The present day digital marketing involves qualitative content.The efforts of the marketers in this direction will be decided based on the ability of the content to retain the viewers until the end of the content and also converting the viewer to be a prospective customer.
Though there are many options before the marketers to scale his YouTube channel content, the main options before him are well-known practices – hire or outsource.Both the aspects are equally and it is evident from the fact that more than 70% of large companies world-over use the combination of the aspects to improve their content.
Though important, both the concepts have their own advantages and limitations as well.
• While hiring allows internal team development which is quite needed for any growing organization for meeting tomorrow’s needs, the same is limited by the budget constraints.
• While outsourcing has no constraint of the budget, improper handling of the material that is being used for content or leakage of the same to unauthorized persons/competition is a risk that the market is likely to face.
• Hiring enables the marketer to have full control on the quality of the content whereas outsourcing solely depends on the time and resources allocated by the firm (for whom the outsourcing got awarded).
• While hiring is dependable proposition as the internal employees are having more commitment and dedication, the same is lesser in the case of outsourcing.
• Hiring involves additional financial outflow for incorporating advanced technology, whereas outsourcing brings the latest technology because of competition.
• A marketer may not have the required authority to hire as this is (hiring) is the portfolio pertaining to HR department, whereas he has full authority to outsource subject to his budget limitations.
• While hiring ensures that the hired employees are given proper information about the company and also the products that are going to be viewed on YouTube, similar knowledge (specific to the company and its products) can rarely be expected through outsourcing.
Despite the advantages and limitations of hiring vs Outsourcing, the marketer is required to assess his requirements depending on the content to be published, the nature of the content, confidentiality level, budget and other things to ensure that the content is able to scale the channel content.