Apple developed a technology for live streaming and to deliver on-demand video and this is called the HTTP live streaming. HTTP live streaming was developed to deliver video content to the devices that run on iOS.
But now it supports other devices also. The HTTP Live Streaming technology uses HTTP protocol. Users who opt for live streaming need not stream media with their specialized streaming server but can use their regular web server for this purpose.
Table of Contents
- HTTP Live Streaming
- HTTP Live Streaming Server
- HTTP Live Streaming Android & iOS
- HLS Streaming Server Trends
- What is HLS streaming:
- HTTP Live Streaming Platforms:
- HTTP Live Streaming Trends:
- This is why HTTP Live Streaming is turning heads
- Want to know more about HTTP Live Streaming?
- WebRTC lets you broadcast and record live video on your website
- Ever heard of HTTP Live Streaming?
- Do you know about HTTP Live Streaming?
- There’s a new future on the internet
- What is HTTP Live Streaming?
- Learn the basics of HTTP Live Streaming
- Essentials Things to consider HTTP Live Streaming
- HTTP Live Streaming Benefits
HTTP Live Streaming
HTTP live streaming offers features that help it to make the best choice for live streaming as well as for delivering recorded video. This technology supports fast forward and reverses playback in the I-frame playlist. Greater security is offered with the usage of sample-level encryption.
Discontinuity markers help to insert ads in the live streaming. It is also possible to embed usage of closed captions in the MPEG-2 transport stream. WebVTT format is supported in subtitles.
HTTP live video technology also supports different audio renditions in different language soundtracks and different video renditions also. Different quality content is delivered to different users watching the video on different devices.
In case the playlist fails to load, the technology helps the player to attempt to serve similar playlists from another server. HTTP live streaming users can also use the timed Metadata to insert an audio stream or album art during the live streaming.
HTTP Live Streaming Server
Streaming any content online including live streaming requires a live streaming server. Audiences prefer to access the streaming services uninterruptedly and they want the quality of the video to be high also.
The streaming video providers required reliable and capable live streaming servers. However, using HTTP needs no separate streaming server. The streaming servers offered by Abode, Microsoft, RealNetworks, and Wowza are supported by HTTP live streaming protocol.
HTTP Live Streaming Android & iOS
Playing videos is one of the popular activities on various android devices. However all android devices beyond the 4.2 version lack support for HTTP live streaming. The best way to support HLS streams on Android devices is to use a fallback RTSP stream. This way there is no need to use the Flash. A flash plug-in used for this task. There are some issues with HTTP live streaming on android devices.
Some of the known issues are like this. In the Android Lollipop version, if the domain name has an underscore, then playback fails. If the token authentication is turned on, the playback fails in the Lollipop version. If HLS is still live, the DVR feature is not supported by Android.
Download the HTTP live streaming tools from the Apple store. Become a member of the iOS developer program to access the tools. Events and Video on demand are the types of sessions that are supported by HTTP Live Streaming.
HLS Streaming Server Trends
HTTP Live Streaming is a streaming format based on MPEG2. This technology helps in advanced streaming to the iOS devices.
HLS is successful because of many reasons and one of them is because of the multiple documents that Apple has created. You can access the HLS resources on HTTP Live Streaming Master page.
What is HLS streaming:
Every user has their various network connection, different device resolution types, and viewing preference. HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) delivers a very smooth viewing experience without buffering interruptions by adjusting the video quality of the stream in Live based on network speed among the user settings. HLS is a popular video streaming protocol that is used to transmit audio and video content from a server to the user with the help of the internet.
HTTP Live Streaming Platforms:
HTTP Live streaming While caching of HTTP live via the CDNs is common for the open networks. It is challenging to deploy efficiently within private networks, such as those operated by other entities. The Larger individual systems interconnect with the multiple network segments, geographical representation, and distributed offices with fixed VPN links. Here are the few popular HTTP live streaming platforms.
- IBM Cloud Video.
HTTP Live Streaming Trends:
- OTT Adoption is overgrowing as viewers are converting to card cutting.
- The mobile role in streaming defines the future of streaming.
- It increased the live streaming business collaborations.
- Spike in increased for marketing and eCommerce business.
- Social media are dominating live streaming.
- It increased Lot of video and surveillance.
This is why HTTP Live Streaming is turning heads
- It’s for everyone
- It’s easy to set up and use
- It works on all internet connections
Want to know more about HTTP Live Streaming?
- HTTP Live streaming is the future of live video; it’s portable, scalable, and SEO friendly
- HTTP Live Streaming enables unauthenticated access, so it’s perfect for free public events
- HTTP Live Streaming can be used with any web server, so it’s great for small businesses who need a powerful video solution now.
Learn how to get it set up yourself here.
WebRTC lets you broadcast and record live video on your website
- What’s the best way to monetize your online audience?
- How do I start making money from my website and online videos?
- This is how you get more traffic for free
- Live video is the future of the internet
Ever heard of HTTP Live Streaming?
- It’s the new gold rush in social media
- You can get on before the masses
- It’s extremely profitable and has are a high barrier to entry
Do you know about HTTP Live Streaming?
- It’s a new feature that allows you to stream video content without the need for a plugin or app install.
- This can help you grab the attention of people who only use their mobile devices for everything.
There’s a new future on the internet
- It’s called HTTP Live Streaming
- And it’s going to change video forever
- It already has. That’s why you need to grab this mastery course
Here’s how to access it right now… to make your videos more social.
What is HTTP Live Streaming?
- It sends video over HTTP
- It’s free to use (no Flash Player needed)
- Important features of an HLS player
- Useful settings for HLS video on mobile devices
Live streaming on Facebook LIVE using a cell phone. This time we will use a camera
- Use HTTP Live Streaming as an alternative to Adobe Media Server on your desktop.
- Use HTTP Live Streaming for cost-effectiveness vs. setting up and maintaining AMS.
- Use HTTP Live Streaming to integrate with an existing
Learn the basics of HTTP Live Streaming
- Explain the benefits
- You can stream IOS, Android, Mac, PC, & HTML5
- HTTP is robust and secure
- You use a simple link that can be tweeted or email/texted
HTTP Live Streaming is a way of sending content from a web server to an iOS device over HTTP
- The iOS device asks your web server what’s new
- The iOS device requests whatever is new
- Your streaming server sends real-time chunks of your live video.
Essentials Things to consider HTTP Live Streaming
- It’s not like you, Roy, had much to do with it
- I like how your green box is touching my purple box
- KPI’s? Are they kidding?
- Playwright Of The Year? Would I lie to you?
- CTA: Here’s the best part of this story to watch over and over and over again.
- The Ultimate Instagram Strategy
HTTP Live Streaming Benefits
- Increased security
- Improved performance
- There are a variety of benefits associated with HTTP live streaming.
- Ignite Your Imagination
HTTP Live Streamsallow you to stream content to mobile devices
Advanced featuresare a plus
- The most compatible streaming service
- You can stream up to 4K video without quality degradation
- HLS is adaptive, i.e., it constantly monitors the network conditions and adjusts the bit rate accordingly.
- The bitrate too can be changed depending on whether the media player is connected to a wired or wireless connection. It supports adaptive
- Save money on content delivery
- Serve ads at any time
- Re-use existing video infrastructure
- Strengthen the customer experience
- It provides a live stream to your device
- Clients stream only the content that they demand
- It is a scalable technology
- Delivers high-quality video
- Able to simultaneously broadcast to different devices
- Provides higher profitability for content providers
- Enables real-time interaction between the viewer and content
- Live streaming is completely free
- Live video allows more interaction with viewers
- Ad revenue for live video can be higher than pre-recorded video
- No longer need to trans-code
- Save money on bandwidth
- The flexibility of over-the-top delivery
- The same quality of live video you would see on TV
- Easy to use
- Works with any device
- Easy to configure
- Improves customer experience
- Improves SEO
- Sharper image quality
- Works with YouTube
- Helps deliver live high definition video with less bandwidth
- Reduces costs, thus reducing prices for customers
- Provides better quality of service
- Save bandwidth
- No Buffering
- Multiple streams on one page
- HLS is compatible with most devices
- It can provide better stream qualities under network conditions.
- It is cost-effective to use.
- Ensuring lower cost for channels
- Improving the quality of online videos
- Reaching customers on multiple devices
- It doesn’t require any large storage space
- Lower production cost
- Measurable communication through the live event
- Move forward and backward
- Can be viewed on any device
- Live servers can see via RTMP
- Encodes a separate audio track
- Good Performance
- Easy to Set Up
- Low Cost
- Live Broadcasting
- Better efficiency
- Better video quality
- Lower latency
- Less buffering
- Support for most major browsers and platforms
- The quality of the stream is typically higher due to delivery segments
- Not reliant on an always-on Internet connection
With Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), you can stream your video to almost any device—on any network.
HTTP Live Streaming, or HLS, is an adaptive bit-rate streaming protocol that allows media to be delivered to viewers via supported web browsers and mobile devices.
Built to offer the advantages of live streaming while still supporting your viewers, HTTP Live Streaming is a developer’s dream.
It works with most major browsers and platforms, so it’s a simple process to watch your product stream live and on-demand.
HTTP Live Streaming supports most major browsers and platforms, including iOS Safari, Safari for Mac OS X, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera
The server delivers the stream in segments, which means you can pause or stop playback for a bit of a while without losing data.