Did you observe why only some YouTube videos are displayed in the top results when you type something in the search box even on Google search engine results?
Yes, it is due to rules and regulations of the algorithms that made your video content rank accordingly.
One must follow the algorithm and the rules and regulations to stand in the top search results.
The algorithms are separately created for the search, relevancy and many other factors under consideration.
Table of Contents
Let us have a deeper look at how YouTube algorithm works.
YouTube watch time algorithm
YouTube had surfaced the videos which were driving good watch time. Generally, YouTube viewers watch a lot of video content across the platform.
YouTube had made several changes in algorithm regarding watch time in order to encourage the people to watch more and interact with the community.
So with the update of the video discovery feature about how a viewer finds the videos and the suggestions for videos were changed.
Previously this feature was only designed to generate more views to the videos.
Today the same feature was designed by focusing on the time spent on a particular video by the average number of viewers which is called as a watch time feature on YouTube.
If viewers are watching more time on YouTube towards a particular video consumption means that viewers are happy to consume the videos.
So, the videos with greater watch time will be displayed in the search results with this YouTube Watch Time algorithm.
Watch time is not just a measurement of the video watching minutes but it is beyond that metrics.
It measures the contribution of your video to the YouTube users on the platform.
It was connected with several other factors in its algorithm to prioritize the videos across the YouTube platform.
YouTube views count algorithm
The view count algorithm also plays a vital role in ranking your YouTube videos on the platform.
The YouTube View count algorithm depends upon the first five seconds of the video content that is published on the platform.
It has separately designed for the video views on the platform as well as the video views of the embedded videos.
Finally, the algorithm was designed basing on the video contribution for view count and embedded video using the YouTube’s native players and another domain for playing the videos.
It will not apply for the auto play videos and the video which was watched or viewed through the proprietary player from API.
YouTube Recommendation Algorithm
The main objective of the YouTube recommendation algorithm is to provide its users with a high-quality video content.
So, the platform had developed the best solution to recommend its users with the best quality videos.
There are numerous challenges that are faced by the YouTube during the development of recommendation platform as the algorithm was designed to provide the personalized video recommendation.
Poor metadata, irrelevant titles, and the other video descriptions were also taken into consideration while designing this recommendation algorithm.
The recommendation algorithm generally draws the data from two key sources like metadata and the data of user activities like ratings, favorites, and view timings.
So, before generation of the recommendations to the users, the algorithmic systems determine the various set of related videos and compute the things with definite rules and regulations.
Finally, the present recommendation algorithm is performing very well and improving the user engagement on YouTube platform.
Even the recommended videos are getting 62 percent more clicks on the home page with good CTR rates.
YouTube search algorithm
YouTube search algorithm had undergone several changes since 2012 and was improved the users experience on YouTube platform.
The search algorithm had enhanced the high quality, relevant and most engaging content to the users.
The present search algorithm considers and calculates the various factors like relevancy, quality and many other thinks that are considered for the ranking factors in the algorithms.
The search algorithm focuses on the actual views and the watch time spent by the YouTube users on specific video content.
YouTube Relevancy Algorithm
YouTube relevancy algorithm targets the most relevant and perfectly fitted content for its users.
The algorithms display the video content to its users basing on the relevancy and quality of the videos.
The relevancy algorithm is mainly designed to prevent and delete the fake video content and irrelevant videos or spammed content from the platform.
The platform was already equipped with the well-designed copyright laws and regulations to prevent the copyright violated content on YouTube platform.
Miscellaneous tips to win your YouTube strategy
• Your content must engage the audience and provide some sort of entertainment to get connected with your content.
• Don’t forget to maintain best quality video footage with good audio.
• Don’t ever be irrelevant while filling your details to the description of your video. Relevancy will definitely reflect on your overall search rankings on YouTube platform.
• Optimize your metadata for your video. Try to include SEO targeting keywords to boost your rankings across the platform.
• Create good playlists to influence the users to watch time sessions.
• Collaborate with the other channels to provide the best content to your audience.
• Choose the right thumbnail and titles for your video content. If you just went with an attractive thumbnail that catches viewers attention but failed to keep relevancy will definitely effect on your overall reputation. So, maintain relevancy and focus on catchy titles and attractive thumbnails.
• Promote your subscribe button with a good call to actions. Drive audience towards your landing pages by attracting them with good takeaways.
• Utilize the annotation feature and engage the viewer.
• Link your viewers to the other video content using the annotations and let them stay connected with your channel.
• Access your audience retention report on your YouTube platform and analyze your present watch time. Optimize your watch time and metrics to boost your channel.
• Be consistent in uploads and stay connected with your audience with quick response.
Finally, enjoy the guide and have a happy vlogging!!!