Now a days small scale industries and business owners of larger industries moving their campaigns to live Video marketing. It gives 3 times loner live video compared to Facebook live Video . So people moving to Live Streaming video on YouTube.
Live online video is exploding and many more social media channels are offering this technology. YouTube being the largest marketplace for video, reserves its priority for marketers.
Now let’s briefly discuss the best practices for YouTube live streaming video:
1) Multiple workflows provides better results. Operating through a single channel might not give the much-expected result whereas operating through multiple channels will definitely give the desired results.
2) Using appropriate technology gives the best output and the video will be more liked by the viewers. There are methodologies to use multiple videos (depending on the requirement) and using a switch will provide all the more attractive video. Though there are multiple brands offering video switches, you need to find out the best switch within your budget.
3) Encoding the software and hardware is required. The video needs to be encoded into streaming at some time or the other. Encoding is done mostly at the place of incidence but it can be done later ‘offshore’ as well. There are free (like Adobe, Ustream, Livestream, YouTube etc) as well as paid software encoders (Telesteam’s product Wirecast Pro coming at prices less than $1000). Hardware encoders are available at a cost of $10,000 to $50,000.
4) Format and bitrate to encode and distribute need to be finalized. There are arguers supporting single stream and multiple streams onsite. While single streaming comes at economic prices, multiple streaming requires more expensive encoders and higher bandwidth causing increased cost of production.
5) Getting the video out (getting the video signal from the live event venue to a server that is doing remote streaming) is the most important and potentially challenge. Using public ISP is the common & cheapest approach. However, there are other options of using a satellite, fiber or of course the cellular technology.
6) Live streaming with closed captions: The FCC defines ‘near live’ as a program that is recorded less than 24 hours before it is shown on. As such live streaming must be captioned on the internet.
7) Proper testing of a live streaming video is to be done. You need to ‘test, test and test some more’ to ensure that the streaming is working to all your end user devices.
8) Start the webcast earlier than the actual event starts. Promoting the player and URL much before the event will add weight to your streaming.
9) The conclusion of the streaming also requires proper attention. Streaming service providers offer the ability to program a replay.
10) Always have ‘Plan B’. Despite the best planning and execution, there are chances of failure. ‘Plan B’ will reduce your chances of failure and enables quicker recovery as well.
As YouTube live streaming is gaining increasing popularity, the marketer can plan and take utmost advantage of this social media. In this article we have shortlisted 10 best ideas for YouTube Live Streaming Video for better Growth of Your Business.