DVD rippers have become a part of daily lives for many people. DVD continues to take the dominant position as the disc storage medium. DVDs are available in large numbers at online stores much more than the Blu-ray discs. DVD can only play with DVD players or Blu-Ray disc players on television or computer. If you are not at home, you may not watch them. Thus people like to rip and convert the DVD movies to videos to be played on their mobile devices so that they can watch it anywhere.
1. WonderFox DVD Ripper Speedy is one of the most popular DVD rippers that can use for free. The interface is friendly and very easy to understand and use.
2. Handbrake is another popular free DVD ripper. It can install on Windows, Linux and Mac devices. DVDs can convert to MP4 or MKV.
3. DVD Shrink is free software that compressed DVD data. The features are friendly and give the users very flexible choices.
4. DVD Decrypter is also a free DVD ripper which is used to rip DVD to VOB or iOS image. There are not many useful features in this software.
5. DVDFab HD Decrypter is a powerful free DVD ripper. But this does not support the video encoding and a third party video converter requires to be used.
6. BDlot DVD ISO Master allows ripping of common and encrypted DVD to ISO. It also required a third party DVD to video converter.
7. DVD43 is another free DVD ripper helps in the creation of backup copies of DVDs. There is also DVD43 plug-in.
8. DVD Shrink DVD Ripper is a freeware for Windows users. Third party converter is needed to convert output DVD files to other videos.
9. MakeMKV is free software to rip DVDs. Blu-ray decryption and processing, however, are free only for a month.
10. MediaCoder is another free DVD ripper for Windows.
Several DVD rippers come for free and convert the video files on every OS. The above mentioned are few of the popular ones, might not be in the same order.