Thumbnails are like book covers for videos. YouTube Thumbnails inspire the audience to click and watch the videos. They are the deciding factors for watching a video. The goal of thumbnails is to gain the attention of the audience. A thumbnail must portray the video content, the thumbnail must excite the audience to watch the video and these should help to draw the attention of the audience. Colors play an important role in drawing the attention of the audience. Having attractive colors in the thumbnail proved to increase the click through rates. Here are few tips on choosing the colors that work best.
1. The first thing to do is to determine the audience. Color selections many vary depending on the target audience.
2. Determine how you are going to visually represent the content.
3. Use brighter colors in the thumbnail. This helps to stand out from rest.
4. At the same time see that the thumbnail is not gaudy and look cheap.
5. There is no need to set the default colors. Use the color filters to make the colors draw the attention of the audience.
6. If the colors of the thumbnail are very dark, they may not show up well in the sidebar video list. So consider these things when creating thumbnails.
7. Use brightly colored background to draw attention.
8. Use complementary colors such as purple on a yellow background.
9. The more attractive the color scheme, the more it helps in drawing attentions and increase click through rates.
10. Use contrasting colors and outlines to make the text used in the video stand out from the background.
A good thumbnail with attractive colors can make a lot of difference when it comes to compel the viewer to click on the thumbnail and watch the video. Thumbnail introduces the content to the viewer and it is important to take full advantage of this feature.