The video is being used as a way for productivity and communication and so most of the businesses are sharing their video content across many networks. To manage this huge amount of video, Video Content Management System is being used.
Video Content Management System
Video Content Management System or VCMS is the software that helps in managing, delivering and organizing the video online. Video files are uploaded to this system and people can access the video using a link.
Different Tasks and Process of Video Content Management System
Video Content Management Systems does many tasks.
• These systems help the user to create high quality, professional-looking videos as these can record video from devices such as professional video cameras, webcams, mobile devices, tablets or electronic whiteboards to name a few. They can also synchronize slides from PowerPoint.
• VCMS allows uploading of bulk video content.
• Some of these systems also do the automatic transcoding. The file uploaded in different formats is converted automatically in multiple formats to be effectively delivered to various devices such as desktop, mobile phones and tablets.
• These also can search inside the video or across video libraries for specific content.
• During playback, these systems check the internet connection speed of the viewers and switches between video streams of different quality.
Video Content Management Platforms
• Panopto Video Platform is a web based video content management system. Using this platform makes managing the videos easier. It offers all the required tools to manage the videos and also to live stream or to deliver on demand videos.
• Brightcove allows to mange videos and video libraries of any size easily. Interesting features of Brightcove video management system are the batch editing, drag and drop playlists and video cloud.
• Kaltura supports management of event large video libraries. Users can access tools such as search media, edit, create playlist etc. Multiple language captions files can be uploaded.
• ViMP is a complete solution for managing your videos. This is a professional video content management system for WebTV, social media portals etc. It also offers enterprise video content management solution.
• Ensemble Video enables sharing and managing video and has a large user base. Important features of this system are the screen capture, publishing media to different devices, LMs and CMS plug-in, security and analytics.
YouTube for Enterprises
With Enterprise YouTube, businesses can share their videos with their employees, other viewers etc. These viewers can also share or store these videos. The systems with video content management capabilities are available as SaaS cloud solutions. It is easy to share the video content on YouTube. This is not about video marketing but of sharing on demand video. Helps the businesses to keep better connected with their work force.
Video-based Corporate Communications
For most corporate companies, communication is the biggest challenge than the competition. With remote offices across the globe and sales taking place online all the time, it is not a good idea for organizations to rely on text documents, emails and other traditional ways to share their ideas as this is time consuming and may not be very effective. Videos help to capture ideas quickly. This is how corporate can use video for communication.
Social learning videos helps the employees of the organization to learn new things and such videos available on video content management systems can be accessed by these people on their devices at any time. Organization is using video to make announcements to sales teams. Recording and storing the meetings helps the remote team members to search for it review it.