Snapchat launched sunglasses named the Snapchat spectacles. These spectacles are like Google Glass but cost less. These are similar to GoPro but have to be wearing on the face. These spectacles can be used to record video, save them to Snapchat memories etc. These are small wireless video cameras that work for full day with a single charge and integrated into a pair of sunglasses. These are offered in three different colours.
Table of Contents
Introduction to Snapchat Spectacles
Popular photo-sharing app Snapchat was working on developing a new camera since few years, and the Spectacles announced in October 2016. These spectacles create the video snippets and can transfer and store them on Snapchat memories via Bluetooth or WiFi. These can create circular videos and play full screen on the devices. The glasses feature a camera with 115-degree lens. The video captures will mimic how human being sees with their eyes.
Where to Buy Snapchat Spectacles?
According to Snapchat sources, only limited numbers of spectacles are made. Snapchat is taking a slow approach to rolling the spectacles. These can be purchased from Snapbots, the yellow vending machines. The Snapbots are mobile and will be placed for a day in a place in the US. According to the latest update, these are available on eBay for a price of $900. Originally these cost $129.99 and are offering in only one size. You can choose from black, coral and teal color options.
How to use Snapchat Spectacles?
Using the Snapchat spectacles is very easy. There is a button in the top left-hand corner of the sunglasses. Tapping this starts the video recording for ten seconds. If you want to continue, you have to tap it again. The other will see know that you are recording with the outside facing light that appears on the glasses. Recording can be done for thirty seconds at a time.
Snapchat spectacles can use with devices that run on Android operating system or iOS. The snaps recorded can be transferred to the Android device over WiFi, and with iPhone, you can use the Bluetooth connection of the sunglasses or the WiFi for snap transfer. The snaps are also stored on the sunglasses until you access the phone.
10 best Practices of Snapchat Spectacles for Marketing
Snapchat spectacles can impact the creation of the content and how it is consumed. Videos can be recorded with the spectacle hands-free way and can be shared immediately with the followers and friends.
- Snapchat spectacles are likely to be used more in action sports.
- Mountain dew filmed a skateboard ride with these glasses and another marketer also filmed a motorcycle jaunt.
- The spectacles are going to open new dimensions in instant broadcasting.
- Marketers can use to livestream their product launches, interviews or behind the scene footage.
- All advertisers can now create a circular video with the spectacles and create unique videos for the app.
- Real first-person perspective videos can be created by the marketers at a lower cost.
- Behind the scene, clipping can be recorded better. People can know who and what is behind the product creation.
- Using snapchat spectacles will be a new way to introduce products with unboxing videos.
- Live footage of customer reviews of products can be recorded.
- Marketers also can perform surveys on how their product is used by focus groups.
Hundred of Snapchat spectacles are already sold in the US. Using the spectacles is very simple and unique content can be created and shared with the followers and friends. Using them is the funniest way to make memories.