YouTube is the largest video-sharing platform with billions of followers. The Popularity of the platform continues to grow and many people made this a platform to earn money. There are some YouTubers who are greatly successful and are earning millions of dollars every year. However, the number of people who achieved success on YouTube is not very high. Now comes the question is taking YouTube as a career viable for the younger generations?
Here are few positives
There are many people who achieved success on YouTube. YouTube revealed that thousands of channels are making steady revenue. The revenues are growing and will continue to grow in the future, says YouTube. With the number of advertisers increasing, fill rates and CPMS are also going to rise.
Running a YouTube channel and achieving success is a time-consuming process. This is nothing less than running a small business. Depending on the niche and the type of channel, the time one has to spend differs. It is not advisable to take YouTube as a career, many people say because the internet is fickle and it is prone to change. We cannot rule out the fact that someday YouTube may fail, even if it is a huge site, and dethroning it is not easy.
Most people begin YouTube channels to share their skills and as a hobby and to earn some money on their hobby. Even if a YouTube channel has a large subscriber base, we cannot say the subscribers are going to be stable in the future also. YouTube can be a great place to start a career but will not work as a long-term career.
People love to watch a YouTube series in the beginning and follow it until the interest fades away. This explains why one cannot depend on YouTube to support themselves. If they start making money, it is well and good and they should save and invest wisely.
YouTube is not an easy job. One has to invest time and effort to get success. Success does not come overnight. Coming up with new ideas for YouTube is taxing. Success depends on how good you are at creating. Making few dollars is easy and can be done with basic equipment. Generating enough revenue to support yourself and your family from YouTube is challenging. This feat is achieved by only a small percentage of YouTubers. Here are few reasons why making money on YouTube is challenging.
- There is extreme competition. More than Three to Four Hundred hours of video are uploaded per minute on this platform.
- There are millions of videos that won’t get little or no attention at all.
- YouTube started the idea of Paid YouTube channel a few years ago.
- Viewers have to pay a monthly subscription to view the content on this channel. But very few paid channels are up and running now.
- The amount content creators get is only a portion of what advertisers pay. 45% of the gross revenue generated goes to YouTube.
- Ads do not run on every video view. And so all the views on the YouTube video are not monetized.
Some other people say YouTube is not going to fail as it is the favorite platform for sharing the content and there are lots of people to watch the content. In order for YouTube to fail there needs to be another big site that can make the content creators move to it. There are both positives and negatives to making YouTube a career for young generations. It is possible to generate revenue but making serious cash is pretty tough.
The YouTube career is a viable option for young people because they can make videos and earn money. Some of the top YouTubers are very young and have millions of subscribers.
Of course, it is. You can make money through YouTube and use that to support your family or pay for your education. You also get a lot of experience by doing this, which will help you in the future when you’re looking for a job.
It is a viable alternative to the typical office job. You can work remotely, and you have more flexibility in choosing when you want to work. It can be perfect for those who are not fond of regular 9-5 jobs.
Disadvantages of YouTube as a Career
- YouTube is not a stable career
- There are few opportunities for growth on YouTube
- It’s hard to make money from the ads that play before your videos
- People can steal your video content and use it without giving you credit or payment
- The pay isn’t great, and you only get paid when your video gets ads
- You don’t have the freedom to make whatever videos you want, like a traditional TV show or film director
- You need to be “viral” for people to see your videos
- YouTube is a difficult platform to monetize
- YouTube’s algorithms can make it hard for your videos to be seen by new viewers
- You have less control over your content than you would with traditional media outlets
- It can be hard to build an audience on YouTube, so you may not get as many views
- You need to have a lot of time and dedication to make it work
- You need good equipment, such as camera gear
- many other people want the same job you do
- You have to put in the work- hours of editing, creating content, and networking will be required before you start making money
- YouTube has an income ceiling- it’s unlikely that you’ll ever make as much on YouTube as someone who does other forms of video production or entertainment
Advantages of YouTube as a Career
- YouTube is a global platform, making it easier to build an audience
- You can upload videos at any time and schedule them for the future
- The YouTube algorithm is constantly changing, so you never know what will be trending next
- There are many ways to monetize your channel- from running ads before or during your videos to using Patreon or other crowdfunding sites
- You can make money off your videos, either through ads or sponsorships
- It’s a way to express yourself and show your creativity
- There are no limits to what you can do on YouTube- you can upload anything from tutorials to vlogs to music videos
- YouTube is free to use
- You can make a living off of it if you have enough followers and your videos are monetized
- It’s easy for anyone to get started, as all you need is a camera, phone or computer
- There are no set hours; you’re in charge of when and how much content you produce
- YouTube is the second most used search engine in the world, behind Google
- There are endless opportunities to better your skills with YouTube’s Creator Academy
- Additional income streams like Adsense and merchandise sales help supplement your earnings from videos
- It’s accessible on any device- desktop computer, tablet, or phone
- You can work from anywhere
- There are plenty of opportunities to make money on YouTube, such as through ads and paid partnerships with brands
- You can build a following that will support you in your endeavors
While it is true that the YouTube career may not be for everyone, there are plenty of young people who have found success and fulfillment on the platform. In fact, one study showed that a whopping 20% of those under 25 with incomes less than $25K per year make their living primarily off of creating content on YouTube. With so many earning potentials available in this space–from advertising to merchandise sales there’s no reason why you couldn’t find your niche too. So if you’re worried about whether or not your generation can succeed as video creators, don’t be! We’ll show you how anyone can start a successful channel today.
Students need to be aware of the potential for YouTube careers. The future doesn’t have to look as bleak as it may seem. If you’re a student who wants to pursue your passion for art or entertainment, this is good news! You don’t have to feel like there’s no opportunity out there if you want to make videos on YouTube and earn money from them. There are many ways that students can use their creativity online while also earning an income either part-time or full-time through various opportunities available on the internet today.