.
- Nearly 25 to 34 aged people access TV content through the Internet.
- More than 90% of young people prefer to watch internet TV globally.
- The biggest TV provider Comcast reached 22.1 million subscribers.
- Marketers predict that several cord-cutters will reach 55.1 million by 2022.
- As per CNBC study, over 57% of the cord-cutters have already used some streaming platforms.
- 64.5% of the digital video viewers in the US watch Netflix by eMarketers survey.
- 15.25 of the Global population already cut the cord and depending on internet TV services.
- More than 87% of the cord-cutters because the cable is too expensive.
- Around 35 million Americans never used the Cable TV.
- A paid cable subscription is declined 3.4% year by year.
- One our of three Americans do not use cable TV.
- More than 25% of people use sports content online.
- Over 130+ OTT streaming services exist in the market.
- Only 18% of the cord user make buying decisions by advertisements.
- 73% of US consumers watch the BINGE television series.
- Almost 2.5 million Canadians cut their TV subscriptions between 2012- 2020.
- Cord cutting is nothing but replacing the Pay TV with the over the top streaming media services
- People are adopted towards the online video streaming services and leaving the Pay TV
Advantages of Cord Cutting
- It Saves you Money
- TV programming changes quickly, Cord Cutters Are in Control
- Packages Sometimes Over Charge For The Wrong Content
- Quality Of TV Features Improve With Streaming Services
- Cutting the Cord is Cheaper
- Get rid of the Cable Guy
- Exclusive Content
- Re-watch everything
- Live Events On The Go
- Get access to content you can’t watch on cable
- Enjoy more convenience in your life
- Multi-room and streaming capabilities
- Unique content
- Cutting the cord means cutting the cost
- Unlimited TV
- No cancellation fees
- Commercial free TV
- Cheap entertainment
- Easy to do
- Cheaper than cable
- Better customer service
- Cord-cutting will save you money
- You can watch live TV online
- Time is valuable – cord-cutting will save time
- Highly customizable cable packages
- Cord-cutting saves the environment
- Get rid of high-priced subscription TV and pay only for the programs you want to watch
- Lower payments
- Cancel unwanted subscriptions online to save even more! Get a year’s worth of savings in month one.
- The ability to watch live sports
- Have a Netflix account
- More control over your entertainment budget
- You don’t have to pay for cable TV
- The same shows available online includes new and past seasons
- Enjoy a more excellent selection of shows
- Enjoy more on-demand shows
- Receive a smaller cable bill
- Save the environment
- Cancel Anytime
- No Blackouts
- Can Watch TV Anywhere
- Browse Channels and Movies On Demand
Learn about the different ways that you can watch your favorite shows online without a traditional cable subscription.
Going cord cut is not a financial burden; it’s an opportunity to save money while still watching the programs you enjoy.
Cord-cutting doesn’t have many drawbacks.
Cord-cutting has risen as consumers have become more conscious about their utility spends.
Cord-cutting is easier and worth your time and money.
Cut the cord on cable and see your money grow.
This article introducing amazing benefits and plan like cord-cutting process. We have given 20 amazing facts and figures about Curd cutting, how to do it and implementation process. Let’s check it and taste the best features of new streaming services.