Return on Investment or ROI explains if the investment made in the marketing campaigns got back by the marketer. ROI measured by tracking the metrics that are related to revenue and profit such as conversion. Here are the best practices for achieving video advertising ROI.
1. Marketers should define ROI. Setting a goal helps in producing video content that helps achieve this, and the content can optimise the goal. Use a proper call to action and make this a prominent feature on the landing page. The call to action button should be clear and should be identified easily by the visitors. Use contrast colours to achieve this.
2. Many marketers think that if the ROI of a marketing campaign is positive, but the main goal of marketing campaign is to create revenue and many activities take a long time to pay off.
3. Metrics that distract from the business goal should avoid. Metrics such as Facebook fans, press release shares etc. may impress the marketers but might not affect the revenue.
4. Curate the negative keywords lists. It helps the ads to show more for relevant searches. Negative keywords are the terms the marketers specifically do not want the ad to show up. Curating negative keywords is all the most important if the businesses have a limited budget and low conversion rates. Google AdWords Keywords tool helps to identify negative keywords. However, the marketers need to be very careful in choosing the negative keywords and see that they are not excluding too many terms that can lead to losing audience.
5. Test the video ads to make them stand out from competitors. There are some questions that every marketer should ask themselves, and these include–will the target audience notice the ad, will the ad encourage purchases, is the ad communicating the brand name clearly, what changes can be made to improve the effectiveness of the ad etc.
6. Before launching the marketing campaign, do some preliminary test by showing the ads during a specific time, day or the week and see what time the ads are getting more attention. Then show the ads at the right time to increase the views and thereby try to improve ROI.
7. Optimize the marketing campaign for mobile devices. The website should b responsive on mobile. Encode the videos to work on the smartphones and tablets also. Use short form videos whose length does not exceed four minutes. The goal of marketing campaigning is to encourage customers for a call to actions. Check the call to actions implemented on video landing pages are working for the mobile users also.
8. An optimising landing page is another best practice to achieve ROI. Try designing the landing pages to focus on turning each visitor into a client. It helps generate qualified leads. Make your landing page user-friendly. It should be easy to navigate, should not contain a white space and should contain images that deliver messages. Use colour designs to make the page appealing.
9. Opt for marketing automation strategies to improve and achieve ROI. Automate the marketing campaigns to increase leads and sales and also get new business inquiries.
10. Listen to the consumers and understand how they are consuming the video content. Find out what the consumers are interested in and take action according to their response.
Digital marketing changed the way the marketing professional operates. It is now easy to achieve the return on investment. For this, the marketers need to ensure that the tracking metrics are in place.