Currently, VR video is trending in the 360 Degree world. Now the Brand new Sennheiser Ambisonic VR microphone enters the market for VR audio. This Ambisonic VR Microphone allows you to seamlessly record the 3D audio which leads the users to immerse with high-quality audio and leads to an emotional experience.
AMbisonic was supporting all post-production and playback VR tools in the market. This Mic is fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. It allows you to capture sound from a single point to match the VR video.
Sennheiser is a company that specializes in audio equipment. They are now releasing their first VR microphone, the AMBEO® VR Mic, for immersive video capture with 3D sound. The newest product will be compatible with Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets. This new product will change how people experience videos with authentic spatial sound without headphones or earbuds. This blog post will explore more about this new product and what it can do to change how we watch videos and hear them.
The Sennheiser Ambisonic Microphone is just one of many innovations Sennheiser has created over its 75 years in business. Recently they have been working on developing interactive content for virtual reality.
Sennheiser has introduced a new Ambisonic VR Microphone to enable filmmakers and musicians to create high-quality 3D sound recordings. The microphone is designed for use with Sennheiser’s Ambeo ARX-1 ambisonic recording system, which allows the capture of 360° audio using one or more microphones. It is compatible with all major virtual reality platforms such as Oculus Rift, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, and Playstation VR.
The new 3D mic features a two capsule design that splits the incoming signal into four channels: left front, right front, left-back, and right back. This provides accurate spatial positioning for up to 12 listeners in an immersive environment without external processing of the captured sounds.
Table of Contents
Key Features of Sennheiser Ambisonic VR Microphone:
The Specially designed AMBEO A-B converter convert raw 4-channel output audio that is A-format audio to another 4-channel format that it B-Format.
The AMBEO VR mic is created to fulfill the needs of VR content creators to capture audio from any side, any location it enables the listeners to create an immersive visual experience that synchronizes the VR video content or spherical 360-degree video.
It is a single point microphone for virtual reality content. These Ambisonic tools are appropriate for VR and another 3D sound interactively controls the audio system.
AMBEO VR Mic was fitted and matched with four KE 14 capsules surrounded in a mount which can allow capture sounds from all directions or a spherical, a high-quality audio in a spatial ambisonic format.
This VR mic is rugged and suitable for on demand recording conditions. Best suitable for capturing audio for spherical 360-degree content, to synchronize with VR /spherical 360-degree video clips.
It includes with Format converter software which is available in VST, AAX Mac/PC plug-in can easily integrate with existing VR workflows. This plugin helps to correct the physical position and rotate its directions.
AAX plugin can help to choose different output standards including YouTube 360 degree video.
A-B format converters VST, AU, AAX are suitable for iOS Mac and Windows users also.
Specification of Ambisonic VR Microphone:
Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Output Impedance: Approximately 200 ohms
Maximum sound pressure levels: 130(dB)A for 1kHz
Transducer Principle: Pre-polarized condenser microphone
Minimum terminating impedance: 1000 ohms
Polar Pattern: 4 X Cardioid , Ambisonic
Power source: Photon powering P48
Connector: 4 X XLR balanced splitter cable, multi pin output jack
Sennheiser Ambisonic VR Microphone Includes:
It Include AMBEO VR Mic
Rycote Suspension Mount
Balanced split cable of 4X XLRds 3-pins
AMBEO A-B format Encoder or converter software available in VST, AAX Mac/PC plug-in, AU.
Ultimate Features of Sennheiser Ambisonic VR Microphone
- Uses Ambisonic technology, which is designed to capture sound in 360 degrees
- Records binaural audio for high-quality 3D audio playback
- Has a low profile design that can be used with different types of VR headsets
- Integrated headphone jack allows for monitoring of feedback and other sounds on location
- Features an external capsule shock mount to reduce the effect of vibrations from the environment
- Wide frequency range
- Low distortion
- High sensitivity to sound pressure level (SPL)
- Compact, lightweight design for easy mobility and storage
- 360-degree sound capture
- Ambisonic recording format
- Low latency and low distortion
- 3D audio processing with up to 8 channels of sound, depending on the content
- High-quality recordings with 360° sound
- Ambisonic recording technology for an immersive audio experience
- Compatibility with any VR headset or video player that accepts stereo input
- Built-in headphone amplifier and high-resolution preamplifier
- Uses Ambisonic technology
- Records 360-degree audio with no blind spots or dead zones
- Ideal for VR video, sound design, and post-production applications
- Allows users to record up to 8 channels of audio simultaneously
- Includes a preamp module with phantom power and an integrated headphone amplifier
- Ambisonic recording captures sound in all directions
- 360-degree horizontal and vertical recordings
- No need for post-production processing to remove noise or echo
- High-quality audio capture, even in noisy environments
- Easy setup with no calibration required
- The microphone captures sound through a 360-degree pattern
- It can be used to capture ambisonic sound for VR applications
- Sound is captured in 16 channels and then decoded into 4 different channels (front, back, left, right)
- This allows the user to adjust the volume of each channel independently
- Record immersive sound for VR headsets
- Capture 360° audio in any direction
- Eliminate the need for additional equipment to capture binaural sound
- Built-in microphone preamp with phantom power supply
- Compatible with most popular editing software
- The microphone is made of carbon fiber
- It has a low weight and is easy to transport
- The sound quality is high enough for VR video production
- It’s an ambisonic microphone, meaning it captures audio in 360 degrees
- The microphone captures sound in 360 degrees
- It has a high-quality recording resolution of up to 24 bits per sample at 96kHz
- It is lightweight and portable, making it easy for one person to operate the camera while the other holds the microphone
- Its directional pattern can be adjusted from omnidirectional, bidirectional, or unidirectional
Ambisonic VR Microphone is best suited for capturing spherical audio from all directions to synchronize with VR video clips or 360-degree videos. This is an ultimate guide for AMBEO VR microphone make use this information before buying.
Buy Sennheiser’s New Ambisonic VR Microphone