Using YouTube to promote and generate revenue from music? It is important to monetize to generate revenue from music. Revenue on music can be generated even if the music is used as background score by some other music creators. Another way to earn money using music on YouTube is through video streaming.
Table of Contents
YouTube Music Monetization
YouTube is one of the important tools for musicians to generate revenue and to engage the audience. Ads running on the music videos do get revenue but instead, creating a sales funnel strategy may be more beneficial. Focusing on how your videos are discovered, monetising the music and concentrating on retaining the traffic will increase revenue opportunities. Take some steps so that your music is easily discovered and searched by the people. Enable channel recommendations, use the YouTube tags that work as keywords. The video title must be appealing and catchy. Give your YouTube channel link on social networking sites and other places.
Traffic to the YouTube music channel contributes to sales. Allow ads to display in the music video. You can keep the visitors engaged by creating your playlist so that they watch the other videos also. Finding new fans is difficult than retaining the existing fans. To help retain the fans, keep them engaged by asking questions, running contents etc. video content can be leveraged through 3rd party platforms to help retain fans.
YouTube Music Monetization Best Practices
Here are the best practices for monetizing music on YouTube.
• Monetize the YouTube channel
• Simply monetizing the channel or videos will not help generate revenue. Make more videos.
• Make a playlist of your music videos so that the visitors watch other videos also.
• Enable annotations and link to Google Play or iTunes to make more money.
• User YouTube ID Fingerprinting system or any other system such as Audiam or INDmusic so that YouTube identifies your music and ensures you get a share of the revenue when your music is used by some others.
• Create a trailer and place it on YouTube music channel page.
• Allow other video creators to use your music. Sign up for some licensing programs which add the music to some websites from where video creators can purchase a license to you’re the music.
• Offer to buy the music to the visitors.
• Give the link to the website in the music video from where the visitors can buy the song.
How to Make Money From Your Music on YouTube
YouTube is the largest search engine for music. YouTube is also a great channel to introduce music to the listeners. More and more musicians are using this platform to promote their music. Apart from promoting the music, YouTube also helps in generating revenue. Here are few ways to generate revenue from music on YouTube. Use the content ID system of YouTube to ID’d your music so that YouTube identifies your music monetises the videos containing the music to generated ad revenue.If the channel subscribers exceed five hundred numbers, joining illustrated sound networks to monetise your music further. It helps drive engagements, increase the subscribers and so on.
Become YouTube partner to earn more money.To generate more revenue, musicians can use the YouTube cards – merchandise cards, fundraising cards, associate Website cards or fan funding cards. The crowdfunding platform is another popular method to earn money from music on YouTube.Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe and Patreon are some popular crowd funding platforms.Another way to earn money from music on YouTube is to give performance lessons. Use digital platforms to find students for your classes.