We are in the world of virtual reality, and the VR headsets are buzzing across the web. Advertisers and marketers are also targeting the VR ads for the virtual reality lovers. The VR headsets can deliver the audience with an immersive experience, and a VR Ad can make the audience or viewers at the centre of storytelling.
When comes to purchase of VR Headsets, the first question that has risen in your mind is whether it is a mobile or tethered. The modern headsets will fit into both categories.
A Mobile VR headset comes with lenses in which you place on the smartphone. These lenses can separate the screen from two images to the viewer.
The mobile headsets like Samsung Gear VR etc comes under inexpensive price range below $100. There is no need for connecting wires to your VR headset. They work only on some mobile phones because every phone was not designed to support the VR. So the quality might miss out.
When comes to tethered headsets like HTC Vive, Play station VR are connected physically to the PC. The utilisation of the dedicated display in the headset can use the external camera tracker as well as improve the quality of the image fidelity and head tracking.
The VR headsets are powered by technology which can provide a great experience in watching the virtual reality. There are different ranges of VR headsets that are available in the market. Let us have a look at some best VR headsets and their specifications.
Table of Contents
Sony Play Station VR
• Sony Play station VR can deliver the high-level Virtual reality headset.
• The headsets offer immersive viewing experience comfortable with high-end features with good screen resolution.
• It is compatible with the current model consoles.
• The sports field view is 100 degrees and the nine percent narrow. The general average field view is 110 degrees.
• The refresh rate at an average is 62 percent faster.
• It has position tracking feature which enables the relative location. The headset tracks the movement in the 3D space was divided as rotational and translational.
• Its price range from $399 inexpensive VR headset category.
• Up to 18ms Latency and 120 Hz refresh rate
• Stylish design and enables online multiplayer and local multiplayer mode with ease.
• The camera and the move controllers were not included and PS4 hardware limits
• Uncomfortable button placement for move controllers.
• The HTC Vive is built up with the room-scale Virtual Reality that allows the physical move around the objects in the virtual reality space.
• It comes with an adjustable headset and the multiple eye relief that adjusts the lens at a distance and make it vivid and comfortable to look.
• The wireless controllers are designed especially for the VR interactions.
• It is very convenient to use.
• It costs $800
• 2400X1080 resolution
• Positional tracking at room-scale
• Best for VR major gaming platform.
• Very expensive and the positional trackers requires more space.
• Requires high-end PC with GPU.
• Most comfortable and easy to wear headset comes with a motion sensor and wireless Xbox.
• The specifications are closer to the HTC vive in terms of the pole and graphical complexity.
• It offers 1080X1200 resolution in OLED screens
• It costs $600
• It is compatible with all the games and best for the independent gaming developers.
• 2160X1200 resolution with FOV 110 degrees
• Positional tracking
• Massive gaming library
• Require high-end PC.
• Touch controllers are not there.
• Motion at extra degree causes motion sickness to the viewer.
Samsung Gear VR
• It supports all Samsung Galaxy series phones.
• It has android compatible Bluetooth controller.
• The new Gear VR has a USB connector and Auxiliary USB port for device charging.
• Guaranteed 2560X1440 resolution
• Price $96
• 2560X1440 resolution at 101-degree FOV
• Onboard controls
• Easy menu navigation
• Low price
• Works with Samsung Galaxy S6 and later versions only.
• Lacks positional tracking
• No gamepad
Google Daydream View
• High-end Cardboard VR experience
• Small motion tracked controller
• Best graphical processor screen.
• Optical lens field view was 90 degrees and works differently on different phone screens.
• Lightweight and comfortable
• Gesture controller with trackpad
• Low price, can be available at $79
• Light comes into screen
• Limited game library
Freefly VR Headset
Freefly headset offers best field view with an immersive experience in virtual reality space.
• 120-degree field view which is the best of all other VR headsets offers in field view.
• Light in weight just weights 18 ounces.
• It comes with glide VR controller
• Little bit hotter while working
• No, adjust options for distance between the lens
• It costs $85
Zeiss VR Headset
• Best quality and comfortable to use. The new trays can be printed in 3D
• Impressive VR headset can be compatible with different smartphones.
• Lacks onboard controls limits its utilization.
• Lack of magnetic button for the cardboard.
• Expensive as it costs around $770
Homido VR Headset
• Compatible with iPhone and Android mobile devices
• Immersive gaming experience .it works across more than 300 different type of mobile devices.
• Custom designed VR lenses with 100 FOV
• Good quality lenses
• Best to focus on image
• Good field view
• Comfortable but not that much comparatively with the competitors like Freefly, Samsung Gear VR etc.
• Not easy to mount and dismount
• It was something like similar to the Samsung Gear VR
• Comes at an affordable price $99
• Compatible with iOS and as well as with the Android phones.
• Colorful headset made up with antimicrobial material
• Compatible with both android and iOS
• AR and VR capability and affordable at cost.
• Uncomfortable with Stiff-Foam
• Lenses are at slide out position
• Very less content comparatively with gear VR.
Finally, go through the above guide while buying a VR headset.