The television screen was the only thing people were focusing on to enjoy their movies and shows earlier. But now the experience has expanded to the second screen. It said that people keep on browsing the internet on their mobile devices while watching the television. Millennials are also consuming video content on their second screens. This behavior is to get more information on the content they are watching and also to distract from commercials that play between the programs. You can find all information about second-screen advertising.
Table of Contents
What is the second screen?
The second screen can be a tablet or a smartphone. These are the devices that people use while watching the television to connect more to a program by getting more information. The second screen helps to make television viewing more interactive through a special app for the particular program. The second screen helps businesses to understand how to reach customers and how consumers are using the new technologies in the digital world.
The second screen advertising
Second screen advertising drives the audience to view more advertising. The customers are driven to the second screen and access more related content and the advertisers can show more advertisements to the viewers.
Second screen advertising is most powerful. It can enable the consumer to act immediately or take a decision about buying or ordering a product they are watching a show or in an advertisement on the television.
Second Screen platforms and apps
Smartphones and tablets are not just standalone devices. These are used even when watching the television to play games or get more information about what we are watching on the big screen. There are many platforms and apps for users who want a little more than just the television show. These are called the second screen apps. Download them to your mobile or tablet and acquire required information about the show or an advertisement.
• Beamly TV was earlier called the Zeebox. This app finds what shows are on now on television and connects with other users who are chatting about them. The information about the latest news, celebrities on the show and upcoming broadcasts also provided.
• IMBd or internet movie database is another app that contains information about shooting locations, key quotes, etc. of a specific series. Pay them and watch the latest episodes of your favorite show.
• TheScore is a sport watching app that provides information about all major sports event.
Second screen marketing statistics
More than sixty-one people in the world are using mobile devices while they are watching the television. Advertisers are creating content to complement the content on television. The second screen used by young users. More than seventy percent of millennial are used the second screen while they are watching the television. These people live tweet or live blog about the event or program they are watching on the television. Live tweet is a big opportunity for brands, especially during events. While television is the most popular device to consume video, streaming content is being watched more on tablets, smartphones, and computers. At least thirty-three percent of the younger generation prefers to watch video content on their second devices. Eighty-seven percent of people use a smartphone as the companion device for a television. Brands are now taking to market their product on this popular second screen. They are using technology to detect the TV spot and message the viewers about the offers etc. The technology also detects the competitor’s ads and compares the pricing and other features.
Fascinating Facts & Figures about Second Screen
In modern life Mobile devices has increased, there is no surprise in that media consumption also increased at the same time second screen alternatives. The Younger generation was using 91% of second screen devices along with Television.
All age people using combination of TV and smartphones worldwide.The second screen devices come under Laptops, Tablets, video games and Smartphones. People in the USA they use second screen devices for chatting with friends, send SMS to near ones through social media.
- The total interactions socially in our daily life took place through the second screen
- Nearly about 32% of people are watching live sports through mobile devices
- the Second screen is allowing us to access the updates of the sports events live
- It also allows the people to share unique content on it
- It helps the marketers and users to build fans and followers and the community discussions too
- The second screen had already integrated with the advertising and marketing
- It increases the value of the entertain content
- It also provides us with the alternative content like replays and facts, statistics and many other essential things that we don’t know about.
- According to 2011 census reports, it was revealed that the mobile revenue had increased dramatically up to 100% during the football season
- Nearly 85 percent of people are accessing the internet by using the smart devices other than PC and laptop today
- Nearly about 59% people are accessing the internet while they are watching the traditional TV shows. Many people tweet while watching TV
- Nearly about 59% discussions on the live programs on TV were discussed on the Facebook platform, and about 79% reviewed from by using the smart phones
- According to the 2013 census reports revealed that the nearly more than 49% tweets noticed while watching live sports event
- The app market that related to the second screen sports was expected to more than 1.9 billion dollars, and it may reach at the 2018 year
- The app market that relates to the second screen had increased to 8.8 billion dollars
- 82% of people are watching the second screen devices while they are watching the TV
- Nearly 47 percent of social media users are switched to the news on smart devices
- One out of six users are retweeted on branded sports content
- According to 2012 in London, during the 16 days of Olympics nearly 160 million tweets have noticed on Twitter
- Nearly 219 billion likes were recorded on Facebook platform during the world cup
Social second screen has become one of the beat advantage to the marketers to brand their products live streaming the events. The above article gives amazing facts and figures about Second screen devices.
Second screen usage is going to rise. And the multiscreen approach is here to stay. Millennial browse the web when they watch the commercials on television and what else is the best place to grab their attention and show your appealing content.