Video production requires great planning and teamwork. It need not always be expensive, and even if it is, it is worth the time and money investment. If you are a marketer considering including video content in your marketing efforts, it will provide many benefits.
Video production is much more than shooting the clips in the video and assembling them into a final story.
Table of Contents
- Video Production
- Different Types of Video Production
- Best Practices in Video Production
- Top 5 Best Drones for Video Production
- 50 Video Production Trends
Video production consists of three important parts and these are writing the script, shooting and finally the editing.
To produce a video you need to have a script based on which you have to shoot and then edit the footage to look crisp. There are three main stages in the video production and these are the pre-production stage, production stage and the post production stage.
The pre-production stage is the planning stage. The script is written in this stage. After it is approved, the cast is selected and the members who are going to work for making the film or video are also selected in this stage.
The screen locations, equipment, the call sheets or artists and every other thing are kept organized.
Production stage is the important stage that begins after the cast and crew are chosen, the script is ready. There is a need to travel to each location and shoot the scenes. After the completion of shooting of the scenes, we move to the next stage of video production.
Post-production is the final stage is video production. Editing of the footage is done here.
Other actions that are performed are merging the scenes, syncing video and audio, editing of audio and video and adding any required special effects.
The initial visions of the videos need to be get approved and finally, the video is exported in the final format.
Different Types of Video Production
There are different types of video production. Let us know about some of them.
• Corporate video production
- Corporate videos
- Event videos
- Presentation videos
- Recorded webinars
- Company culture videos
- PowerPoint presentation videos
• Sale and marketing videos
- Unboxing videos
- Marketing videos
- Shopping spree videos
- Promotion videos
• Informative videos are training videos, video tips on particular subjects, education videos etc.
• Entertainment videos are the music videos, documentaries, ceremonial videos, travels videos etc.
• Other types of videos are the news related videos such as digital journalism videos, interview videos and public service announcement videos.
Best Practices in Video Production
Valuable time and resources are spent on creating a video. To get the money’s worth from the video production, some best practices need to be implemented.
Have a clear vision of what you want to achieve from the video. Know the target audience. Be clear and what the message the video is going to deliver.
If you are making a video for marketing, be sure that the video is of optimal length for usage on different platforms. Do not compromise on production values. Remember that great audio quality is as important as the video quality for the success of the video.
Try making an emotional connection with the audience. Humor is an emotion that helps connect with people easily.
Promoting the video is also as important to creating a great video. Social sharing helps in the promotion of the video.
Re-purpose the video in different ways. Break it down and share on the social media pages. Publish them on platforms such as YouTube.
To get most out of the videos, video production companies implement the above practices. Take the help of professional video production companies who can help and guide you.
Top 5 Best Drones for Video Production
Drones had already raised interest in the camera enthusiasts as well as for the filmmakers. Previously, purchasing drones is an expensive part. But, today the prices become more affordable to all. Here are some top drones for video production in 2017.
DJI Phantom Pro 4
• DJ Phantom 4 Pro is very innovative and fast. Phantom 4 deliver the high definition video quality which works better than any other drone.
• It consists of a 3D camera and best hardware along with the capability of avoiding the obstacles.
• When comes to designing, phantom 4 is the best one that supports 4K with 20 MP utilizing the sensor of one inch.
• It has long battery life with an advanced 3D vision for stable flight. The camera was built with active subject tracking technology.
DJI Phantom 3 Series
• Easy flying drone with great features which can deliver the better video quality and the functionality is just awesome.
• The lens filters and GPS trackers are some the important features.
• You can choose the Phantom 3 series with four different models that differentiate one another in professional features.
DJI Inspire 1
• 6.49 lb in weight with four rotors that are integrated with the Gimbal.
• 12MP camera supports 4K and works with the concerned app.
• Automated feature of the waypoint, return to home features.
DJI Phantom 3 professional
• 3lbs in weight with four rotors supporting 4K.
• 12MP camera with live video feed at 720p. supports media formats and can be controlled with a dedicated app.
• 14.2oz in weight with four rotors which are integrated without Gimbal and supports 1080p with 14MP camera.
• Built in memory and control over smartphone or tablet.
• It supports live video feed.
All these above drones are presently popular across the web and are very useful for both professional users and as well as for nonprofessionals for video production.
50 Video Production Trends
Everything is going digital now and it is not easy to stay ahead of video production trends. Video production tends to change as per the demand and responses of consumers. Video content is the most powerful, but to a product, something that engages the audience is possible only when the latest video trends followed.
- 4K videos are no more an exciting and new part of video production.
- New video cameras are offered with higher resolution 5K, 8K etc.
- The popularity of drone video keeps increasing.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality are not being used by marketers though people love these technologies.
- VR and AR are presently being applied in gaming and entertainment only.
- VR and AR are however going to become more than niche entertainment because of the great potential tools they have.
- The present trend, however, is that VR and AR are not relevant to most of the video marketers.
- The video is no longer for only certain demographics, studies revealed that adults aged 55 and older are becoming tech savvy.
- It is also revealed that more than fifty percent of the YouTube users are females.
- Social media now is all about video and this trend is going to continue to grow in the coming days.
- Social media continues to be the most powerful medium for video marketers.
- About ninety percent of the marketers are using video to increase their brand awareness.
- Reports revealed that having a video on the landing page increases conversion rate by 80% and this figure is going to grow in future.
- A video is now the preferred form of marketing being accessed by consumers.
- Brands understand that the best way to get noticed is by using video content either on their websites or on social media pages.
- Shorter videos are the latest trend, a video which is of only two-minute length are watched by people fifty percent more.
- Fifty percent of the traffic for video content is coming from mobile devices and this trend will continue to increase.
- HDSLRs are coming with extremely shallow depth of field feature which allows focusing on a specific subject and isolating the subject from the background.
- Slow motion is now affordable and easy as more and more cameras are now able to shoot in slow motion, even in the mobile phones.
- Time lapse shots are becoming more and more common in business videos.
- Using sliders are allowed to add production values to the video at low cost and effort.
- Aerial footage is the latest trend in video production.
- Video creators are using color grade to add value to the video by enhancing the color.
- To make video ads successful, they should be tailored to the mobile audience, as mobile video ads are going to be the quickest growing digital ad segment in the coming years.
- Converting users is easy by making sure that the ads work across all the devices.
- Videos must be shorts and sweet and should be able to hook the viewer in the very beginning.
- Live video is becoming more and more popular on various platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Brightcove etc and the marketers are figuring out how best they can integrate live video into their marketing strategies.
- It is an interesting trend to watch how VR glasses are used to watch the virtual reality videos.
- VR glasses and goggles are popular because of the video gamers and the applications are growing in the video production also.
- Interactive video is the video marketing trend, not exactly the production trend and people are falling in love with this video.
- Using self-deprecating humoring commercials/video is becoming the trend in video production.
- Being real is another trend being followed.
- Using animated characters along with real human is the trend in video production.
- Using real animals as actors in videos is another trend catching up.
- Taking advantage of aerial video for individual purposes by different industries in the latest trend.
- Live action sequences for commercial and corporate videos are done with the mountable video cameras.
- Amateur and professional video creators alike are following the trend of capturing live action whether it is downhill skiing or underwater exploration.
- There is an increasing appetite for cast study videos.
- Timelapse and hyper-lapse are receiving more inquiries from video production clients.
- Appetite for video is increasing and the attention spans are decreasing, so to guarantee that viewers are watching the video till the end, keep the videos as short as possible.
- Hook the viewers by telling a story in the most creative ways.
- Future of videos is going to be mobile and so vertical videos are here to stay.
- Hyperlapse is a technique used by most organizations to create eye catching video content.
- Producing personalized videos is the latest trend followed by brands to cater to the needs and interests of individual viewers.
- Creating visually heavy videos to deliver the message to people scrolling through phones in busy places is the trend now.
- Reaching audience easily and staying in the minds through the Snapchat video is the trend catching up.
- The video is going to be integrated with all the marketing activities.
- Pre-production is the most important phase in video production where specific business goals of the video are identified.
- Video produced for a mass audience has less value and the focused and targeted content is the future of video.
- With the increase of social media users, companies are producing short length videos and this trend is going to become more and more popular.
Video production was about using fancy equipment, cool effects etc but now video production is all about reaching a target audience and to deliver measurable business results. Adding value to the video is the key to success in video production.