YouTube is a great way to share your content with the world. But, getting started can be challenging. We will give you over 100 actionable strategies to help you get started. So, what are you waiting for? Start growing your YouTube channel today!
Almost everyone has a YouTube channel these days. And, if you’re like most people, getting your first 1000 subscribers is a top priority. We will share over 100 actionable strategies to help you get there quickly. So, whether you’re just starting or you’ve been at it for a while and haven’t seen the results you want, this post is for you!
Actionable Strategies to Get Your First 1000 YouTube Subscribers
- Create a channel that is about your passion or expertise
- Find out what type of content will work best for you
- Consider how often to post videos on your channel daily, weekly, monthly?
- Choose the right thumbnail size and format for each video, so it stands out in search results
- Use tags to improve the discoverability of your videos- include keywords related to the topic of the video and any products or services offered in it
- Upload content that is relevant to your audience’s interests
- Get viewers to subscribe by making your videos exciting and engaging
- Interact with other channels in the same niche as you this will help build relationships and increase awareness of your channel
- Upload quality content that is engaging and informative while also being entertaining
- Promote your videos on other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to get more exposure
- Use tags in the description of your video to make it easier for people to find your content when searching for keywords related to the topic you are discussing
- Interact with commenters by answering their questions or concerns to build a relationship with them
- Use keywords in your titles, descriptions, and tags to make it easy for people to find you
- Promote your videos by emailing bloggers, vloggers, and other influencers who might want to share them with their audiences
- Create a YouTube channel that is consistent with your brand
- Upload videos regularly, at least once per week
- Use keywords in the title of your video to help it rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPS)
- Interact with other YouTubers by creating comments and sharing their content on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter
- Make sure you have enough followers before you start promoting your videos this will make them more likely to be seen because they are being shared by someone who already has an established following
- Make sure your YouTube channel is set up properly, including an intro video and profile picture
- Turn on your notifications so you can respond to comments quickly
- Post videos regularly, but not too often- about 1 per day or every other day should be fine
- Have a plan for what kind of content you want to post before you start uploading videos- it’s important to have variety, so people don’t get bored watching the same thing over and over again!
- Engage with viewers by responding to comments, posting replies back in the comment section of your videos, or mentioning them in unrelated posts.
- Make sure your videos are at least 15 minutes long
- Upload one video per week, with consistent release dates
- Add annotations to every video you upload so people can find them in search results and on other channels
- Use social media to promote your videos and get more views
- Use the right keywords in your video titles and descriptions to ensure that you rank highly on YouTube’s search engine
- Give viewers a reason to subscribe by making sure there is an incentive for them to do so- this could be something like exclusive content, early access, or discounts
- Make sure your videos are relevant and relatable- don’t make it too personal or talk about things that may not be of interest to others
- Create a compelling thumbnail image for your videos with strong colors and graphics that will stand out from other thumbnails
- Create videos that are relevant and interesting to your target audience
- Encourage people who like your videos to subscribe by adding a Subscribe button on each page of your channel
- Post new videos as often as possible ideally once per week or more if possible
- Engage with other YouTubers in the comments section of their videos or through direct messaging
- Get subscribers from other channels by commenting on their videos, mentioning them in yours, or collaborating with them
- Create “subscribe to my channel” cards for people you meet at events or who follow you on social media so they can subscribe to your channel without having to search for it again
- Post the same video more than once don’t be afraid of posting multiple times in a day!
- Find a niche that you’re passionate about
- Promote your channel and videos to the people in your niche
- Respond to comments from viewers and subscribers, especially if they mention something you can improve upon or don’t understand
- Use YouTube’s tools for analytics and optimization
- If you have a blog, post YouTube videos on the blog to get your first few subscribers
- Create a catchy and informative video title that will entice people to click and watch
- Make sure your video thumbnail is eye-catching and matches the content of your video
- Write an enticing description for each video that will make viewers want to watch it right away
- Include links in these descriptions so viewers can find more information about what you’re talking about or where they can buy products mentioned in the video
- Put annotations on certain parts of your videos so viewers know when they should pause or take action
- Make sure the content you are posting is relevant and not spammy
- Use hashtags in all of your posts, especially when tagging other people’s videos
- Comment on popular videos with similar tags or by asking questions about them- this will show up as an “upvote” for the original poster, and they may reply to you with advice or share their video related to what you commented on
- Share your videos on Facebook groups related to your topic
- Set up your channel and optimize it for search engine optimization
- Make sure to have a compelling title, description, and cover photo
- Upload quality videos that are on-brand with your target audience’s interests
- Ask friends and family to subscribe (this is one of the best ways to get organic views)
- Create a YouTube channel and upload videos of yourself talking about the niche
- Start making friends on YouTube by commenting on other people’s videos, liking their comments, and sharing them with your network
- Spend time engaging with your audience in the comments section of your videos to build a relationship with them
- Strategically use hashtags that are relevant to your video so it will show up in more searches for those terms
- Pick out your username, channel name, and cover photo
- Upload videos that are at least five minutes long with high-quality sound and visuals
- Add captions to your videos for accessibility purposes
- Make sure you have an email list set up before you start uploading content to YouTube
- Keep in mind that there is no magic number when it comes to subscribers- the more subscribers you get, the easier it will be to grow your audience
- Add a call-to-action button in your video descriptions
- Interact with users in the comments section of your videos.
So there you have it, over 100 actionable strategies to help you get your first 1000 YouTube subscribers.
While some of these tactics may be more effective than others for your specific channel, using them will give you the best chance at success.
And don’t forget, if you need help implementing any of these strategies or want someone to bounce ideas off of, contact us!
We offer YouTube growth consulting and would love to help you take your channel to the next level. Thanks for reading, and we wish you all the best on your subscriber journey!