There is no doubt that the king of streaming video is Netflix. The Company had serious competition from Amazon Prime Video service in recent years. Depending on your location Amazon Prime Video might have excellent content than other OTT streaming platforms. As Video streaming becomes even more mainstream, the OTT services are locked in an epic battle for your living room.
Table of Contents
- Amazon Prime Video Introduction
- How to set up an Amazon Prime Video profile
- How to find your Favorite videos
- How to check and set the video quality
- How to download content to watch offline
- How to build a Watchlist
- How to edit your watch history
- How to turn off Autoplay
- How to customize subtitles
- How to find extras with X-Ray
Amazon Prime Video Introduction
Amazon Prime Video is more like any other video streaming platform that is continuously adding new video content on its platform. Amazon Prime is a premium subscription service that gives Amazon shoppers a variety of perks. A regular Amazon premium subscription charges are $119 per year. Amazon offers exclusive discounts for its subscribers.
Amazon Prime video key offers its free two-day shipping on over 100 million eligible items. Amazon Prime includes Prime Instant Videos, Movies, and TV shows. Amazon Prime includes Prime Music and is less expensive than ad-free subscriptions to Apple Music, Spotify, and Google Play.
How to set up an Amazon Prime Video profile
Amazon Prime video is starting to roll out support for up to six user profiles, including a primary profile and five additional adult or child profiles.
The new Amazon Prime Video Profile Picker appears on the top-right corner of the homepage, and you can choose the country.
Prime Video support page describes that each profile offer watch history, separate recommendations, yearly progress, and watch list videos based on your previous viewing activity.
Amazon Prime Video users can create and manage Prime Video viewer profiles depending on their devices on the web, Android, and iOS versions of the Prime Video app.
Amazon Prime gives you additional benefits that it allows you to share your Prime benefits with one adult and up to four kids.
- Just add the members to your primary profiles.
- Open My Stuff from the bottom bar of the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Just Tap on the Plus or ‘+’ icon to create a new profile.
- These same steps can be applied for Prime Video on Amazon’s Fire tablets.
How to find your Favorite videos
Amazon prime gives you an option to watch on-demand videos through your web browsers and smartphones, tablet apps.
Regardless of any device, first, you need to have an Amazon Prime video login details to access the account.
The Prime content on the account is labeled as blue with free to watch on Prime Account.
If you are using computers, just search for the Titles you would like to watch and hit the Play button.
You can just hit the Pause button and continue that later. So, you cannot lose progress.
If you are using smartphone or Tablet apps, follow the same procedure to watch the Movies, here you have a benefit to downloading for offline use.
If you are using connected TV devices, you can stream with various alternatives to Chromecast devices and follow the same process to watch your favorite content.
How to check and set the video quality
Is your amazon prime video quality is very poor, Sometimes it will look like 480p or lower than that even you selected the high-quality video settings? Do follow this step.
- First, Sign In to your Amazon Prime Video account.
- Move on to the “Settings” and Choose Streams and Downloads option from that.
- It will display a list of options to choose the streaming quality.
- Select the “Stream Quality “option.
- Just tap on the “Best” quality streaming option among good, better, and data saver from the device.
- The best “Best “ is used at about 6.84GB per hour.
- By default setting, it will show as “data saver” mode, suddenly you lost the connection at that time you can stream this video.
How to download content to watch offline
Amazon Prime Video recently added the choice to download videos from the video catalog using the Amazon Video App on Android and iOS devices. Downloading content offline is a great new development for anyone trying to avoid the airlines’ unreliable, limited, or non-existent in-flight entertainment.
Downloading was only available on Kindle Fire HDX tablets previously. But now you can download videos on any Android or iOS devices.
This option can be played only through the Amazon Prime app, and it will disappear after a certain period after it completed playing.
Steps to Follow To download the videos
- To watch movies, browse the Titles, if they are with the amazon prime package, you can download it immediately.
- Once the Movie is ready, find the “Download” button and download it to your device.
- To watch TV shows, you must download it as a season.
- You can find the Download option next to every series.
- You will get a prompt message on how big you want to download; it depends on the storage capacity.
- Follow Amazon’s terms of service prohibit the use of a VPN.
- Downloading videos has no such restriction.
- You could watch them at any time offline.
How to build a Watchlist
Watchlist is a way to make a note of videos you may want to watch later on your Kindle Fire HDX. It is quite a hard thing to keep up with all the content in one place. Sometimes, you find some interesting content you don’t have time to watch right now. Here is the feature watchlist that comes handy.
When you add your Movies or TV shows to Watchlist, it shows in Two categories. Here are the steps on how to add any video to your Watchlist.
- Go to Amazon Prime video store and tap and hold the Video for a second.
- A pop-up menu appears with a lot of options.
- Just tap on the Add to Watchlist to add videos to your watchlist.
How to edit your watch history
Amazon Prime Video stores save your watch history from improving recommendations. If any show or Film you dislike has appeared on your screen. Now its time to clear your watch history.
Follow these below simple steps to manage your Amazon prime video watch history.
- First, open your Amazon prime video app on your device.
- Sign In to your Amazon Prime account with valid credentials.
- Next, go to account & settings.
- There you will find the option such as “watch history” as the last option and Tap on it.
- Now, clear the history by clicking on the X mark beside your link.
How to turn off Autoplay
Autoplay feature enables in the Amazon Prime that automatically plays the next episode in a series or the next movie from your watchlist.
If you find it hard to control the binge-watching urge, would you like to turn this feature off. Amazon Prime Video offers you to controls the turn off Autoplay.
- On Android devices, you can find the “Auto Play” toggle on the Settings.
- In the Amazon Prime website, you can find options under the Account & Settings.
- Just click on “Playback”, and its good to use this Amazon Prime Video settings.
- To turn off the Autoplay option while going to the Video Settings. Choose Player Preferences.
How to customize subtitles
Even if you are not hard of hearing problems, adding subtitles can still be useful. Many people know this feature is essential to improve their video views. Amazon Prime Video allows the viewers to customize the way of subtitles look. It’s as simple as go to your Prime Video settings page on the web to customize their look. Follow the below steps to customize.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your device.
- Log in with the right credentials and Pick an episode or movie you want to watch.
- Just Tap on the screen to bring controls on the screen.
- Next, click on the speech bubble icon on the top right.
- Choose any option available in the left column that is titled Subtitles.
- From the menu, select the subtitles and language to customize the subtitles and language.
How to find extras with X-Ray
Amazon is the most popular Movies site among the OTT services on the Web. Amazon has found a new way to leverage the film information, the website that offers extra content on Amazon Prime Video Amazon itself calls this feature ‘X-Ray.’
X-Ray feature allows the audience to see additional information about the film apart from the Titles such as director, actor, and other information about the content they are watching.
It will appear on screen with the Prime Video, and it will help and enrich the viewer’s knowledge about that video. You can access this X-Ray feature in various Prime Video apps depending on their platform.
- To access X-Ray content in your Amazon prime video
- First, Tap on your tablet screen.
Then click “up” arrow on your TV remote else if you are using computers. Just move your cursor while the video is playing.
- Cast and characters: It identifies actors in some of our movies and series, and it also identifies the characters.
- Trivia: It places interesting trivia at specific time points for customers while they watch
- Bonus content: Bonus video content is meant to explore the entertainment. It includes behind-the-scenes high-resolution stills, set designs, concept art, among others.
You don’t need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to access the content on Amazon Prime Video, but these tips will definitely help the Amazon prime video users. Without any kind of monthly payment, you can still rent and buy Movies or TV shows on a pay-as-you-go basis. we found the above list of Amazon Prime Video tips and tricks to make your experience better than ever.