Content marketing is the latest trend and that too with the video being more powerful there is heavy competition among competitors to position their product on video sharing platforms like YouTube. The marketer has multiple objectives i.e., increasing the sales, promoting the image of the company and of course the ROI (the bottom line for company operations).
One of the best bets that the marketers are considering for this perhaps is the video marketing. The present day technology is offering the viewers (users) an option to search for the product (on the net) once they see the video about the product. This can be proved by the fact that the traditional marketing mix compared to latest trend i.e, video marketing is way far behind. The marketer needs to adopt certain strategies suitable for his organization to ensure that his marketing mix strategy is successful. Naturally, this success is calculated based on the RoI.
Give below are some of the strategies that the marketer can adopt.
1) Move to forecasting: Traditional marketing mix is based on historical data (backcasting). To move forward, the marketer needs to forecast.
2) There are reports that lion share of mobile web usage is through appropriate mobile apps.
3) ‘Call to Action’ is the trump card to direct the viewer to go for a purchase decision.
4) Monitoring the success of the videos is required to ensure the viewer behavior in relation to your videos. This is also useful to ensure that necessary updations/corrections are carried out for your content.
5) Swiftness is sweeter. You need to keep your video short and also ‘answer to the point’ type providing required information within the smallest possible time.
6) Variety is the spice of life. You can prepare and launch as many varieties of videos of your products as possible (within your budgets). More videos naturally return more benefits.
7) SEO is the CEO for content marketing. Search Engine Optimization is the concept that the marketer has to always remember while finalizing his content.
8) Demographics to be given their due share. Each segment of your viewers needs special attention to ensure that they are also involved in your viewer base.
9) Music to the ears of viewers is money to the marketers. Suitable and attractive melodious music will enhance the interest of the viewer in the video thereby leading to more views and more sales as well.
10) “Link” to your website. This quick link will enable the viewer to hasten up his purchase decision.
The above are some of the strategies that the marketer can consider to ensure the best of ROI. The marketer, however, needs to ensure that the overall marketing activity is well within the budget and organizational goals.