There are few reasons why YouTube suspends accounts. There is something wrong with the videos, wrong tags; thumbnail is obscene or sexy, etc. Sometimes the account may be suspended due to a misunderstanding of YouTube.
One YouTube suspends an account; it is permanent. Not one channel but all the channels associated with the user are also suspended.
The suspension can be of two types – Community guidelines strikes and repeated copyright violations. Once the account is suspended, the user must submit an online appeal.
YouTube will send the response in a week, but it is not easy to understand why the account is suspended.
Most common reasons for channel suspensions are going too far with titles, descriptions, tags, links, and thumbnails to attract views. Providing unrelated affiliate links, requesting for money, etc. or encouraging people to violate terms of service of YouTube or having pornography, hate speech or harassment in the videos.
- It is not possible to create a new channel with the same Gmail ID once the YouTube channel is suspended.
- One has to create a new Gmail ID to create a new YouTube channel.
- A suspended account does not allow uploading new videos or commenting on others videos.
- The account information is still accessible and so the YouTube account can be closed permanently.
- To close the account, go to the corner of YouTube homepage and click on ‘Settings.’
- Go to account overview page and then go to ‘Advance’ option.
- Click the ‘Close Account’ option.
YouTube is a free platform that helps the content to reach a wider audience. Mismanaging the channel will end up with a suspended channel. It is thus important not to violate the copyright laws or go overboard to increase views for the channel. Right kind of content for right kind of targeted audience will automatically result in many views and good revenue.