The visualizing entertainment had gained more importance today. People are more likely to watch different kinds of video types and content across the web through their smart devices. People are more excited to watch the video content that provides them with an immersive visual experience like VR technology and 360-degree videos and much more.
The video has become the primary media and medium for marketers, advertisers, creators and publishers. Especially creators are doing their best to put their efforts for the production of the best video content. The green screen using has become the most common today not only in movies but also using for the creation of YouTube video content too.
Table of Contents
- What is this green screen?
- Let us discuss the green colored background and green screen videos in detail.
- How to prepare a Green screen?
- Why green?
- DIY green screen making
- How to prepare a portable Green screen?
- How to make your green screen to work and How to use it?
- Tips to remember while using the green screen for your video
- How to make it work better?
What is this green screen?
Green screen is commonly used as a superimpose while shooting a video. If you are shooting a video with some single coloured background, you can replace the graphics or images and other effects with ease. So, for that purpose, these green coloured screens are utilised while shooting the video content.
These green colored screens are had been using since the 1930s. the green or blue coloured screens are used especially for the replacement of the solid coloured backgrounds behind the picture with a new background.
Let us discuss the green colored background and green screen videos in detail.
Before going into more details about the green screen videos, you must know about the Chroma Key. Yes, the chroma key is a technical term where the green background was prepared as a transparent and can be replaced with a right edited background.
How to prepare a Green screen?
Green screen is low cost and efficient method which can comfortably allow the filming. There will be no comprised of the creators for their creative effects and filming using the chroma key technique by the green screen.
These green screens are made up of a type of fabric or a solid material, and even cardboard painted with green colour. It is not at all expensive to prepare at home. Before making this green screen, you must understand the mechanism of working with the green screen.
Yes, this is the first question that blows our minds. Green is the colour which didn’t found in human and even in clothing. So, it is easy to separate and replace the other things. So, it is easy to work with the creators using the green screen.
DIY green screen making
• If you are a beginner and like to shoot a video on your own at your home studio with a low budget, then this is the crazy thing especially for you.
• Utilize the materials like stationery and other hardware that does not cost more to assemble the things.
• Buy some ten fluorescent sheets which are bright and a neon green chart paper and a duct tape.
• Paste the poster board and cover the entire wall with the green colored neon paper sheet.
• Make sure the entire wall is well covered with the green colored patch.
• Paste the two sheets in a horizontal way and maintain the ideal width.
• There must not be any bulges or unfilled parts on the wall.
• This procedure is very easy and comfortable where you can build the best indoor studio.
• Use good chroma key software for professional looking videos.
How to prepare a portable Green screen?
You can also prepare the portable green screens where you can carry the things in the much comfortable way. Here are the steps to follow for preparing the best portable green screen for your video shoot.
• Assemble or organize the same raw material which you have utilized for making the DIY home green screen setup.
• Use special foam core boards instead of poster boards so that the green sheets can get stuck in the foam core boards instead of poster boards.
• The foam core boards are very light in weight and are portable.
• Use the liquid glue or some adhesive spray.
• It may take up to six panels that can fold up.
• Do attach the both foam core boards with some duct tape.
• Left the remaining two separately without attaching them one another.
• Attach the larger two panels using a hook and an eye tape.
• The junctions will get support the larger panel and help in standing up.
Well, you finally learned about the DIY green screen and portable type preparation. Now, it’s time to explore how to utilize the green screen.
How to make your green screen to work and How to use it?
• Use the appropriate lighting in order to brighten the screen.
• Add some spotlight outside the green screen and prevent the green shadow the can illuminate the cast.
• Use some magenta colored light three feet away from the screen.
• This can act as a permanent marker.
• Use magenta light four feet away from the screen that directs just above the object.
• These lights can reduce the reflection of the green light on the subjects’ skin and other properties.
Tips to remember while using the green screen for your video
• Use bright colored green shade which is less saturated.
• If you are using a fabric, that must be smooth and non-reflective.
• Utilize the bulbs with high-intensity lighting which are around 500 watts.
• Place your lights at a 45-degree angle.
• Add lights if you feel the lights are insufficient.
How to make it work better?
• Utilize a good quality camera for better video output
• Shoot with an HD cam for green screen video.
• The formats like MP4, MOV will work better to shoot videos even for a phone camera.
• Good quality chroma key software is highly essential to get the best from the green screen.
• Utilize good software for the chroma key effects.
Finally, enjoy making the best Green screen videos with creative effects that can grab the viewer’s attention. Produce the high-quality video output and enjoy video making.