YouTube was supporting 360 degree videos on its site long back and now the publishers can live stream their 360 degree video on YouTube. The live streaming shoot of 360-degree video cannot be done with a mobile. For Google and YouTube, 360 videos has become a priority to compete with the likes of Facebook. And the launching of the feature is one of the great changes to the video sharing platform. The complete details to have the YouTube Live 360 Degree Video streaming is given below.
YouTube Live 360 Degree Video Setup
The things needed for setting up of YouTube live 360 degree video are of course the computer, special software that can stitch multiple cameras into a single feed and a special camera. YouTube live video streaming can be done using the cameras and software such as Allie, VideoStitch and the creators can also use the YouTube Live Streaming API.
To stream the video on YouTube there is need to change the encoding setting. Go to YouTube live platforms and go to advanced setting. From among the options choose the live stream is 360 degree and check the relegated box. Resolution for 360 video is 1440p which is preferred and choose the 16:9 aspect ratio also. Then start the video live streaming.
Remember to test the live stream before it is made available to public so that you can test the audio, video and if needed make changes to the set up. Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera browsers are those on which YouTube supports 360 video live streaming ingestion and playback.
The audience can watch the YouTube 360 degree live streaming videos on their tablets, desktops or smartphones. Apple iPhone also supports this. The audience can experience the full-on VR effect, if they have the virtual reality headset.
YouTube Live 360 Degree Video Streaming Best Practices
• YouTube encoder specification settings and transmission options allow live streaming from anywhere on any budget. But the creator must weigh the cost and the quality and think about possible failure and then decide the workflow for the show.
• For live streaming, multiple cameras need to be used.
• Use the best quality cameras to provide the audience with great 360 video content.
• There is no single universal format for encoding and distribution of live 360 video which would have made live streaming simpler. The stream now needs to reach the viewers whose internet connects speeds and screens are different.
• To engage the audience, make the stream interactive. Do not use any scripted broadcast. Check the likes and comments on the live stream to see how the audience is responding to the stream.
• If yours live streaming is pre-planned, let your fans and followers know it in advance. Post the images that contain the details of your 360 videos live streaming time, date, and platform and post them in your social media pages, blogs and also send emails to your subscribers.
• Save the 360 video live streaming and extend the life of it.
Live video is one of the best and quickest way to generate content and provides a great experience for the audience as they feel they are being there at the event. The 360 live video helps grab the attention of the audience. There are some challenges and benefits with 360 live video. The benefits include engaging the audience, reaching the real-time audience, longer view time leading and the ability to see how the content is performing in live. There are also some challenges such as determining whether the live stream content is the one that the audience wants, the cost factor, deciding the platforms, encoding specifications setting and to see whether the mobile users are able to access the content or not.