YouTube is the only video platform that serves a massive audience without interruption. Some audience might have a hearing challenge, and some others can’t understand other country languages which are used in the video as that language is not their mother language. If you take English, China, Hindi or Russian, etc. are preferred by the audience according to their mother language. It’s become a challenging task for YouTube creators to attract a global audience. The only way to reach that target is by adding Multilingual Subtitles to YouTube videos.
Use transcripts in turning the audio of your video into the text and uploading it as the aide for the audience in better reaching your channel. Some audience will better understand through reading while watching the video. The transcripts are always closely connected to subtitles.
Table of Contents
Why should we add Multilingual Subtitles to YouTube videos?
- As a creator, by adding multilingual subtitles to YouTube videos, you can serve your video content to a foreign audience.
- You never required to learn all languages to get the global viewers attention. YouTube makes it a simple way by sending the caption file to Google translate. Then it enables all audiences to choose “translate captions” button which displays subtitles to enjoy watching.
- When verified then YouTube will index the subtitles according to the metadata.
- Through this activity, the audience can find your video easily through searches.
- These all can help to improve your ranking and increase the rate of viewership.
How to add Multilingual Subtitles to YouTube videos?
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- Click on your account icon that appears on the top right corner of the YouTube page.
- Then click on YouTube Studio(beta).
- Go to videos
- Choose the video that you want to add multilingual subtitles.
- Then choose the Advanced
- Select the video language from original video language, subtitles and cc.
- Then click on upload subtitles/cc
- Select subtitle file type with or without timing.
- Press continue.
- Then different YouTube caption system file languages are displayed on the screen.
- After selecting your captions document, it will be automatically added to the video.
- Click on save option.
Transcribe and auto-sync:
- Choose the option to create new subtitles or cc.
- Then select transcribe and auto-sync.
- Enter the subtitles in the field of text.
- Then set timings to sync.
- Hit on upload file.
- Select the type of file to upload.
- Select the choose file then upload.
- If you wish to make any changes in the text, then use the editor.
- Then click on publish.
Automatic subtitles or captioning:
With the help of YouTube’s speech recognition technology, you can add subtitles or captions to your YouTube video. If there is an availability of automatic captions or subtitles, then they will be published.
YouTube automatic captions or subtitles are offered in English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Dutch and Korean.
Important aspects to consider while adding multilingual subtitles
- Adjust the screen size of the video.
- Along with the subtitle position, the word spacing should be adjusted.
- The subtitles should use as much space to build the words.
- Adding subtitles should allow the audience to have an effective video viewing experience.
Adding multilingual subtitles to the YouTube videos will create the continuous engagement of the global audience. It also helps to improve the reputation of the channel.