Table of Contents
- 10 Live Video Streaming Trends That Will Dominate Market Soon
- Top 10 Live Video Streaming Apps for Mobile
- Best way to Implement Cloud-based Live Video Streaming
- Pay-Per-View Live Video Streaming
- Global Online Live Video Streaming Statistics 2021 [Study]
10 Live Video Streaming Trends That Will Dominate Market Soon
What is the most popular format of video on the web in recent times?
It is the live video streaming, and it is continuing to evolve quickly. People are watching more and more videos on the internet, and there are many new platforms, technologies, and video production trends changing. Let us now talk about the new trends in live video streaming for the year 2017. It is good to talk about the latest trends as these can be considered when planning a live video strategy in the future.
Live video streaming is going to expand further both on social media and other media platforms. It is now easy to live stream that anyone can adopt it.
Facebook announced that live video would be ranked higher in News Feeds that other type of video content.
More publishers and viewers are going to get involved because of the interactive nature of this format.
Video-on-demand and live video streaming are going to continue to attract huge viewership. We are watching these trends for some time now, and the TV subscriptions are declining with more people watching the internet video.
More users now have access to the internet and also to high-speed 4G networks, increasing the number of users watching live video online daily.
Studies revealed that video ads attached to live streaming have a high click-through rate and brands are going to take advantage of this.
Tablets and smartphones have become the primary internet devices. A Large number of internet traffic is coming from these devices. Live video viewing is also getting views from mobiles. Live video is going to increase mobile ad spending.
Social media live streaming is getting more support. New platforms like DaCast are hosting them and offering them to embed on social platforms, and these are also mobile compatible.
Though HD content is dominating the web now, 4K video is likely to take over.
High end, the lower end, and small-scale producers are going to offer better content depending on the sources available them and taking the live streaming to move towards the split market.
OTT Platforms Rising
Live Streaming Still Social Media’s Best Friend
Mobile is playing a key role in Live Streaming
Extended Enterprise Business Applications for Live Streaming
Fragmentation of OTT Video Content
IoT Video Streaming
Major changes expected in live video streaming trends in 2017 as the technology adopted on the full scale. Live streaming video is going to be a winning media platform in the coming years.
Top 10 Live Video Streaming Apps for Mobile
Mobile phones are now everywhere. We can see people looking at their mobile phone screens and tapping away them. People are using their mobile phones to live stream the events. There is no need to have a camcorder with us to live telecast something that we see. Mobile apps are available for everything and there are also apps for live video streaming.
It is said that the number of smartphone users will increase to 6.1 billion in the world in the coming two to three years. That means seventy percent of the human population will use smartphones. There are live video streaming apps available for free also.
1. Hang W/, apart from Video live to stream, this is the best platfrom of social media network. Some customized features are Video sharing, Video lives streaming, broadcast chat controls, privacy, and video broadcasting.
2. Stream.am is another live video mobile app and is available for both Android and iOS devices.
3. Periscope is a very popular live video streaming app that is easy to use. Video streams can be recorded and replayed later.
4. Bambuser is a relatively older app for live video.
5. Livestream is another live video broadcast app and a premium membership is needed to create professional broadcasting streams.
6. Facebook Live allows broadcasting live video directly from the mobile app. Schedule your live videos so that your audience can join.
7. Instagram is another popular app for mobile live video. There is no way they live videos can be replayed after the stream.
8. Kanvas is another popular live streaming app for mobile and offers visual effects, stickers, drawing tools, etc.
9. YouNow is another app using which the live video can be shared on any social network
10. Streamago is the choice for those that allow going live with only a few friends. The streams can be shared on various social networks.
Live streaming video on the mobile phone is the biggest trend now. With high-speed internet and mobile phones with HD cameras available easily, this is the better time to broadcast live streaming to the world.
Best way to Implement Cloud-based Live Video Streaming
Now that the Cloud is being seen as the ultimate source for many activities (mainly on IoT data), the same is holding good even for live video streaming. Once we talk about the cloud (for storing, retrieving, analyzing, and viewing of data), it is quite natural that there is a protocol to be followed. The protocol can be termed as the set of rules for putting/accessing data in the cloud.
There are many protocols that are being presently used for using the cloud to live video stream. Some of them are included RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol), RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol), etc. The RTSP is designed for use in entertainment & communication systems to control streaming media servers. RTSP, while delivering real-time streaming, also allows control of playback. RTMP provides an opportunity to reconnect (in the case of connection loss during file loss).
Best features that are required for implementation include:
• Scalability: There should be no 1 to 1 connection between server and client.
• HTTP support as most networks support.
• Minimization of network bandwidth usage.
Coming to best ways for implementation of cloud-based live video streaming following suggestions may come handy for the marketer:
1) Use of video switches to create visually interesting & dynamic show.
2) Multiple channel promotion.
3) Encoding – software & hardware.
4) Optimum bitrate. For single stream approach, the best format would be 1280×720 frame size feed encoded at 4 Mbps.
5) Best communication models to stream the video including public internet bandwidth, satellite, fiber or cellular technology.
6) Early start of the webcast will ensure that no mistake occurs at the live streaming.
In view of the fact that the live streaming is able to offer good platforms for the marketers to promote their products, he needs to use the best format and also best channels to ensure that his Live Video campaign is a grand success.Streambox is one of the best platform for Cloud-based Live Video Streaming
Pay-Per-View Live Video Streaming
Pay-per-view is a sort of pay-TV administration by which a supporter of a TV administration supplier can buy occasions to see through a private broadcast. The broadcaster demonstrates the occasion in the meantime to everybody requesting it. There are a few approaches to adapt your live streaming, some immediate, some circuitous. You can do it straightforwardly with pay-per-see live broadcasting or by requiring subscriptions. You can offer to promote your broadcast or shape an association with one or more backers. You can utilize crowdfunding to give individuals a chance to influence the formation of new content.
The most transparent approach to profit from live streaming is to charge individuals to watch it. Streaming stage administrations incorporate a paywall option in a nutshell; a paywall is a course of action that requires installment before a viewer can actuate the broadcast. It works for either live streaming or on-interest video. Pay per perspective is the least complicated paywall set up, requiring installment on a ” per view” premise: the viewer pays a charge and can then watch the broadcast for a timeframe.
Similarly as with different methods for profiting from live streaming, paywall strategies have favourable circumstances and downsides. The point of preference is that it permits quick returns and gives the viewer a great review. Advertisements or supports don’t burden your broadcast. The drawback is that it requires a more noteworthy duty from your viewers. While individuals will pay to watch the great, fascinating video, charging for anything lessens movement. You won’t have the same number of viewers if you charge. Consequently, pay per perspective and subscription work best for broadcasts with a devoted crowd that will pay. Neither requires a vast group of onlookers to create revenue, albeit surely paying should viewers as much as possible.
Global Online Live Video Streaming Statistics 2021 [Study]
Online video is the latest buzzword doing rounds in social media as well as for marketers. Live video streaming enables publishers to provide live video streaming. The content (live video streaming) can even be recorded using his mobile phone. Many channels are offering online live video streaming. The popularity of the concept is increasing with every day passing on, and as such, the marketer has the wide potential to use the same for the promotion of his products and services. Here is everything about Live Video Streaming Statistics
While on the subject, it is quite pertinent to note the statistics of some of the popular channels. This information is useful to assess the potential and also acts as a deciding factor as to which channel is offering the best viewership.
• CISCO is projecting quite interesting facts about the global internet traffic. One of its reports suggests that by the year 2019, online video will be responsible for 80% of the global internet traffic. (For US this figure is pegged at 85%).
• By the year 2019 around 4 billion people (around half the planet) will have access to the net.
• By 2019 the number of devices that can access the web will be 3x the global population.
• Ericsson projects mobile video traffic to grow 55% per year until the year 2021.
• OTT streaming is expected to fuel the growth (with 4K video becoming the new standard for consumers).
• The CAGR till the year 2019 is expected to record at 29% (for fixed network) & 67% (for mobile networks). By category, video content is expected to record a CAGR of 33% whereas internet video to TV is expected to record a CAGR of 32% till the year 2019.
Above are some of the projections (as well as potential) for online video that quite naturally attracts more and more marketers to approach this channel. As there are many players like Facebook, Periscope, Blab, etc. offering this service, now let’s have a brief look at the channel-wise statistics in this field.
• People spend 3x longer time watching live video compared to non-live video.
• Facebook users have watched more than one million hours with Samsung VR gear.
• Facebook generated App. 10 billion video views on average per day.
• The average video post generates greater organic reach than photo posts.
• 2 million is the number of daily active Periscope users.
• More than 180 OTT media service subscribers in the US.
• Netflix spent $12 billion on digital content production in 2018.
• Consumers continue to shift to Internet video channels.
• Video Live streaming has become a must-have marketing tool.
As detailed above, globally, there is an abnormal increase in users, content, and popularity of the video promotion channels. Live Video Streaming Statistics scenario is quite attractive for the marketer, and he has to ensure that he chooses an appropriate channel to make the best use for promotion of his products.