YouTube Trends help to find which of the videos are popular on YouTube now.
What makes a video on YouTube successful? How can a video appear on YouTube trending?
Table of Contents
YouTube Trending Algorithm
Trending videos are those which are embedded on popular websites and also have been watched by people not only on YouTube but externally also. Video metrics such as viewership history, relevancy, watch time and others play a crucial role in the algorithm choosing the video as trending. YouTube algorithms also proved to favour the videos that have more likes and comments and to those videos that viewers are connected to emotionally. YouTube trends also help to identify which videos are trending across YouTube.
How a Video is selected for YouTube Trending List
The method in which YouTube selects videos for tending list might be different for different countries. It depends on the views and likes that a video gets in a given span of time. The most viewed videos in a country are most likely to get into the trending lists. YouTube decides a threshold and a video that reaches the threshold regarding some views in a particular time can make it into the trending list.
Best Practices to Appear Your Video on YouTube Trends
It is not easy to make the video to appear on YouTube trends. However, some practices can help to achieve this.
• The video content must be unique.
• Choose the hottest trending topic as the subject of the video.
• Use appealing thumbnail.
• Tags are very crucial to rank in search engines. So use them intelligently.
• YouTube videos are promoted based on the quality and uniqueness. Try promoting them vigorously in different ways so that they get more views in short time.
• The content should not contain any nudity, abuse or sexually explicit content.
• Request some popular site to share your video to get a boom in views and thereby get on YouTube trending.
• Try increasing the watch time of the video by keeping the content engaging.
• Social media sharing also increases the views and can help the video go viral.
Most videos on YouTube get viewership driven through the suggested or recommended videos column. To get into the suggested column list, let the video content be engaging. Optimize the titles of the video, optimize video Meta data and playlists and annotations can be used to interlink videos to increase the views.
Different country trends in YouTube
Trending section of YouTube is not the same for all the countries. Videos from some countries such as the UK appear consistently on trending section even if the views are not many. Trending not always means being most watched, but it can mean that the rate of views it is getting is high.
YouTube trends are very useful to the YouTubers. They can identify what are popular and what the people like to watch. Related videos can be created based on the trending videos. This can help you new video to get into related video section and generate thousands of views and thereby increase the revenue. Trending list on YouTube can be found on the Homepage of the video sharing platform, Google Trends and so on.