Google Adwords, a sales channel helps businesses earn profits by selling their products or services. Some marketers may fail to earn benefits from Adwords; this may be because Adwords is being used in the wrong way. Here are few mistakes that video marketers might be doing which can lead to low ROI.
Google Adwords tool has potential that makes it easy to reach the new customers, and this also drives sales. Adwords must be used correctly to avoid wasting money. If the Adwords campaign is not configured correctly, the video and may be shown to wrong consumers. If the video ad campaign is not completing, it may be lost in the competition. The return on investment may be very little if mistakes are made in using Google AdWords. Here are the video marketing mistakes that should be avoided for Google AdWords.
1. Focusing on wrong keywords is one of the common mistakes that marketers do with Adwords video. One must identify the correct keywords to save budget and to increase conversions.
2. Avoid using wrong keywords or too many keywords.
3. Do not ignore negative keywords. For negative keywords, the Adwords do not trigger the ads help avoid fruitless clicks.
4. One of the most common mistakes of the marketers is not using correct negative keywords. This leads to your ad appearing for wrong queries and wrong people and nonconverting traffic will be brought to the video.
5. Not having specific ad groups is another mistake which should be avoided by the marketers. Having specific ad groups helps in reaching the target audience and increases the ad rank.
6. Several clicks do not define the success of a video advertising campaign. We have seen many people measuring the success of a campaign based on clicks the video receives. There can be lots of clicks, but all these need not be leads.
7. Not tracking the results of the advertisement campaign is also very important.
8. When a customer clicks on an ad, he expects to get the information he is looking for. Do not disappoint him by not diverting him to a landing page video with all the required information.
9. Do not forget to write the perfect keywords in the title of the ad of the video.
10. Set up the conversion tracking to track the conversions. This helps to determine the success of your video campaign.
11. Do not start the video ad campaign with broad match keywords for higher volumes of traffic instead start with exact and phrase match keywords.
12. Do not run the same ad on Search and Display networks. Rather, run separate video campaigns and optimize for the different target audience.
13. Do not neglect setting negative keywords as this helps in blocking the ad from being shown to non-converting traffic.
14. The goal of video advertising for Adwords is to reach new prospective customers. Using wrong keywords to increase reach and this mistake should be avoided.
15. Not tracking the results of the advertising is another mistake that should be avoided.
16. Treating the different devices such as mobiles and desktop as the same is another mistake.
17. To improve branding, it is necessary to test the optimal ad position and neglecting this may be one of the mistakes.
18. Not knowing the competitors is another mistake
19. Do not make the mistake of expecting too much from AdWords.
20. Not directing the video ad audience to an appropriate landing page is another mistake.
Marketers must also remember to research on new keywords, test the landing pages, etc. even if the conversion rate of the video campaign is satisfactory.
Every video marketing ad aims to attract as many visitors as possible, but the above mistakes need to be avoided when using Google AdWords to make the most from the campaigns.