Making videos may be a favorite pastime for many, and this can be used as a creative career also. For whatever reasons, the videos are made, these video clips and earn you a little bit of income. There may be people who want video footage for different purposes. Royalty-free stock video footage is significantly in demand. Buying and selling of video stock online have become a very lucrative industry on the internet.
Table of Contents
Guide to Video Stock Online
With web video gaining momentum, video editors made stock video a part of their toolkit. In the last few years, the volume of online stock footage increased and this created opportunities for video editors to make use of the this.
A variety of video content is now available online and the quality and price of these videos vary.
These are video clips that are shot by either amateur photographers or the professionals. It is common for producers to buy purchase royalty free video clips from registered video stock companies.
How to Buy Video Stock Online
Sometimes it is easy to buy stock online than to shoot the own video. This can be cheap and sometimes high-quality video stock is available that can use to meet the purpose without spending thousands of dollars on creating it.
There are few sites that offer high-quality video clips.
Shutterstock offer high-quality videos clips that are affordable. It has more than one million videos.
iStockPhoto is another site where you can buy videos for affordable prices and the site also offers free monthly video also.
To buy video stock online, you can visit Pond5 which has more than two million videos. The price range starts from $5. Large varieties of videos are available to suit any budget.
Videohive is the place video providers upload the stock footage. There are wide range of videos to choose from different prices.
To buy video stock footage of historical events BBC Motion Gallery is the best place.
You have to pay the price based on the terms of video usage and the length of the video. Footage.net offers stock footage from many companies.
How to Sell Video Stock Online
Content supply companies look for many types of video stock online. The only criteria for the companies to buy the video stock are, the clips should be unique.
If the videos clips are common, there will be fewer takers for them.
High definition video is the minimum standard and the minimum resolution buyer expect for a video clip is 1920 x 1080 pixels.
To sell the video stock, research what the content companies are looking for so that you can work with them.
Most content companies offer file transfer protocol service so that large video files can be transferred or they will assist to get the large video files uploaded to the site.
It is also possible to advertise the video stock through a blog, Twitter, YouTube or a Facebook page. You can also leave your video stock with sites such as iStock.
The content companies that look for the stock video online prefer that the video clips are created without sound.
There should not be any off-camera voices. No background music should also be included.
The stock video industry is growing and there is room for all those who are serious to make money. The price of this video footage varies from clip to clip.
Video stock online is a fast alternative for those who cannot produce the video footage themselves.
The secret to Buy and Sell Video Stock Online:
- Create a free account on Vidsy
- Search for videos that are either in the public domain or have been released under Creative Commons licensing
- Upload your video to Vidsy and customize it with music, captions, and clips from other sources
- Share your video on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter
- Find video stock to buy
- Upload videos to your account
- Set the price for each video clip you upload and add a description of what the video is about
- Sell them on sites like Fiverr, Videohive
- Create a video
- Upload it to YouTube and other sites for free
- Sell the video stock to businesses or individuals
- Find a video stock website
- Upload your videos to the site and organize them into categories
- Search for videos that you want to buy or sell
- Make sure you are uploading high-quality videos with good sound quality, which will make it easier to find buyers or sellers
- Find a stock video that is in the Creative Commons
- Buy it at $0 and sell it for a profit of your choosing (don’t go over $20)
- Sell your videos to businesses, TV shows, or anyone who needs them
- Find a video stock site that will allow you to sell
- Upload your videos and set up the pricing
- Once you have uploaded your videos, wait for customers to purchase them
- Make sure to include all of the required information on the invoice, such as order number, customer name, and date
- Find a video you want to sell
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Create an Ad for your video with your desired price and ask people to contact you if they’re interested in buying it
- Wait for someone to email or message you about buying the video
- Find a video that is in demand
- Upload the video to YouTube and get it ranked on Google
- Buy the rights to distribute the video through your site or someone else’s if you’re not interested in doing all of this work yourself
- Buy stock videos from a reputable site
- Sell your videos on a video marketplace like Videohive or Creative Market
- Sign up to one of these websites and start uploading
- Create quality, original content that people want to buy
- Upload your videos and images
- Choose the license for each image or video you upload
- Set pricing for your items and set up an account with PayPal to receive payments from customers
- Promote your videos by linking them throughout social media and email marketing campaigns