VLC media player is one of the most well-known media players across the web. Some of us don’t know about various tricks and tips related to the VLC media player. Here are some exciting tips and tricks to know about VLC.
Table of Contents
1. File conversion
Just go to start menu and select media and then convert or save option. By adding a file and clicking on the save or convert option you can select the codec.
2. Online video playing and downloading
Go to Media option and select Open network stream and click on the network tab. Enter the video URL and click on the play button. In order to save the same, you have to play and choose convert option.
3. Recording playback
You can record currently playing file by using the shortcut keys CMD+ALT+R
4. Desktop recording
Record a video on your desktop by going to media option and select the convert/save and then go to the capture device option and select the desktop option in capture mode. Click on convert and save and select your codec and click start and to stop click stop option.
5. Screenshot of current screen
You can do some inception trick by pressing CTRL+N and type Screen:// in the window opened and just click on to the play button to watch an inception trick.
6. Automatic Shutdown
Open the notepad and write the code as START \WATCH:\” Program files”\videoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe %1vlc://quit shutdown –s –t 60. After this, you can save the feel with.BAT extension.
7. Adding supportive mouse gestures
Navigate towards view and add interface and click on the “Mouse gesture” tab and have a look on different mouse gestures.
8. Video chat record
Go to navigate media and open the capture device option and on the capture device screen, select audio and video device like a microphone on the system. Adjust the brightness and saturation etc. choose the destination for the file to save.
9. Internet radio on VLC
Open the playlist tab and at the top left side you can find internet radio services. Click on the given collections and load the albums and start listening for free of cost.
If the video is playing in any other language or if we need to see the subtitles to understand in a better way then this VLC media player has an option of subtitle track from the video key on the top of the player.
Top VLC Media Player Tips And Tricks
- Use the keyboard shortcuts to control playback
- Add subtitles and captions to videos
- Play a video in reverse, or at any speed you want
- Search for subtitles online and add them to your videos with VLC’s built-in subtitle downloader
- Convert audio formats from one type to another using VLC’s built-in transcoder
- Use the “Play” button to toggle between playing and pausing
- Put a checkmark in the box next to “Show OSD (On-Screen Display)” for subtitles
- Click on the video’s time code that appears in your VLC Media Player’s lower-left corner to jump to any point of interest, including chapters or specific seconds
- Pressing ‘Ctrl’+’S’ will save your video, while pressing ‘Ctrl’+’F5’ will take you back 5 seconds
- Use the media player to stream videos from your computer to a TV
- Create playlists for different moods or activities, such as workouts or cooking
- Play DVD’s without any additional software using VLC Player’s “Open Disc” option
- Convert audio files into various formats by right-clicking on them and selecting “Convert/Save As.”
- Use subtitles to improve your understanding of a foreign language movie
- Play a DVD on VLC Media Player by inserting it into your computer’s disc drive and selecting Open Disc from the File menu
- Add subtitles to videos that don’t have them, or change their font, size, color, and more with the Subtitle Edit plugin for VLC Media Player
- Record what you see on your screen using VLC Media Player’s Screen Recorder feature
- Enable subtitles
- Play the video in full-screen mode
- Increase playback speed to 1x, 2x, or 3x the average rate
- Use VLC’s audio equalizer to adjust sound levels for each of your speakers
- Add a subtitle track by clicking on the “Subtitles/CC” tab and selecting “Add Subtitles” from the drop-down menu
- Use keyboard shortcuts for quick navigation
- Use the time bar to scrub through videos
- Use the mouse wheel to scroll forward and backward in a video
- Press ‘Esc’ to get rid of any on-screen menus or dialog boxes that are blocking your view of the video
- Right-click on any playlist item and select “Play” from the pop-up menu for quick access to playing just one track, album, artist, genre, etc
- Use the “Play” button to play a video from your computer
- Click on the arrow in the top left corner of a video window to go back or forward 10 seconds
- Hold down Shift and click on a video’s thumbnail to open it up in the full-screen mode
- Click on the speaker icon next to an audio file, then drag it onto a different timeline at any point during playback for seamless transitions between songs
- Play a video and press “s” on the keyboard to toggle subtitles
- Press “h” to see all of your open windows at once
- Press “c” to change the size of the player window
- Hold down shift and use your arrow keys for slow-motion playback
- Use the File menu to open a file
- Use the Media menu to add subtitles and audio tracks
- Press “F9” on your keyboard to toggle full-screen mode
- Hold down “Shift” and press “Play/Pause” for fast-forwarding or rewinding the video
- Click on an item in the playlist, then click on another item, then click play at any time to create a crossfade between two videos
The above article will lead you get to know more information about VLC Media Player. Here are some impotent tips and tricks guide to use VLC Media Player.