The video is a powerful tool to engage people and the visual content is easy to digest and easy to share. It is also a great way to tell stories about your brand. The storytelling technique allows the brands to move away from product led content to develop emotional connections with the audience.
Table of Contents
What is storytelling?
Storytelling is an investment to creating emotional connections with the audience. This technique is mostly used by video marketers. The goal of it is to make the audience pay attention to the story more than the product and passively promote the brand.
Storytelling helps the brands to convey their personality. Storytelling makes the audience keeps coming back.
Why Storytelling in Video Marketing is Effective?
Most forms of advertising are not effective in connecting with the audience. The audience pays attention to the ads that are different. Storytelling in video marketing connects with human experience.
The brands can build excitement, anticipation in the audience by not having a conclusive ending to their story.
The visual content itself is very effective and storytelling will further help to make the people understand a brand better.
Show them that you understand their problems. Offer solutions and tell them how your product or service helps them.
Storytelling in video marketing is a powerful instrument to drive engagement. It communicates the message clearly. It makes online video more engaging. There are no limits when creating videos with storytelling. Storytelling can be different in many ways.
Video marketing storytelling rules
• Create engaging video content about the problems, goals, interests of the audience. Try educating them about something and compel them to take action. Offer solutions to their problems. Inject your brand into the story.
• Use emotions in storytelling. Emotions drive consumers to respond to a video.
• When creating a video do not get tempted to make the story complicated. Imagine that the audience is children and then develop the storyline which should be simple.
• The goal of any video marketing campaign is to get the viewers take some action. Include a clear call to action.
• Use effective storytelling strategies to either have to increase click through or increased customers and revenue. Tell stories that are real. Be genuine and honest.
Video Storytelling in Social Media
Storytelling is a great way to engage social media followers and fans. They will be encouraged to share our content. Here is how you can use video storytelling in social media.
Build an emotional connection with the audience by sharing video stories. Create videos of satisfied customer stories. Since potential customers value the opinion of other customers, this helps in building trust. Include your product and create a video series.
Take your viewers behind the scenes. They will find these video funny and entertaining.
You can share information about the how the products are made, who are the people behind the product etc. Another form of popular video is the how to videos. People love to learn new things.
Use storytelling videos to teach them something new. Encourage them to try it out for themselves. Choosing the graphics for the videos is as important as choosing the words to be more effective.
Storytelling is an age-old technique. People love stories. It is powerful because it taps human emotions and this cannot be achieved by corporate advertising videos. Brands and businesses have to remember that what works for one brand cannot work for all.
What works in one season may not work in the other seasons. Test what works best for you and create a lasting impression on your audience with storytelling.