YouTube is the 2nd most popular search engine globally, with over 6 billion hours of video watched every day. And get this, YouTube has more 18-49-year-old viewers than any cable network!
According to a new report by BI Intelligence, “YouTube will have an ad market share of 40% by 2021.”
So what does this mean for you?
It means that if you’re not using your YouTube channel as a branding tool already, it’s time to start. This blog post will show you how to optimize your brand on YouTube and ensure that your business is ready when 2022 rolls around.
YouTube is a social media platform that has been around for over 15 years and has grown exponentially in the past decade.
It’s become an essential part of our lives, with many people relying on it to get their news, watch video content, listen to music, share videos and images, the list goes on!
There are so many applications available on YouTube that you can use your account as a hub for all things entertainment or educational. With this being said, it’s important to keep up with the ever-changing algorithms to optimize your channel for success in 2022!
Here are some Quick Tips:
- Make sure you have a good profile photo uploaded
- Use keywords in your title
- Write informative titles
- Include Tags
The way people watch YouTube is changing rapidly with new video formats, short-form video series, and live streaming. As a result, brands are looking for ways to increase their visibility on the platform among this new audience. One method that has seen success in recent years is optimizing your brand’s YouTube channel for 2022. Here’s how to do it!
The content you generate will be more engaging based on what type of content your target audience prefers (text posts or videos). You can also use different media types like GIFs and photos to make up for any visual information. That way, when someone comes across your channel, they’ll get an idea about who you are without even checking out the video feed first.
Optimize Your Brand Channel for 2022 by getting on YouTube now.
It’s the fastest way to establish your brand, reach hundreds of millions of people, and show that you’re at the forefront of new technologies. Need help?
Check out our first installment about what is YouTube here , where does YouTube fit in this market?
What are some Tips on Optimizing your YouTube Channel for 2022
Select an appropriate username – make it something memorable or fun
Upload engaging content with high audience interaction- find a balance between personal and professional content.
Upload high-quality videos (or partner with someone who can) and offer HD and 4K resolutions.
YouTube channel branding is vital to the success of your channel. Branding is essential because it can ensure that new YouTube viewers know exactly who you are by reading your username or channel handle, searching for your username online, or viewing related videos.
Optimizing these features to be consistent with 2020 branding techniques can lead to increased growth in viewership over the next two years. Here are some tips on how you can optimize these features for 2022 branding.
Consider adding a short clip at the end of your top-20 viewer favorite videos that tells viewers what channels they should subscribe to beyond yours to get more similar content – this is called cross-promotion.
Answer: Be a positive voice in society
Be a robust and authentic representation of the people you serve
Results-driven solutions for your clients
Serve an underserved or underrepresented population.
Donate time and resources to charities and efforts that support the things you care about
Do great work for your clients. Have fun with it.
Include videos from other qualified experts on the topics you cover
Create content often, so people always come back for more
Leverage customer feedback to improve your brand’s performance for targeted markets Bounce back quickly when mistakes happen Interview industry leaders, originators of trends, superstars, icons , if they are willing to meet with you, that is!
Ways To Optimize Your YouTube Channel Brand Channel For 2022
- Make sure you have an original logo and branding
- Use popular video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro X
- Add the right tags to your videos so they will be seen by more people who are interested in them
- Upload high-quality content that is interesting, engaging, and creative
- Research the best keywords for your brand
- Create a YouTube Channel Branding Guide with all of your branding colors, fonts, and logos
- Use videos to show off different aspects of your company
- Add captions to every video you upload
- Make sure that you’re following all the YouTube Community Guidelines and Terms of Service
- Share new content on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter at least once a day
- Use a consistent color scheme, logo, and theme for your videos
- Update your channel’s header to reflect the new brand changes
- Keep in mind that YouTube will be implementing an algorithm change on April 17th, 2020
- Add more tags to each of your videos, so they appear higher up in the search results list
- If you are part of a larger company or organization with multiple channels, make sure there is consistency between them all
- Create more playlists with similar content types (for example, if you have beauty tutorials, create one called “Beauty Tutorials”)
- Brand consistency across all channels
- Optimize your channel for video SEO
- Find the right niche to optimize content around
- Develop a strong strategy for monetization of videos and other products
- Create an editorial calendar with specific topics that are relevant to your brand’s audience
- Use YouTube analytics to help determine what is working well on your channel
- Create a consistent and recognizable brand
- Engage with your audience on social media
- Optimize for search engines by using keywords in the title, description, and tags
- Create video content that is relevant to your audience’s interests
- Share your videos with friends and family to get feedback before publishing them online
- Make sure you have good lighting when filming or recording yourself so that people can see what you are doing clearly7 . Keep up-to-date with
- YouTube changes by checking their blog regularly
- Add links to other channels in the “About” section of your channel page
- Use annotations in your videos when appropriate
- Add a call-to-action to your video descriptions
- Include links in the video description to other videos or website pages
- Add annotations on YouTube videos that link back to your website, blog posts, and other channels
- Add links in the description of videos to other social media channels
- Create a video with tips for subscribers on how they can get more out of their YouTube experience
- Promote your videos on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter
- Upload content that is relevant to what you are promoting
- Create a YouTube channel that is consistent with your company’s branding
- Make sure you have a clear and concise description of what type of content you will be uploading
- Upload videos regularly to keep people coming back for more
- Include links in the video descriptions so viewers can find out more information about your business or products, as well as subscribe to your channel
- Keep up with trends in the industry
- Create a video every day, or at least once per week
- Post your videos on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to reach more people
- Engage with other YouTubers by commenting on their posts and liking their videos.
If you want to make some changes or updates to your YouTube channel, contact us for help! We offer a range of services from strategy consulting to production.
Our experts have helped clients with everything from branding and marketing strategies to producing videos that will get noticed.
The YouTube channel is ever-changing, and it’s important to be on top of the latest changes. With new features like Super Chat coming soon, marketers will need to update their strategies for staying ahead in this competitive market.
We can help you stay up-to-date with all that’s changing by providing tailored consulting services for your needs. Contact us today!