As per the Statistics of Video streaming apps HotStar is top on India’s Top 10 Video streaming apps on monthly active usage. HotStar plays On-demand services of consumers like TV serials, Hollywood and Bollywood movies, music, TV shows and top interview and what not everything available in Hotstar.
HotStar playing Disney hits exclusively in India. It was partnered with Disney on multi layered platform exclusive premium services.
- It is a mobile entertainment digital platform
- It is owned by Novi digital company
- It is head quartered in Mumbai, India.
- “Go solo” is the slogan of Hotstar platform.
- It is available in English and seven other Indian languages.
- It had launched in the 2015 in the month of February.
- Star India is the subsidiary owner of Hotstar
- 1.6 million downloads were reported in the first week after its launch
- Hotstar app has achieved top place in the android applications
- The International cricket council has announced hotstar application as digital clips licensee in India for all ICC events from 2016 to 2019
- Star India as a subsidiary of Hotstar also has media rights for ICC events from 2016 to 2023
- The company has made four year deals with ICC which includes top eight ICC events
- Hotstar was placed in one of the top OTT platforms on the web
- It is currently offering fifty thousand hours of video content of television along with the movies and live shows.
- The app has acquired 340 million views for 49 matches of ICC cricket
- 201 million views has reported for IPL season eight
- Nearly 100 advertisers are using the hotstar platform as their advertising medium
- Nearly 25 million downloads were recorded on hotstar.
- The platform is expected to develop as a best platform for advertising
- It is available for both Android and iOS users for free of cost
HotStar is the India’s number one streaming services, this article has 20 facts and figures about Hotstar get to know more about HotStar.