The video, since long has been a crucial part of digital media strategy. Brands are incorporating video into their marketing strategy, and Shoppable videos are the recent development. Customers, while watching the video can click on products shown in the video and get the product details including the price, and they can even purchase them. When the viewer clicks on the product in the video, it takes him to a site from where the buyer can do.
The world of video content is saturated, and it can be challenging to stand out. However, shoppable videos are bringing a new level of engagement that is catching the attention of shoppers and retailers alike. This post will show you how to create a compelling shoppable video for your eCommerce business, as well as highlight some best practices for maximizing its potential.
Many people love watching videos on YouTube or Facebook because it’s something they do in their free time as a hobby. Because we enjoy these videos so much, we tend to watch them with our wallets open – which means this type of marketing strategy could help bring in more sales!
Table of Contents
What are Shoppable Videos?
Shoppable Videos is a new and creative approach to video on mobile devices. Instead of simply adding links, we overlaid each product with a clickable thumbnail that shows how it looks on your phone and makes for an enjoyable experience for the viewer as they shop like never before.
Shoppable Video is an innovative way to turn video content into shopping experiences. We put interactive thumbnails over products in videos so you can click through and buy them from the application you’re playing them on instantly.
Shoppable Videos are a mobile app that allows for video browsing in augmented reality.
Shoppable Videos is a socially innovative, product-driven media platform designed to explore the paradigm of AR shopping in pop culture. With our mobile app, shoppers can view videos in augmented reality by scanning bar codes and transforming promotional products into interactive 3D images that move with the video content.
The shoppable video is a new marketing tool which is a video that allows the audience to purchase after watching the video campaign. The shoppable videos have the website link of the vendor from where the viewer can learn more about the product and make the decision about purchasing the product.
How to Setup Shoppable Videos
Setting up shoppable videos is very simple and can be done with the help of various tools and platforms available online. A clear call to action is to insert in the video campaign which will take the viewers to the official site of the vendor. Here are few tips for setting up shoppable videos.
- To kick-start shoppable video campaign, brands must start small Launch one campaign and evaluate how it is performing.
- To get maximum benefit start working with YouTube directly.
- A/B test on your site with shoppable and non-shoppable versions of the video. Measure the effectiveness of both.
- Share the shoppable video on social networking sites also such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and so on.
- Also, distribute the links through email marketing, embed it on your blog and also feature it on the homepage.
The main aim of creating shoppable video ads is to drive sales. The video diverts the audience to a landing page from where the products purchased. Maintaining a responsive landing page is thus very important. Also, show the other product recommendations in the particular video.
Shoppable Video Trends and Tools
The trend of these videos technology that allows the viewers to directly go to the relevant product shown in the video and make the purchase is expanding. Big brands are using this innovative tool.
Shoppable videos are a great option for marketers who expect direct sales from their video campaigns. According to the latest studies, a large percentage of consumers would like to use shoppable videos to make the purchase directly from the video ad campaign.
Shoppable videos used as the guide to services and products. The latest trend is to make videos that show the brand ambassador or a model to discuss the latest products and service of the brand.
Wideo is a platform that helps in creating shoppable videos. It does not take much time to create this type of video and call-to-action buttons need to be inserted in the video.
Invodo is another site that helps in creating interactive content showing the services or products of a company to engage the customers. Shoppable video experience created for a video already existing online or to a new video. Facebook is also ready to test shoppable video ads for retailers.
Shoppable Video Ads
Shoppable videos are a choice for the marketers to direct the viewers to focus on their marketing campaigns. Creating quality content helps in gaining viewers attention.
Whether to engage the audience or to drive sales, the shoppable video format is the perfect blend for that audience who are not any more interested in traditional ads.
Brands quickly realize the potential of these shoppable videos are experimenting with the format and are benefits from them.
Shoppable Video Trends and Tools
- Videos are engaging and can be shoppable
- More than 90% of internet users watch videos on their mobile devices, so create a video that is optimized for smaller screens
- 60% of consumers would rather watch an online video to learn about a product than read about it
- Video marketing generates 3x more shares than other types of social media posts
- Video is the most consumed content on social media
- Videos with products in them are more likely to be shared than those without
- The average online shopper spends $200-$300 per order, and they’re most likely to buy from a company that has videos of their products
- Tools for making video include: Quik (useful for mobile), Animoto (good for short clips), and Adobe Spark (for long-form animations)
- Shoppable videos are growing in popularity, and companies like Target and Nike have been using them to attract customers
- The most popular shoppable video platform is YouTube’s “Shopping on YouTube” channel, which includes over 200 videos from brands like Adidas, Levi’s, and H&M
- One of the benefits of shoppable videos is that they’re more engaging than traditional ads; one study found that shoppers who watched a shoppable video were 60% more likely to buy something online
- There are many tools available for creating shoppable videos: Adobe Premiere Pro CC has a built-in interactive object tracker called “Adobe Primetime,” which can be used to add
- Shoppable video is a new form of advertising
- It’s content that can be shopped with just one click
- The most popular types are beauty, fashion, and lifestyle videos
- There are many tools to create shoppable videos, including Zooper, Animoto, Magisto, VideoScribe
- Shopify has its app for creating shoppable videos
- Hyperlapse- a mobile app for creating time-lapse videos
- Snapchat Stories- an app that lets you share stories with your friends and followers
- QuikStories- an app that helps you create short video clips to post on social media
- Animoto- creates animated slideshows out of your photos, music, and text
- Shoppable videos have been around for a little while now
- They’re a great way to showcase your products and services
- There are many tools that you can use to make these types of videos, including Animoto, VideoMakerFX, and Magisto
- These tools offer templates for all sorts of different video styles- from product demonstrations to testimonials
- You can also add music or sound effects if you want
- The number of shoppable videos is expected to grow by 50% in 2018
- Shoppable video ads are the fastest-growing ad format on social media
- Video production tools for adding interactive elements include: Adobe After Effects, Tumult Hype, Animoto, PowToon, and more
If you’re ready to take your video marketing strategy to the next level, don’t hesitate. Contact our team today for a free consultation on how we can help make shoppable videos a reality in your business. We’ll walk you through what it takes and answer any questions that come up along the way!
If you want to take your video marketing efforts up a notch, consider adding shoppable videos. This is an exciting new trend that’s quickly gaining traction with brands of all sizes and budgets. We can help you get started by providing the ultimate guide on creating these types of videos for your online store or website. Contact us today for more information about our Shoppable Videos consulting services to discuss this strategy in detail.