YouTube Copyright strike has become the most searching key phrase on a search engine like Google.
Every year YouTube makes thousands of copyright strikes. If any copyright owner claims then it reflects on getting a YouTube Copyright strike. This means as a creator when you upload the copyrighted video content on YouTube without copyright owner permission. It goes to the activity of video takedown.
YouTube Copyright strike put your YouTube channel in a bad position, and it enables users to access certain features.
Table of Contents
- YouTube Copyright Strikes
- When three strikes appear?
- How does it happen?
- Remove YouTube Copyright Strike
- The Ultimate Guide To YouTube Copyright Match Tool
- How To Report A Copyright Complaint On YouTube
YouTube Copyright Strikes
To read the details like copyright strike of an offending YouTube video then go to video manager and then access the section of copyright.
When three strikes appear?
- Just one copyright strike downs your YouTube channel.
- For suppose if you get three strikes then your YouTube channel terminated.
- The deletion of a video library of your YouTube channel takes place.
- The most important thing is that you can not create a new YouTube account.
- The deletion of offending YouTube videos may not change your channel status that escapes from the copyright issue.
How does it happen?
When the notice from DCMA (Digital Millennium Copy Act) takedown then you will see the copyright strike.
The copyright owner is known as DCMA Takedown notices.
The DCMA Takedown notice on your YouTube channel video will let it to takedown from the YouTube channel which projects to obtain the Copyright Strike.
Remove YouTube Copyright Strike
Three ways are available in resolving the copyright strike.
Waiting for copyright strike to expire:
After completion of Copyright School, the Copyright Strikes expire after 90 days.
It is a straightforward way to remove your copyright strike. Here you can approach the copyright owner to retract the claim of the copyright strike.
Submitting a counter-notification:
As a creator, you have the right to submit a counter-notification if the video was removed by mistake as it was misidentified as infringing.
The Ultimate Guide To YouTube Copyright Match Tool
Flash news for all the unique creators of YouTube.
Are you much excited to find what it is?
Just blast your excitement with the stunning tool “Copyright Match” that is going to produced by the YouTube.
What its role to play on YouTube. It will detect the reupload of original videos of one’s individual on other YouTube channels.
Is it sounds good? It is the most exciting feature that all creators are much awaiting to use. It is the time to entertain your audience with your unique and creative video content on YouTube. This feature may lead to gain the more and more subscribers and audience as your videos are available on your own YouTube channel only.
It’s in your hands to take action by reviewing the videos after match of re-uploaded videos have been found.
As initial trial only limited and eligible creators can experience this tool.
Working of Copyright Match Tool
- When the creator uploads video then the YouTube will consider it as the first iteration.
- Then YouTube will scan the videos of the other YouTube channels after your upload to find the matched videos from the others.
- To find whether you are the first uploader to feed the public is that the YouTube will consider the uploading time to see the matches.
- To avoid that risk to be in that list or to prevent such copyright issue check back.
- The misuse of Copyright Match tool will lead to loss of YouTube Partnership or accessing of the Copyright Match tool.
- Just keep in mind that if the YouTube found any matched video, it’s not mean that it is copyright infringement.
- Before approaching the takedown request, it is your responsibility to review each video keenly.
Who is eligible to use Copyright Match tool
The creators who are having 100,000 subscribers are eligible to access this tool.
How to use the Copyright Match
If you are the eligible creator, then Copyright section appears at the left navigation of your YouTube Studio.
Hit the tab of the “Matches” under the Copyright to find the matched videos.
If you find the matched videos, then you can take several actions as follows.
When you choose this by moving the match to Archive you can take action later on.
Message the channel:
If you find the match, then you can intimate the other YouTube channel creators that video is reuploaded. The conversation can take place over email.
You can legally request the YouTube to remove the reuploaded video on the site. It can be done in two ways as the scheduled way and standard way.
In a scheduled way the seven-day notice has been sent.
Whereas, a standard will refer to ‘request removal now.’ That means a direct approach to YouTube to remove the matched video.
The launch of this “Copyright Match” tool will sweep the copyright videos that are stolen from one’s individual. It’s a fantastic tool that all creators need.
How To Report A Copyright Complaint On YouTube
All YouTubers are haunting to fight against Copyright strikes on YouTube. It has become the most significant topic for the YouTube community.
What is YouTube Copyright strike?
If any of your video from YouTube is removed on request of the Copyright owner of that video by asking YouTube to do that in agreeing with Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It leads to getting the YouTube Copyright strike.
What happens after reporting YouTube Copyright complaint?
By choosing the ‘Flag’ button, anyone can report about the video. When the video with specific reason is submitted, then the YouTube team will review that video.
If that video contains the harassment, pornography, harmful and graphic violence that violating the YouTube Community Guidelines then the YouTube team will remove the video from the YouTube channel.
Another type of issue is that if anybody has stolen video content of yours. If they upload your video with their brand name that adds credits then for this type of issue, there is a long process to approach the YouTube Copyright team to claim that video rights that may be removed from their YouTube channel.
Reporting Copyright complaint on YouTube
When your video is snatched and reposted on their YouTube channel without your permission, then you have the right to approach YouTube Community Team to raise the Copyright issue. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Sign in to your YouTube channel.
- Then click on settings of your channel.
- Now it directs to the ‘Account.’
- At the bottom of the page, you can find the ‘Copyright’ and click on it.
- Then you find the page with the link https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/copyright/#support-and-troubleshooting
- Here hit on the ‘submit a Copyright infringement notification.’
- Click on ‘submit a copyright complaint.’
- Now choose the options you need.
- Then enter the URL of the video content and the URL of the page from where it’s stolen.
- Continue filling the form by providing the required information and click on ‘submit complaint.’
- Within 48 hours, you receive a message if it is obvious and some times it takes weeks.
Content ID Sign Up
Creation of Content ID is a type of license for your YouTube video content which helps creators to be away from the Copyright infringement.
When copycats are republishing the videos that you uploaded already then, YouTube will compare the new video with yours.
Depending on the results of database YouTube community team will delete the video. All this happens due to the ‘Content ID’ claim.
Retracting a claim of Copyright infringement
If you are reporting the Copyright complaint by mistake and if you want to change your mind to take off the complaint back.
Then you can approach retract a claim of Copyright infringement.
Dispute a content ID claim
If your YouTube video is proclaimed a content ID claim.
That means if you believe that system misidentified your YouTube video and you have the rights to use the Copyright-protected video content, then you can dispute the content ID claim.
Then the Copyright owner will get the notice of it with the extension of 30 days to respond.
Everyone knows that YouTube has become the career platform for creators. It leads to getting more Copycats who are more particular about snatching the other’s video content to project themselves or add the bucks. To avoid all these Copyright issues keep an eye on YouTube Community Guidelines before uploading the video content on your YouTube channel.
YouTube creators are struggling too much to solve the issue of copyright strike. Either it may be the reputed channel or startup; everyone is on the edge of copyright strike. Go ahead of following the above steps to remove the copyright strike.