Vertical videos are taking over the advertising landscape, and it’s time to figure out if you’re ready. This is not a drill mobile devices, specifically, smartphones, have disrupted everything we knew about marketing and media consumption. Vertical video ads offer viewers an immersive experience that will keep them watching longer than traditional horizontal videos. In fact, vertical video ads get up to 2x more engagement on Instagram Stories than horizontal ones! So what can you do? Start planning your next campaign with these tips for success from our experts.
Vertical videos are taking over the advertising landscape, and recent studies have shown that they are more engaging to viewers than their traditionally horizontal counterparts. With this in mind, you need to consider your options when deciding how to best market your products or services.
The trend of vertical video has become a significant player in the advertising world. With many people watching videos on their phones, these formats are taking over screens and becoming more popular for advertisers. In this blog post, we’ll explore how vertical video ads have taken over the landscape and what they can offer your company’s marketing strategy.
Table of Contents
What is a Vertical Video?
Vertical videos are videos that have been shot in portrait orientation. It is more common than one might think, and if done properly, it can add a sense of urgency to your content.
A vertical video is a video that has been shot in portrait mode instead of landscape.
A vertical video is a short, sharp piece of content that grabs your audience’s attention. They’re great for ad campaigns and can be shared easily on social media platforms like Twitter.
A vertical video is a type of video where you hold the camera vertically. They are not as popular as horizontal videos but can be very interesting and engaging.
Why Vertical Videos Ads?
Vertical videos are the new generation of watchable, shareable video content. They can be viewed on mobile devices and consume less time than traditional videos.
Vertical videos have been proven to be more engaging than horizontal ones. In fact, they can increase brand recall from 20% to 90%.
Vertical videos on mobile perform better because our thumbs aren’t very good at scrolling from a horizontal view to a vertical one.
Vertical videos ads are better than regular ones because they can be viewed easily on mobile devices, the most popular way to view content.
Vertical videos ads are the best because they take up less space, and you can fit more in view. You can make them for a low cost, and it is easy to advertise on social media using vertical video ads.
Rise of Vertical Video Ads on Social Media
Vertical video ads have been trending recently, especially on social media.
According to Social Media Today, vertical video is one of the most engaging types of content you can post on social media.
Most of people watch videos with the help of their smartphones. With this in mind, people are attracted to vertical video ads because they take up less space and can be watched using other apps.
People are spending more time on mobile devices than ever before. According to ComScore, in November 2016, mobile accounted for 62% of internet users globally. While the mobile landscape is becoming increasingly complex, one thing remains constant: video rules supreme.
It’s a little surprising to see a rise in vertical video ads on social media, but it makes sense. Vertical videos look great on mobile phones and are more likely to be watched because they take up the entire screen.
Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram have started to show more vertical video ads. Vertical videos are most commonly seen in social media feeds with a thumbnail that is one or two times larger than the standard square or rectangular format.
Social media users see more and more vertical video ads. This is because they take up so much space on the screen, and companies can get their message across with a photo and text-based ad.
Vertical video ads tend to see higher completion rates than horizontal ones because they’re easier to watch.
Social media is becoming more and more popular. Many people are using it every day to keep in touch with friends, family, etc.
Will vertical video take over?
People love to post vertical videos, and that’s because it makes your phone screen look more significant. However, many people think we’re going to go back to the normal way of recording a video soon.
You can try vertical video if you want, but I think it’s too much work.
The Pros and Cons of choosing Vertical over Horizontal
Vertical videos are great because they allow us to capture more of what’s going on around the video. In comparison, horizontal videos will only show a small part of what’s happening in the scene.
Vertical Video is great for showing off an item that’s tall, such as a pair of sneakers. Horizontal video is best used to show more than one product in the frame and capture valuable details about your products.
Vertical videos take up less space on your mobile device and require fewer taps to play. They’re also easier for users who wear glasses to watch because their eyes don’t have as far to move across the screen.
Success stories of Vertical Video Advertising
- Vertical video ads can increase engagement by up to 55%
- They’re also more likely to be watched in full and for longer periods
- A study found that vertical video ads were viewed for an average of 2 minutes and 45 seconds, while horizontal videos were only viewed for 1 minute and 30 seconds
- Vertical video ads have been shown to have a higher completion rate than horizontal videos
- Vertical video ads are more likely to be watched with sound on, which helps brands reach their audience better
- In-feed vertical video ads can increase engagement by up to 50%
- Brands that use vertical video advertising see an average of a 12% lift in ad recall and 10% lift in brand awareness
- Vertical video ads are a great way to make your message stand out
- They’re also more engaging and watchable than traditional videos
- Vertical video ads can be watched in the same amount of time as a horizontal ads, but they feel like they last longer because viewers don’t have to keep scrolling up and down on their phone screens
- Verticals allow you to show more information about your product or service without making it seem cluttered
- Vertical video ads have been shown to increase brand awareness by 80%
- Vertical video ads are more likely to be watched with sound on
- Vertical video ads can lead to a 20% higher purchase intent compared to horizontal videos
- The average time spent watching vertical videos is 2x longer than other types of videos
- Vertical video adverts are 55% more likely to be watched in full
- Vertical video ads have a higher completion rate than horizontal ones
- The smaller screen size of vertical videos means they can fit into tighter spaces, meaning you can use them for banner ads on websites or social media posts.
The landscape of advertising is changing rapidly. With the introduction of vertical videos, marketers are finding new ways to convey their message and stand out in a crowded marketplace. If you’re interested in how Vertical Video Advertising can help your marketing strategy, let us know! We offer high-quality video production services that will make any business look great online or offline. Contact our team today for more information on what we have available at affordable prices!