Like any other industry, the Education Industry is also utilizing digital video marketing to reach the target audience.
Why is video marketing considered significant in education industry?
Younger generations depend more on digital channels to get the information they want. Youngsters are the primary targeted audience for the education sector. Thus it became necessary to adopt digital advertising because here is where the target audiences are.
Table of Contents
Importance Of Video in Education Sector
The Internet is becoming accessible to more and more, and the students spend more time on the internet watching videos. The students are even accessing the internet to find information about a course they intended to do or about a college that they are planning to join.
While the traditional marketing channels are not complete shutoff from audiences, digital platforms provide a lot of opportunities for viewers to connect with the younger audiences.
Audiences feel the television campaigns or the ads in newspapers are like sales pitches. The attention spans of younger generations are very less and they want information that is relevant, engaging and that helps make a decision.
Using digital channels and video marketing, marketers can ensure that right kind of content delivered to the right audience at the right time.
Digital marketing provides limitless opportunities for education sector marketers. They can create videos and upload them to YouTube, and the videos can be shared to other social media sites.
There are endless possibilities to reach the audience, and all this makes digital video marketing important and relevant for the education sector.
Video Marketing Strategies for Education Industry
The education industry is one of the top sectors for video marketing. A video is being used not just for promoting and advertising purposes but also for learning and remote teaching. Here are some strategies that help take the education industry marketing to the next level.
Whatever the type of video, tell a story in it. It could be testimonials from genuine students, formal speeches, etc. If the video content is informative and inspiring, it will increase the watch time.
Focus on the audience and create content for their needs. Share the video clips on social media to reach expand and ensure that the content gets noticed.
Have a compelling call to action in the video, and it could be an application guide or financial aid guide for prospective students or direct them to a landing page to engage the visitors.
Keep the videos and short and stout with information that is valuable to the audience. Choose the content of the video carefully. Let the audience see how the students interact with each other, enjoy their time on the campus, etc.
User-generated content is loved by viewers. Encourage the students, faculty, and staff to create video content that is both fun and relevant.
- Create a video that is relevant to your product or service
- Use short videos for quick information and longer ones for detailed content
- Make sure your videos are easy to find on YouTube by using keywords in the title, tags, and description
- Encourage viewers to subscribe with a sign-up form at the end of each video
- Promote your channel on social media channels like Facebook and Twitter
- Create a video to introduce yourself
- Use video marketing as an educational tool for your students and parents
- Host a webinar or live stream to answer questions about the industry
- Post videos of inspirational speakers in the education industry on social media
- Create a marketing plan for your school
- Develop a social media strategy to reach new potential students
- Create videos that highlight the best features of your institution while also addressing any concerns or questions prospective students might have about attending your school
- Offer free online tours and virtual visits so people can explore the campus without having to travel anywhere
- Create a video that showcases the quality of your school
- Showcase individual teachers and their work, so potential students can get to know them
- Include testimonials from previous students or parents about how much they enjoyed their time at your school
- Share videos of small moments in life at your school- kids playing with each other, teachers teaching lessons, etc
- Consider how to reach the audience best
- What are your goals?
- Determine what type of video you want to create
- Create a script that is engaging and informative
- Decide on a production style, such as live-action or animation
- Select music for your video that matches the tone of voice and genre you have chosen
- Create a video that is short and concise
- Give out free information in exchange for contact info or email addresses
- Make sure the video has an attention-grabbing title and thumbnail image
- Add annotations to your videos so viewers can quickly find other related content on YouTube
- Use keywords like “how to” or “best practices” in the description of your video
- Create a video that provides an overview of your company
- Leverage testimonials from customers and employees to show how your company has helped them
- Use case studies to demonstrate the success stories of your clients or customer’s businesses
- Provide educational content about topics related to the education industry, such as teaching methods, student-teacher relationships, or parental involvement in schools
- Create a video that is short and concise, like how to tie a shoe or brush your teeth
- Make sure the video has high-quality sound
- Use videos in place of text for instructions on how to do things, such as cooking recipes
- Produce testimonials from key stakeholders and customers about why they love your product or service
- Conduct interviews with experts in your industry- ask them questions about their work and what they’re doing next
- Find your target audience and create a marketing plan to reach them
- Create a video that is relevant to your industry
- Use the right keywords, tags, descriptions, titles, and thumbnails when uploading videos
- Optimize SEO for YouTube videos by adding tags and captions in English
- Upload videos regularly to get more views on YouTube
- Video marketing is a great way to build brand awareness
- Create video content that will resonate with your audience
- Promote your videos through social media and other channels
- Use analytics to measure the success of your videos
Video Marketing trends for Education Industry
People are consuming content via mobile devices. Short videos are ideal to keep them engaged. Short videos between 30 and 90 seconds length are going to be the trend.
These type of short videos are ideal to get the brief attention spans. The ideal video should have the three essential elements, and they are, they should be eye-catching, short and easy to follow.
Another trending that we can look for in the coming days is that video promotion on social video will bloom. Business advertisements on Facebook are growing at a faster pace. Social networks are providing us news and entertainment.
Education marketers should be where there are prospective students. Targeting opportunities are high on social platforms. Video advertisements can promote on social media with the paid option.
Majority of the views on social sites happen in silence. That means the videos are played with sound off. Thus having a combination of attractive visuals and text-heavy descriptions are important for education video ads to keep the audience hooked.
A combination of images and text should be used in video ads to cater for silent autoplay. Create something that the viewers understand through visuals alone.
The education sector is using more live streaming on social media platforms. Social platforms such as Facebook are ranking the live video higher in news feeds. Education marketers are going to catch up the trend and engage the audience with live streaming.
Education video marketing is likely to move toward regular and frequently video content rather than a onetime event. The institutions are going to create a higher volume of more targeted video content that covers the student journey’s all aspects.
Education marketers should create content that is useful to the audience. The content should encourage the people to engage with the institution.
Video content for education industry advertising moved to storytelling. The primary goal of the video advertising now is to engage and inform the audience than to sell. A clickable call to action is included which is interactive and personal and helps create a sense of urgency.
Colleges and universities are letting their students produce and create the video content so that they gain experience and also save money.
Education video promoting and marketing is an important part of the online experience for prospective students. Video marketing is no more extended option. Education Industry should adopt and take advantage of video marketing to increase their engagement with the audience.
- Video is the most popular form of content on social media
- Video marketing will soon overtake traditional forms of advertising
- Videos with higher production quality are more effective than videos that have low production quality
- Educational institutions should create video content for Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
- Educators are using video to reach a wider audience
- Videos can be used for classroom instruction, professional development, and staff meetings
- The use of videos in education is becoming more popular as technology becomes more accessible
- Video marketing trends show that educators are implementing the following: short-form videos with clear messages; animated explainers; unboxing product reviews; gear review/comparisons
- Video is the most powerful tool for communicating your message
- Videos on social media have higher engagement rates than any other type of content
- Create a video marketing strategy that includes an elevator pitch, a call to action, and consistent posting on all channels
- Use videos to show off your best features or highlight customer testimonials
- Increase the number of videos you upload to your YouTube channel
- Create video content that is unique and relevant to a specific topic
- Use analytics tools to see what people are searching for on YouTube- create more videos based on these search terms
- Upload videos with captions or subtitles in different languages so that an international audience can watch them
- Educators are using video to promote their content and engage with students
- Video is a powerful way for educators to build relationships, foster trust, and increase student engagement
- Educators can use video in many ways- from creating tutorials on how to do something specific or documenting classroom activities
- There’s no one size fits all approach when it comes to video marketing for education- each school has different needs and resources
- Video marketing is a great way to increase brand awareness
- Make sure your videos are high quality and interesting
- Use video marketing as an educational tool- it’s more engaging than static content or text
- Utilize YouTube, Facebook Live, and other social media platforms that allow you to share your videos with your audience
- Videos are a great way to engage with your audience
- A video’s length can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the content
- Make sure you upload videos in high quality and that they are optimized for search engines
- Use keywords in your titles and descriptions so people can find them easily when searching online
- Video is a powerful tool for educating students and parents
- Videos have the potential to be more engaging than static content like text articles or photos
- Educators can use video to explain complex concepts in an understandable way, as well as offer advice on how to do something correctly
- Educational videos should also include links to supplemental materials like lesson plans, worksheets, and other resources that will help viewers continue learning after watching the video
- Video marketing is a great way to connect with your audience
- Videos can be used for different purposes: product demos, testimonials, etc.
- The most popular video type in the education industry is how-to videos
- It’s essential to have a clear call-to-action at the end of your video, so viewers know what you want them to do next
- Video marketing is the most engaging form of content on social media
- Videos are more likely to be shared than any other type of content
- 90% of people who watch a video will remember it, compared to just 10% for text posts and 20% for images
- Video marketing is a great way to engage with your audience
- Videos can be used for many purposes, including product demonstrations and testimonials
- It’s important to keep videos short (under 2 minutes) so that viewers are more likely to watch the whole thing
- Make sure you have a good camera and lighting for best results
- Add closed captions to reach an even wider audience
- Utilize video to increase engagement
- Use social media marketing for videos
- Create a YouTube channel or Facebook page with professional content and branding
- Invest in professional equipment (cameras, microphones)
- Make sure your videos are easy to find on search engines
- Video marketing in the education industry is on the rise, with a predicted increase of up to 50% by 2020
- There’s been an increased demand for online learning courses because they are more convenient and cost-effective than traditional schooling
- Students from all over the world can take these courses without having to worry about transportation or childcare, which means that they’re accessible even if you don’t have a lot of money
- Video marketing is a great way to promote your product or service
- Use videos that are short and concise, use captions for viewers who can’t hear the video well
- Create an explainer video about your product or service- this type of video should be less than 2 minutes long
- Test different types of videos and see which one works best in terms of engagement
- Video is the most popular form of marketing
- Videos are more likely to be shared than other types of content, making them an effective way to reach a large audience
- Educators who use video in their marketing will see an increase in brand awareness and engagement with their target market
- Educators can create videos without any special equipment or skills by using tools like YouTube live stream, Google Drive Slides, or PowerPoint presentations
The utility of video marketing for the education sector is undeniable. The video is very efficient in capturing the audience and so include video in the marketing strategy and get the maximum benefits. The is an ultimate guide how video marketing strategies are using in Education Sector.