The media landscape is fragmented, and the audience is consuming digital media on multiple platforms and devices. The advertisers are also running campaigns across different platforms and devices. It has become more important now to measure accurately across different platforms to know the consumption habits of the audience to change the digital marketing plans accordingly. Here is the complete guide to Cross-platform Measurement.
Cross-platform measurement matters because it is important to know about true reach. Digital usage by people is increasing, and there are increased opportunities for exposure to the messages.
Billions of dollars are put into digital marketing, and it is not surprising that marketers and advertisers want transparency on how the audience can be measured across different platforms. Having established cross-platform measurement systems solves this issue.
Table of Contents
Why is Cross-platform Measurement necessary?
The marketers and advertisers must understand their audience to develop campaigns and content for multiple platforms. They must know who the audiences are, what they like and how they are interacting with the content.
Major players in the cross-platform measurement industry are the Nielsen and ComScore. These offer solutions for cross-platform audience measurement systems.
The habits of consumers keep shifting, and with that, the money also tends to shift. Advertisers are looking out for cross-platform measurement systems that will provide accurate and reflective details of what is going on across different platforms.
ComScore Cross-Platforms Measurement Solutions
There is still no standard system for cross-platform measurement. Measuring audience is easy if each platform had its established method. But the content is being published on several platforms.
- The number is going to increase further and measuring the audience on these platforms is becoming a complicated task.
- ComScore offers solutions that help their clients to reach the right audience, have a greater impact on the advertising.
- Advertisers and marketers can know their audience measurement using ComScore on multiple platforms and understand the consumption habits of the digital audience.
- There is also a feature of capture the mobile audience behavior on different mobile devices and different browsers and apps.
- Video Metrix is another feature of ComScore that provides transparent video measurement to ensure growth in success in the digital video marketplace.
- Cross-platform measurement is important for advertisers, agencies and content owners to know the ways people engage with content across platforms.
- ComScore offers solutions to deliver digital and TV consumption measurements.
- The four pillars of cross-platform measurement approach of ComScore are the granularity for precise measurement, understanding the unduplicated reach, buying and selling the TV to audiences and moving towards addressable future.
- The measurement is across mobile; networks connected to set up posed, home theatre, game consoles, wearables and others.
- Neilson Cross-platform measurement solutions
Nielsen offers solutions for audience measurement and provides data about how the consumers to connecting with the content and advertising. These insights can help to create content that the people will love and make the content a hit.
The cross-platform measurements are done to check how consumers are engaged with content across TV and internet. Online audience measurement, advertising effectiveness, data fusion, TV audience measurement, mobile audience measurement, the audio measure is how Neilson measures the audience.
Nielsen provides measurement solutions, rich data and deep insights that help their customers to understand the engagement of consumers across different platforms such as mobile, internet and television.
Cross-platforms Success Tips
Cross platforms marketing involves delivering a message across multiple platforms. Different platforms are used for different purposes.
- Some of them increase brand awareness, some work as funnel touch points, etc.
- To make cross-platform marketing a great success, the marketer must set their goals clear. Understand the role of each particular channel and platform.
- Marketers must understand the how valuable the campaigns are.
- They also must test which channel or platform are achieving optimum return on investment. They must choose a cross-platform measurement solution that delivers measurements that will not hamper the success of the campaign.
- New advertising options are popping up every day. Advertisers are overwhelmed by choices such as advertising on TV, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook. Cross-platform Measurement is important as valuable time and resources are used to develop content and to plan the media strategy.
- The marketers and the advertisers are constantly in doubt whether they are reaching the right audience.
- A few days ago, ComScore announced that it partnered with Sling TV to provide cross-platform advertising measurement for campaigns.
- ComScore is the first to offer measurable addressable television impressions across platforms including OTT.
- Sling advertisers now can get a view of campaigns across mobile, desktop, linear and connected TV impressions.
- To reach consumers with the right message at the right time, marketers must opt cross-platform campaign across the different channel which requires heavy investments.
- Success is not equal to every brand and marketers. Cross-platform measurement systems help the marketers to assess the performance using the actionable insights and guide future investments.
- Accurate data is vital for this. Census type data is not needed for measurement on all platforms.
- TV measurement is based on the details of how people are consuming content at home digital census tags are providing the viewing on digital devices from all the places.
Cross-platform campaigns are very beneficial, and these can be successful if the marketers can understand how different segments of the audience are consuming content on various platforms and optimize the marketing messages for each platform. Cross-platform measurement is very important for demonstrating ad or sales success across different platforms. Choose an established measurement firm to get the true insights.