nowadays small-scale industries and business owners of larger enterprises moving their campaigns to live Video marketing. It gives three times loner live video compared to Facebook live Video. So people driving to Live Streaming video on YouTube. YouTube Live Streaming Video best practices can be found here.
Live online video is exploding, and many more social media channels are offering this technology. YouTube being the most significant marketplace for video, reserves its priority for marketers.
Table of Contents
- Now let’s briefly discuss the best practices for YouTube live streaming video:
- Best ways to entertain and engage your YouTube Live Stream Audience
- How YouTube Streaming Works?
- Live streaming on Youtube platform
- Using video streaming
- Mobile video streaming
- Tips while streaming your video on Youtube platform
Now let’s briefly discuss the best practices for YouTube live streaming video:
1) Multiple workflows provides better results. Operating through a single channel might not give the much-expected result whereas operating through multiple channels will give the desired results.
2) Using appropriate technology gives the best output, and the video will more like by the viewers. There are methodologies to use multiple videos (depending on the requirement) and using a switch will provide all the more attractive video. Though there are multiple brands offering video switches, you need to find out the best switch within your budget.
3) Encoding the software and hardware is required. The video needs to encoded into streaming at some time or the other. Encoding is done mostly at the place of incidence, but it can be done later ‘offshore’ as well. There are free (like Adobe, Ustream, Livestream, YouTube etc.) as well as paid software encoders (Telestream’s product Wirecast Pro coming at prices less than $1000). Hardware encoders are available at a cost of $10,000 to $50,000.
4) Format and bitrate to encode and distribute need to be finalized. Arguers are supporting single stream and multiple streams onsite. While single streaming comes at economical prices, multiple streaming requires more expensive encoders and higher bandwidth causing an increased cost of production.
5) Getting the video out (getting the video signal from the live event venue to a server that is doing remote streaming) is the most important and potentially challenging. Using public ISP is the common & cheapest approach. However, there are other options of using a satellite, fiber or of course the cellular technology.
6) Live streaming with closed captions: The FCC defines ‘near-live’ as a program that recorded less than 24 hours before it is shown on. As such live streaming must be captioned on the internet.
7) Proper testing of a live streaming video is to be done. You need to ‘test, test and test some more’ to ensure that the streaming is working to all your end-user devices.
8) Start the webcast earlier than the actual event starts. Promoting the player and URL much before the event will add weight to your streaming.
9) The conclusion of the streaming also requires proper attention. Streaming service providers offer the ability to program a reply.
10) Always have ‘Plan B’. Despite the best planning and execution, there are chances of failure. ‘Plan B’ will reduce your chances of failure and enables quicker recovery as well.
Best ways to entertain and engage your YouTube Live Stream Audience
According to some studies, our attention span is 8.25 seconds. In this short period, how to capture the attention of audiences, and to keep them engaged with YouTube live streaming? Live streaming is different than the usual videos that audiences watch online. Studies suggest that live streaming watched by people for more than fifty minutes. However, this need not be the same for all. Here are some tips that can be followed to increase engagement of the audience during live streaming.
1. Asking the viewers some questions will help keep them engaged.
2. Encourage the participants to discuss things in the sidebar.
3. Let the audience understands complex things by clarifying the doubts of the audience. Clarifying doubts can help involve the audience and stay them engaged.
4. Make the audience feel the live streaming important by sharing some special information that will only be available exclusively for a brief period.
5. Let the audience know about your live streaming at least two weeks before schedule. Promote the event through social media, through emails, etc.
6. The next live stream event can promote during the instant live streaming. This can increase subscriptions.
7. Choosing the correct day and time for live streaming is also important. Few days in the week such as Mondays and Fridays are not good for live streaming.
8. The live streaming engagement can be increased by recording the event and sharing it with people who might have missed it.
9. Try to greet the returning viewers. This helps in building a sense of community.
10. When some new person joins you try initiating the conversion to make them feel at home.
Focus on the quality of the live stream and improve with every stream the subscribers will come back if they find the stream interesting.
How YouTube Streaming Works?
In early days, watching a video is not in all fun because of poor internet speeds and connectivity. However, today, video watching has become an integral part of our lives. Video streaming capabilities have changed the entire world.
Live streaming on Youtube platform
Youtube is the best platform that streams the online content for its users. More than a billion active users are watching videos every day. YouTube is in great progress comparing year by year; the video quality and content norms have developed very well.
Along with the video recording and uploading on youtube platform, youtube was already started the live video streaming which plays a huge role in present video trends across the web.
Using video streaming
Youtube video streaming allows the Youtube partners to stream across the platform. It is allowing only partners to stream on its platform initially, but today it is available for all. It is available across three platforms; one is on the website, youtube gaming, youtube mobile application. Users can go live from any of these three options.
Google will record the live streams once you have completed your broadcasts. Users can access live streams and find related video clips. You can utilize the Youtube content ID system if you are content owner.
There is no significant difference between the desktop and mobile live setup. Your brand can broadcast immediately by selecting the ‘stream now’ option in live streaming section present in creator studio dashboard. The limit for recording is 12 hours for this type of format.
Users need to schedule the streams in advance and using the ‘Events ‘ section which allows you to have a preview to the stream before going live. Users can also stop and start the broadcast anytime.
Mobile video streaming
Streaming on mobile is a bit different from streaming on the desktop. You can just click on the ‘go-live “option after the selection of capturing button. The live chat is also available on Youtube while streaming your video live.
Once your live streaming is completed, your video will be added to your channel just like when you uploaded the regular video. You can set up the privacy options basing on your requirements. Once it is posted, you can get all the views, likes and the complete analysis of your video engagement.
You can check the analytics button when clicking on ‘live event video’ option. You can test the concurrent viewers, chatting rate, playbacks and average view duration.
Tips while streaming your video on Youtube platform
- Go for quality audio and video, so make sure you have enough equipment to deliver your audience the best.
- Make some early promotions. Then only you can reach the audience on living.
- Utilize social media platforms for your upcoming video streaming on YouTube and encourage them with some give always.
- Follow the recommended settings that are required for the live streaming.
- Plan to convey in a clear and precise way.
- Start your stream a few minutes early, so that it can help as a test or trial and can be better on time.
- Pay attention to the chatbox as interaction is significant to make the audience feel a real-time conversation with you on live.
- Add it to a playlist once you completed your live streaming on Youtube.
As YouTube live streaming is gaining increasing popularity, the marketer can plan and take maximum advantage of this social media. In this article, we have shortlisted ten best ideas for YouTube Live Streaming Video for better Growth of Your Business.