YouTube is one of the popular video sharing platforms that can be used for individual promotion and also business promotion. Having an own YouTube channel helps to reach a large number of users. There is no charge to upload the video and if the content is good it can go viral very fast. Instead of being one among the millions of YouTube creators, make your channel stand out with the following ways.
1. Make sure that your channel name is unique and different.
2. Your channel name and the channel URL of the page should be different.
3. The name of the YouTube channel must be appealing to the consumers.
4. The user must know by the YouTube channel name what type of videos are placed in the channel.
5. Create a YouTube channel trailer that helps to attract the viewers and they end up landing on your channel watching your videos.
6. The channel trailer must be short and should explain the content of the videos in your channel.
7. Select an icon of proper resolution that will appear clearly even on a small mobile screen. When the icon is appealing even new viewers will watch your videos.
8. Optimize your YouTube channel to look good to all the viewers coming from various platforms such as PC, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
9. To promote your videos, concentrate on creating great thumbnails to attract the viewers and making them click the video.
10. Check the resolution of the thumbnail and the format.
11. Use the call to action feature to ask the viewers to subscribe, watch other videos, share videos or comment on your videos.
12. You can either use the annotations or direct host mentions to request the viewers to act.
13. Using end cards for your videos is a good idea and this helps in increasing your channel subscribers.
14. To get more exposure to your YouTube channel, allow viewers to embed your videos.
15. Another way to promote the YouTube channel is to incorporate it into emails, blogs and social media sites such as Facebook.
16. To make your YouTube channel unique use the InVideo programming feature which is not much used by the people.
17. InVideo programming features allow you to embed feature video, which means thumbnail of your other video pops up and the viewers can click on it and watch it.
18. Embed a watermark on all your videos in the channel. The viewers can hover the watermark and subscribe directly to your channel.
19. To keep the audience engaged, regularly post the videos and this also helps in increasing subscribers to your channel.
20. Channel ad also helps to increase the subscribers
21. Make use of Google plus connections
22. For making your YouTube channel a success cross-promote the channel
23. Use the keywords that have high potential to get hits and use them in your titles.
24. You can use the Google Keyword tool to search for the keywords and tag them to get higher ranks in search engine results.
25. Keep your videos short and sweet. If the video is longer, it should have good content to sustain the interest of the viewers.
26. Make sure that the videos produced for your channel have content have long term viewing capacity.
27. Do not follow other YouTube channels and try something new even if it is risky.
28. You can add your official website link and other social media links on your YouTube channel.
29. Encourage audience to comment on your videos and respond to their queries and questions as quickly as possible.
30. Get your YouTube channel verified.
YouTube has a large number of user base and using a YouTube channel of your own help to promote yourself or your products and is good for your business promotion also.