Google Adwords tool is very powerful that makes it easy to reach the new customers and this also drives sales. Adwords must be used correctly to avoid wasting the money. If the Adwords campaign is not configured properly, the video ad may be shown to wrong consumers. If the video ad campaign is not completing, it may be lost in the competition. The return on investment may be very little if mistakes are made in using Google AdWords. Here are the video marketing mistakes that should be avoided for Google AdWords.
1. Do not start the video ad campaign with broad match keywords for higher volumes of traffic instead start with exact and phrase match keywords.
2. Do not run the same ad on Search and Display networks. Rather, run separate video campaigns and optimize for different target audience.
3. Do not neglect setting negative keywords as this helps in blocking the ad from being shown to non-converting traffic.
4. The goal of video advertising for Adwords is to reach new prospect customers. Using wrong keywords to increase reach and this mistake should be avoided.
5. Not tracking the results of the advertising is another mistake that should be avoided.
6. Treating the different devices such as mobiles and desktop as the same is another mistake.
7. To improve branding it is necessary to test the optimal ad position and neglecting this may be one of the mistakes.
8. Not knowing the competitors is another mistake
9. Do not make the mistake of expecting too much from AdWords.
10. Not directing the video ad audience to appropriate landing page is another mistake.
The aim of every video marketing ad is to attract as many visitors as possible but the above mistakes need to be avoided when using Google AdWords to make the most from the campaigns.