YouTube has recently launched a new feature that allows users to upload short videos. This is an exciting development for YouTube, which already attracts millions of viewers every day. Many wonder how this change will affect the future of online video sharing and whether it can compete with other popular social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
YouTube has a ton of great content, but sometimes you want to watch something really quick without having to open up another tab. That’s why YouTube is adding short videos that will play directly on the homepage.
You can even choose from a few different categories like science and music! This feature is rolling out globally over the next couple of weeks, so keep checking your homepage for updates!
Table of Contents
What is YouTube Shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a new way to connect with an audience using just their smartphone and the YouTube app. With these easy-to-use creation tools, you can create short-form videos up to 60 seconds long on multi-segment cameras like iPhones or Androids!
YouTube Shorts is a new platform for short videos that lives within the main YouTube app. It has been released in hopes of taking on TikTok, which many people love using because it’s easy and fun!
However, unlike this app where you have separate apps or accounts just for your shortness needs (and sometimes both), everything about “Shorts” will be available right from its original home: Your phone’s screen. No additional downloads are required. You can use it as soon as you download all those incredible.
YouTube Shorts is a new platform that lets you make and share short videos from the comfort of your phone. It’s different from TikTok.
How to watch YouTube Shorts
Check and choose the popular thumbnails for your shorts. Clicking on any allows you to watch the clip and find more great videos like it!
On YouTube, you can find a selection of short videos on the app’s homepage. When clicked, they open up in a vertical video player for quick viewing.
YouTube Shorts Fund
YouTube Shorts Fund is a channel that uploads videos every month! The channel provides funding for creative projects of all kinds.
YouTube Shorts Fund is a $100M fund that will be distributed over 2021-2022.
YouTube Shorts Strategies for Brands
- Interview a YouTube personality, ask them questions about their life
- Create a video that explains your brand’s mission and values
- Have employees share what they do for the company in a video format
- Share behind-the-scenes footage of your office space or work environment
- Create a channel for your brand
- Use YouTube to market your products and services
- Make videos that are relevant to the viewers of your channel
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world
- More than 1 billion people visit YouTube each month
- Brands can use YouTube videos to create awareness, drive traffic to their website, and build loyalty among customers
- There are many ways brands can leverage their videos on YouTube, including collaborating with influencers or running branded playlists
- Create a channel and regularly upload to grow your audience
- Use annotations to link viewers from one video to another or provide more information about what they’re watching
- Include a call-to-action in your videos that tells people what you want them to do next
- Identify your target audience and develop content for them
- Use keywords to help people find your videos on the platform
- Upload regularly, but not too often (every 2-3 weeks)
- Share other brand’s content (with permission) to build relationships
- Leverage YouTube’s latest features, like live streaming and 360-degree videos
- Make sure you have a great thumbnail that accurately represents your video content
- Use annotations to link viewers to other videos on your channel or website
- Use the “additional information” section of the description box for essential details about your video
YouTube Short videos are a new type of video that quickly become the next big thing for brands. These short and engaging videos take just seconds to watch but can leave an impression on your customers in ways other types of content might not be able to do.
Have you tried any YouTube Shorts yet? What was your experience like when you used them with your audience? If this sounds intriguing or if you want help figuring out how best to use these video snippets, contact us today to see how we can work together!