Snapchat Discover features were launched two years ago in 2015. This is like an online magazine and is available both on Android and iOS devices.
The discover page appears similar to Pinterest with a grid of tiles and we can see images and headlines previews of the discover channels content. Tapping and holding on the images helps you to subscribe to them and these will appear in your recent stories.
The ad revenue in Snapchat discovers is split among Snapchat and the publishers.
There are a lot of things requires understanding about Snapchat Discover. Discover is not like social media.
This cover is a combination of magazine and television. You can see the temporary and mobile format of content created by brands and publishers.
The content is a mixture of videos, photos and more.
• Users can see various channels on the Discover page such as CNN, Comedy Central, Daily Mail, Snapchat, ESPN, National Geographic, Yahoo and Warner Music.
• All channels refresh their content every 24 hours. That means the users can see the content for only twenty-four hours.
• Users can see both articles and videos on Snapchat Discover and the content is as usual short. The maximum length of the videos is two minutes.
• The content for Discover is created with a teaser like an opener to make the audience attracted. Different types of content can be seen here like videos, quotes, silly listicles, how to articles, animation, recipes and horoscopes.
• There is an only limited selection of content on each channel.
• The content on Discover cannot be shared or the user can like or comment on it.
• Even big celebrities are getting involved in Discover.
• Since Snapchat is accessed on mobiles, the content on discovering is created suitable for small vertical scenes.
Brands are using Snapchat discover to reach the viewers and readers through their Snap ads.
These are videos that are not more than ten seconds long. Based on the content types, the brands can target their audience.
Major companies are already using the platform successfully.
BMW was the first primary sponsor for CNN when it was launched in 2015. The users can see the BMW logo in the intro animation of CNN, video ads of BMW appear in between the CNN discover content.
Marketers should place their ads wisely on Snapchat Discovered. When they are paired with relevant content, they will be watched thirty percent higher.
Another big brand that uses Snapchat Discover for promotion is T-Mobile.
It creates short and snappy funny videos on gym addicts, folk bands etc. T-mobile split its ads into two and placed them on either side of Daily Mail content.
Gatorade is the partner of US Open and the company ads can be seen on Snapchat discover channel of ESPN. The 8-bit style game created by the brand makes every person who plays the game spends at least three minutes on it.
This is a way to get interactive with the users. Other brands are created ads surrounding the editorial around which they will be showing the ads. In this way, the users will not feel that their experience is being interrupted.
Brands can take the advantage of special events such as holidays and create ads to reach them on their smartphones. When there are some special events people will reach their mobile phones and search for updates and stories.
Brands are sponsoring the channels on Snapchat Discover and you can see the ads that can be swiped away. Snapchat discover is a great platform for brands to show their ads. Snapchat Discover is not the only place to reach new stories but is a dynamic platform for brands to discover their advertising potential.